Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

A Thought on Retiring of Furs
05-08-2012, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 12:39 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: A Thought on Retiring of Furs
(05-08-2012 12:11 PM)Khea Karas Wrote:  At the same time, Penfold does make a good point about getting into long winded arguments hehe, as not all of us will agree.

Lolz I can totally picture this perhaps it is best indeed if KC decides these matters Big Grin
Though voting would be fun as well Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 07:29 AM
I think the voting would be fun!! Though if set up correctly like they do with
the suggestions for what the cats say, I dont see how there could be arguments.
After all, suggestions are made and then voted on. Just because someone makes
a suggestion to retire a fur you dont wish to have retired doesnt mean its going to
happen. So why argue?
 Thanks given by: Spazzy Hurricane
05-11-2012, 10:01 AM
As a scientist, I'd prefer to leave the choice of which traits to retire to some analytical function. My first concern would be ensuring there are sufficient specimens in the game that there is a reasonable chance the trait would continue without the aid of additional genes injected from starters. My additional concern would be that the set of genes handed out by starters not become so large that the odds of 'that new, special, highly prized trait' being discovered become too low.

That said, there is probably a number of candidates which would meet the analytical criteria and retiring all at once would probably cause problems as well. So putting _those_ candidates up for a vote would be an excellent tool allowing players to feel more involved in the evolution of the game. I'd simply make it clear that what is being voted on is _not_ whether the set _should_ be retired: simply the order and timing of their retirement.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
05-11-2012, 03:23 PM
(05-11-2012 10:01 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  My additional concern would be that the set of genes handed out by starters not become so large that the odds of 'that new, special, highly prized trait' being discovered become too low.
This.

Heart Coriander Co-Op, our cute little store at Too Adorable! Heart
05-11-2012, 10:50 PM
I would like to leave it to the company, because most of us will be biased, like if I'm breeding much of a trait and vote for it to be retired, either because I have it already so I'm snot worried about getting it later or because I want to sell it better, I know not everyone will think like this but at least some will. And the use of alts to vote will make it worse.

Plus not everyone is checking the forums much so only the ones active in the forums will have a say in what will be retired, sounds unfair to me although I check it daily but I think of others who don't.

The reactions of the kitties when you name or partner them is completely different issue because it is not affecting the market at all.

I love Bengal Snows and I was happy to hear they retired because I liked that they are more valuable now.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables
05-12-2012, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2012 07:25 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
More valuable? Perhaps. But at times they seem like weeds .. popping up all through our breeding program because Charm loves 'em and we over-used them. "Oh darn, ANOTHER Bengal Snow!" drifts across the room daily.

Sell the best and menagerie the rest!

Oh!

* Tad Carlucci rushes off to make a new T-shirt for Charm's shop.

Ya know something .. it's HARD finding an ugly cat!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-31-2012, 11:37 AM
I agree with Chelle .. why argue? As with any vote, there is a chance youre may, or may not be one of the "winning" votes! And also, you dont have a right to complain (argue) if you dont vote. Dont vote and be completely surprised, like the Snows, or vote and have some say .. whether it goes your way or not! Its just a suggestion, doesntmean KittyCats will go for it anyway!

having said that ... Excellent suggestion Chelle!
06-04-2012, 07:11 PM
The vote could be fun. We could have campaign signs. Save the Snows!

[Image: 32190964281_d1fcb86ebb.jpg]
06-05-2012, 06:49 AM
(06-04-2012 07:11 PM)Draco Nacht Wrote:  The vote could be fun. We could have campaign signs. Save the Snows!

ROFL I love our community so bad Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)