Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

prismatic eye question
07-25-2021, 06:28 AM
Lightbulb prismatic eye question
Hi everyone. I do apologize if this was previously answered.
Is there any information on the Prismatic eye showing Soul Whisper?
Id really like to read more about it, I have two sets of cats with the Prismatic eye having Soul Whisper babies and I'd like to be confident in their pairing.

Thank you! (=

⍣ ೋAtchy・❥・

Macavity’s a Mystery Cat: he’s called the Hidden Paw—
For he’s the master criminal who can defy the Law.
He’s the bafflement of Scotland Yard, the Flying Squad’s despair:
For when they reach the scene of crime—Macavity’s not there!
T. S. Eliot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2021, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2021 09:48 AM by ShannonSpoonhunter Resident.)
RE: prismatic eye question
(07-25-2021 06:28 AM)Atchy Littlepaws Wrote:  Hi everyone. I do apologize if this was previously answered.
Is there any information on the Prismatic eye showing Soul Whisper?
Id really like to read more about it, I have two sets of cats with the Prismatic eye having Soul Whisper babies and I'd like to be confident in their pairing.

Thank you! (=

If you look at the chart below, Prismatic is dominant to Soul Whisper. (Prismatic is line 129, Soul Whisper is line 165. The specific numbers don't matter, other than that the chart is in order from most dominant to least)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=393192004

Remember, a kitten receives one trait from each parent. Also remember, on every breeding, each parent can pass on their shown OR their hidden trait. If both parents are showing Prismatic, and they have a kitten that is showing something more recessive (such as Soul Whisper) it means that, on that particular breeding, both parents passed their hidden trait instead of their shown.

This is how all breeding works, and isn't specific to a particular eye color. The chart above is an excellent reference for showing you where traits fall in order of dominance, and the "How Traits Are Passed" section of the manual here: https://kittycats.ws/manual/article.php?id=60 has a good refresher on how it works.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Atchy Littlepaws
07-25-2021, 12:26 PM
RE: prismatic eye question
One parent is exactly "Prismatic hiding Soul Whisper" and the other is "Prismatic hiding Soul Whisper, or better".

The exception is when it can be shown that there is no "better" possible. Obviously, this is the case when Soul Whisper is known the be the (current) most-recessive. It can also be the case if it can be afirmatively shown that nothing more recessive than Soul Whisper can possibly exist in either parent's lineage.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Atchy Littlepaws

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)