Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Don't underestimate the value of your kitties
07-09-2021, 06:02 PM
Don't underestimate the value of your kitties
It is really hard to figure out prices for our kitties. But one persons "eh" is another persons OMG!

Example, Au Naturals have dropped way down in price, but the fur is still beautiful and something I want to play with. But I didn't want one with a lot of traits that will pop out and over shadow what I want to put on them.

So I searched and searched for one that just had a lot of gen traits. (which I'm sure I will rip my hair out over lol) I found one for under 100L So I sent what I had left to the seller because this kitty is worth so much more to me.

I can't remember the exact amount but someone once figured it cost like 100L to make a box. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong I search high and low for 50L boxes because I really want a Giraffe, but don't sell yourself or your kitties short. Smile

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2021, 06:33 PM
RE: Don't underestimate the value of your kitties
omg sounds like u really got a bargain lol what the name of seller i want one lol
07-09-2021, 07:53 PM
The rule of thumb - which we don't mention on the main chat because talking prices is forbidden - is that a box costs about 150L in kibble to produce. I haven't done the calculations in years but the price of kibble hasn't changed. That doesn't include trying to get back any investment in the price of the parents if they were purchased.
So any box priced less than 150L is being sold at a loss.
Certainly people do it to clean out their catteries, but it is never a sustainable price at which to sell cats.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Beryl Landar , Arwen Swordthain
07-09-2021, 09:14 PM
(07-09-2021 07:53 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  The rule of thumb - which we don't mention on the main chat because talking prices is forbidden - is that a box costs about 150L in kibble to produce. I haven't done the calculations in years but the price of kibble hasn't changed. That doesn't include trying to get back any investment in the price of the parents if they were purchased.
So any box priced less than 150L is being sold at a loss.
Certainly people do it to clean out their catteries, but it is never a sustainable price at which to sell cats.

And the price of milk if you use it, and if you breed in game, the price of land. And the weekly rent for a shop. It adds up.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Beryl Landar , Arwen Swordthain
07-11-2021, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2021 01:50 PM by Arwen Swordthain.)
Heres a copy of the calculation I did for a friend a few years ago. Kept the notecard I dropped her.

based on 120 days of feeding and milk
each last 28 days
so
120/28 = 4.3 rounded up so 8.6 per pair
8.6 x 170 = 1462L$
8.6 x 140 = 1204L$

this ignores the fact kittens don't drink milk for the first 7 days taking that into account milk costs are
113/28 = 4.06
8.12 x 140 = 1137L$

total cost to feed and give milk for 120 days = 2599L$ per pair.
that number divide by the number of boxes gives the cost per kitty but does not take into account any time spent

so 2599/16 = 162.44L$
2599/14 = 185.62L$

no milk means
1462/14 = 104.42L$

plus time for spending 30 minutes each day cuddling.

And as stated by Devilness and Ivy that doesn't include any other costs involved in breeding so realistically since you will never sell every box produced the cost per box actually sold will be much higher to cover the cost of boxes unsold.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Beryl Landar , Eurydice Barzane

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)