Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

DELETE = ANSWERED
10-04-2022, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2022 09:31 PM by KateRenaissance Resident.)
DELETE = ANSWERED
Hello Kitty lovers

I just got a new baby. A teacup size American Shorthair Blue and White Tabby.
Is this a new brand of cat or a really old brand. Either way it is a really pretty kitty. I have never seen one of these before.

The parents are one of those Turquoise colored cats and a chateau Slate and White

Thank you Smile
Kate

Thank you
Kate Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2022, 03:27 PM
RE: American Shorthair Blue and White Tabby
(10-04-2022 09:19 PM)KateRenaissance Resident Wrote:  I just got a new baby. A teacup size American Shorthair Blue and White Tabby.
Is this a new brand of cat or a really old brand.

Hi Kate... Blue & White Tabby is quite an old fur. I checked the Discoveries & Retirements google document to see when it was discovered, but the fur seems to be missing from it. I checked my boxes and the earliest one I have was bred on June 21, 2013, so it's definitely one of the earlier furs.

I hope that's some help to you and congrats on the cute lil teacup.

[/align]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
10-05-2022, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2022 05:15 PM by KateRenaissance Resident.)
(10-05-2022 03:27 PM)Junie Nova Wrote:  
(10-04-2022 09:19 PM)KateRenaissance Resident Wrote:  I just got a new baby. A teacup size American Shorthair Blue and White Tabby.
Is this a new brand of cat or a really old brand.

Hi Kate... Blue & White Tabby is quite an old fur. I checked the Discoveries & Retirements google document to see when it was discovered, but the fur seems to be missing from it. I checked my boxes and the earliest one I have was bred on June 21, 2013, so it's definitely one of the earlier furs.

Thank for checking this for me.
Kate

eline='1665011580']
(10-05-2022 03:27 PM)Junie Nova Wrote:  
(10-04-2022 09:19 PM)KateRenaissance Resident Wrote:  I just got a new baby. A teacup size American Shorthair Blue and earlier furs.

Thank you
Kate Smile
10-05-2022, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2022 08:58 AM by Ivy Norsk.)
This is really interesting and thank you for catching this.
A search of the Forum shows that American Shorthair - Blue & White Tabby was put up as Cat of the Month project in August of 2012, so the fur must predate that.

KittyCats of the Month - August 2012

The first post about an AS Blue&White tabby is by Crystal Kerang on September 4, 2011. The thread is MisNamed "Blue Tabby" but is about a Blue & White tabby. The AS Blue Tabby had just been discovered in August of 2011. Perhaps both Blue and Blue & White hit the database at the same time.

Blue Tabby with black and white whiskers!!!

I've updated the KittyCats Discoveries and Retirements page.

Kate this thread should not be deleted.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: KateRenaissance Resident , Junie Nova , Bea Shamrock
10-06-2022, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2022 09:33 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
RE: DELETE = ANSWERED
Just to make everyone aware that American Shorthair - Blue & White tabby was not missing from the Discoveries document its on the Mystery Tab along with several other traits where no discovery information was available

[Image: 39c92050faf48bcfc3db320d7a382bfe.png]

Just to let you know this was not an oversight. The document was based upon one originated by another breeder that was no longer being updated. When I created the current one I actually dug deep and did my best to find info on those traits.
It does state at the top of each page to please look at the mystery tab if you can't find a trait. To facilitate this I have moved the Mystery tab to the beginning of the document.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , KateRenaissance Resident , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Bea Shamrock , LittleMe Jewell
10-16-2022, 09:40 AM
thank you all for doing this!! i know it's a labor of love but the community benefits from your collective efforts!! just wanted to let you know how much people have thanked "us" for this and i tell them "we have nothing to do with it!" Smile

you all are amazing!

Heart ••• tHe feLiNe pRinceSS ••• Heart
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Ivy Norsk
10-17-2022, 06:59 AM
Smile Smile Smile

(10-16-2022 09:40 AM)Callie Cline Wrote:  thank you all for doing this!! i know it's a labor of love but the community benefits from your collective efforts!! just wanted to let you know how much people have thanked "us" for this and i tell them "we have nothing to do with it!" Smile

you all are amazing!

Thank you
Kate Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)