Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Ears Odyssey Vampire
10-04-2022, 02:25 PM
RE: New Ears Odyssey Vampire
Odyssey Vampire is dominant to Odyssey Rounded Boo Boo

Found it when perving a pedigree for an auction. Kagen (Dad) is the cat where Odyssey Rounded Boo Boo was pulled from behind the Odyssey Vampire.

[Image: c03e54bde54fd72fd8097b4c4a01a300.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Songdog Woolley , LittleMe Jewell
10-06-2022, 08:18 AM
Thank you Kat.
The place to look on this pedigree is not at the baby who is featured but further up on the dad's side. Needa (grandma Ody Vampire) boinked with Lalla (grandpa Tigerfold) and the Tigerfold pulls the hidden ear out which is the Ody Rounded Boo Boo.

This is great, almost placed. I have an Ody Boo Boo test running.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , LittleMe Jewell , Bea Shamrock
12-03-2022, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2022 11:58 AM by Polina Corvinus.)
I am 99.9% sure that my test has proven that Odyssey Vampire dominates Odyssey Boo Boo.

Two weeks ago I popped a boy with I believe to be pure Ody Boo Boo ears and bonked him with one of my ChimBGs with OdyVamp known to be hiding Tufted.

The Boy, Chapman:    

The Girl, Azula:    

The Sprog:    

As I said I am 99.9% that this places Odyssey Vampire above Odyssey Boo Boo and that the ear is now placed. However, I would like both Arwen and Ivy to go over this to confirm it.

Polina.
 Thanks given by: LittleMe Jewell
12-03-2022, 12:04 PM
It looks like there is a chance that one of Chapman's parents hides something lower than Odyssey Boo Boo, passed from dad Harvey. So Chapman might be pure, but might also hide something lower than Odyssey Boo Boo, that he then passed on to the new kitty. If I'm reading the pedigrees correctly.

Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Polina Corvinus , Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner
12-04-2022, 09:23 AM
(12-03-2022 12:04 PM)LittleMe Jewell Wrote:  It looks like there is a chance that one of Chapman's parents hides something lower than Odyssey Boo Boo, passed from dad Harvey. So Chapman might be pure, but might also hide something lower than Odyssey Boo Boo, that he then passed on to the new kitty. If I'm reading the pedigrees correctly.

This is why I want Ivy or Arwen to double check my work, because I am pretty sure I have got it right but not 100%
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner
12-08-2022, 02:20 AM
if I am correct then once I have a breeding pair of Bengal Copper showing Odyssey Vampire I should sibling bonk them and see if I pull Odyssey Boo Boo back out. Even if something more recessive is hiding in one of them the fact that Odyssey Boo Boo still appears from under Odyssey Vampire will settle the matter.

I will do that as soon as I have a suitable female.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
01-01-2023, 07:29 AM
I have final proof that Odyssey Vampire is dominant to Odyssey Boo Boo.

I bred a cat sporting Odyssey Vampire with another sporting Odyssey Boo Boo, and took a boy showing Odyssey Vampire. Ivy Norsk bred another cat with one parent Odyssey Vampire the other Odyssey Boo Boo. Again, her girl shows Odyssey Vampire. She sent me that girl and I popped it with my boy and partnered them.

Second breeding they produced a cat with OdyBooBoo ears from under OdyVamp. Ergo, Odyvamp dominates OdyBooBoo and is placed there.

Here's the Pedigree:

Now I am waiting for someone to get back to me about a cat showing Big Vampire and after breeding me some more of those I will start messing with a spare against something suspected to be recessive.
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , LittleMe Jewell , Eleanor8 Resident , Barry Ballyhoo , Kayla Woodrunner
01-25-2023, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2023 09:02 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Looks like Pol's last proof places it between foxie and odyssey boo boo

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: xSarahx Starlight

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)