Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

PRINCESS AZURE & BREEDING
09-04-2022, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2022 03:58 PM by KateRenaissance Resident.)
PRINCESS AZURE & BREEDING
Hello everyone.

I am proud to show you my new megapuss.
Her name is Princess Azure. I bought her from a breeder.

GYAZO:: https://gyazo.com/698d72a9d4349b783979daf35040d39d
PEDIGREE STATS:: https://kittycats.ws/pedigree/pedigreeview.php?new_public=00d9e9f2&cat_id=4454266&time=27347

1. She is a starter cat which brings me to my first question.
When we buy a starter cat, they are usually normal in size once we set it to an image form right?
Or is there a chance when buying a starter that it is born a mega? I know size is random but how is this possible?

2. Anyway now to my next question:.
She is a genesis ginger and has very little traits but I would like to breed her before she ages out of course. I don't want a genesis ginger baby but I am sure that her being one, there can be a chance her baby will be one too. So I guess I will be breeding her with another type of male.

3. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?
A 9 trait male of another category? Let's say I would like an American Shorthair Brown & White patch;
Would I breed her with a 9 trait? or an American Shorthair Brown & White patch with less traits? I am still quite new at breeding and although I know how to breed two cats over and over and with their babies to obtain certain traits I like, starters and unknown breeds are still a mystery.

4. I also know there are certain breeds you can breed together to obtain a certain kind of cat you may be wanting. Now I would like to know how to do that. I know these are lots of questions to answer but I do appreciate your input and since I wasn't planning on having a Genesis Ginger, I will leave her pretty costume on forever as it is the reason I paid more for her to begin with.

Thank you kindly for your input and answers.

Thank you
Kate Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2022, 06:19 PM
RE: PRINCESS AZURE & BREEDING
The Starter kitties for that collection could be bought as 'sized' kitties, so that is how the MegaPuss happens. Regular non-collection starter kitties in the store are always Normal sized. For the collections, they often will offer a 'sized' option -- pay xx amount and get a random size.

The traits that you see on your kitty are the 'dominant' traits. All kitties will hide another set of traits. The hidden traits will only be pulled if you breed her with a kitty with lower traits. If you breed her with an American Shorthair Brown & White Patch, then the kitties will be either the Genesis Ginger or possibly American Shorthair Brown & White Patch (if the starter hides something lower) or possibly something else that is hidden by both kitties. If the starter has a hidden that is more dominant than American Shorthair Brown & White Patch, then the Brown & White Patch will always be recessive and you'll only ever get the two furs that the starter has.

The same logic applies to each of the other traits. Typically, if someone is trying to pull out all of the hidden traits from a starter, they will breed it with a 9T that has pretty recessive traits for all or most of the 9 traits.

09-04-2022, 09:23 PM
Thank you for your reply. Could you tell me what *recessive traits* means? I am still a bit confused as to how this all happens. Thank you from Kate.

(09-04-2022 06:19 PM)LittleMe Jewell Wrote:  The Starter kitties for that collection could be bought as 'sized' kitties, so that is how the MegaPuss happens. Regular non-collection starter kitties in the store are always Normal sized. For the collections, they often will offer a 'sized' option -- pay xx amount and get a random size.

The traits that you see on your kitty are the 'dominant' traits. All kitties will hide another set of traits. The hidden traits will only be pulled if you breed her with a kitty with lower traits. If you breed her with an American Shorthair Brown & White Patch, then the kitties will be either the Genesis Ginger or possibly American Shorthair Brown & White Patch (if the starter hides something lower) or possibly something else that is hidden by both kitties. If the starter has a hidden that is more dominant than American Shorthair Brown & White Patch, then the Brown & White Patch will always be recessive and you'll only ever get the two furs that the starter has.

The same logic applies to each of the other traits. Typically, if someone is trying to pull out all of the hidden traits from a starter, they will breed it with a 9T that has pretty recessive traits for all or most of the 9 traits.

Thank you
Kate Smile
09-04-2022, 09:46 PM
(09-04-2022 09:23 PM)KateRenaissance Resident Wrote:  Thank you for your reply. Could you tell me what *recessive traits* means? I am still a bit confused as to how this all happens. Thank you from Kate.

Here are two old docs that talk about Traits and the dominance/recessive stuff. Reading these will give you a starting point.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jbE-...pmIsc/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12J_D...vSRJk/edit

And here is the current Dominance chart. It is an spreadsheet containing multiple tabs showing the various traits listed in order of most dominant to most recessive.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=696392737

Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
09-05-2022, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2022 10:43 PM by ShannonSpoonhunter Resident.)
(09-04-2022 09:23 PM)KateRenaissance Resident Wrote:  Thank you for your reply. Could you tell me what *recessive traits* means? I am still a bit confused as to how this all happens. Thank you from Kate.

Here is the KittyCats manual that explains breeding. https://kittycats.ws/manual/article.php?id=60

The concepts of breeding are very simple. For each body part (fur, eye color, eye shape, eye size, whisker color, whisker shape, ear shape, tail shape, shade), a cat has two traits in their genes. Whichever of the two is more dominant is the one you can see; the other is hidden. When cats breed, each parent passes one of their two traits to their offspring -- which of the two they pass is random, but it will always be one of the two traits they HAVE, not some new thing. The kitten inherits one trait from each parent, and whichever trait is more dominant is the one you can see, while the more recessive one is hidden. That's it. That's the whole process.

Trait dominance order is static and doesn't change -- new traits get introduced with new collections, and those new traits fit in somewhere on the existing dominance range. KittyCats doesn't tell us what the dominance order of traits is, so the community figures it out via proofs over time, and keeps track of it in a big chart that you can consult for your own breeding projects (linked in a previous post in this thread).
 Thanks given by: LittleMe Jewell

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)