Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

new whisker snappy lite woot
02-27-2021, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2021 07:57 PM by Jess90120 Resident.)
new whisker snappy lite woot
LOVE pEngUinS! - Fancy CarpOpen Notes
Fur: Genesis - Patch II
Eyes: Exotic Seas (Curious|Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Snappy Lite)
Size: Normal
[Image: 555a1e0d46933ffe22972c0f88b1999a]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Priestess Firanelli , Ivy Norsk , Jolita Korobase , Flair Daxeline , Eleanor8 Resident , Jelly Supply , Arwen Swordthain , Morgan Trevellion , Marmotaisla Resident , Barry Ballyhoo , Diego Savagard
02-27-2021, 05:04 PM
RE: new whisker woot
Congrats on the Snappy Lite discovery jess
02-27-2021, 05:44 PM
RE: new whisker woot
(02-27-2021 05:04 PM)Revan Salamander Wrote:  Congrats on the Snappy Lite discovery jess

wow congrats on the snappy lite
02-28-2021, 02:06 AM
RE: new whisker snappy lite woot
congrats on Snappy Lite
02-28-2021, 11:41 AM
Congrats on the discovery of the new whisker.

Heart Eleanor
03-13-2021, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2021 10:50 PM by Jess90120 Resident.)
[Image: 201f7f9fb7d761cdf59bb15189c1a135.png]
 Thanks given by: AstridSolace Resident , Eleanor8 Resident
03-13-2021, 10:39 PM
Wellllllllll would you look at that....
It's been years...
Thank you Jess.

[Image: 201f7f9fb7d761cdf59bb15189c1a135.png]

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Eleanor8 Resident
03-13-2021, 10:52 PM
Dang Mitsuru, you're right.
Gosh :/
I was so thrilled.

03-14-2021, 02:57 AM
I guess I wasn't right and I am done trying to help.
03-14-2021, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2021 12:16 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
Wait, there's been a post of Mitsuru's analysis deleted from here.

---------------------

I have IM'd with Jess, Mitsuru, and also Eleanor. And people are seeing Jess's pedigree in different ways. The issue of course is whether Snappy Lite is our New Most Recessive. Most recessives can be very tricky. The very fact that we have very skilled breeders poking at these pedigrees and saying "YES" and "No.. wait" and "Shit" and "But this..." is a testament to the fact that these things can be tricky.

I'm going to have to do up a very in-depth analysis for posting, but it's going to take me awhile.
For right now I'd like to say a few things:

1) Part of the definition of a proof is that it is Unambiguous. If you can interpret a pedigree more than one way, then you need more information to whittle the options down to ONE. Upon consideration, I believe that what Jess presented is ambiguous and we need more information.

2) The fact that we need more information does not rule out that Snappy Lite may be our new Most Recessive. We just haven't gotten there yet. And it may never happen: it might Not be the most recessive. We don't know yet.

3) Our forum-based dominance charts are done in Public for a reason: so that everyone in the community can participate in the process and point out errors in reasoning so that Everybody can have complete faith in the integrity of the charts. Mitsuru made a safety catch for the whole community and I immediately IM'd her and told her that I was grateful that she had done it. This process should be kept neutral and fact-based. I know feelings are involved. You can see mine up above: I was elated at the idea that we were looking at a New Most Recessive whisker. But feelings of this nature must never come before accuracy. Being happy and wrong doesn't cut it. As in all things, we must deal with each other with civility, understanding that it really is for the common good.

Okay that sounds all really pompous, but it's all just forward march. Keep an eye on the Snappy Lite. Be kind to your fellow breeders. Enjoy the kitties.

Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , KashKave Resident , MitsuruKirijo06 Resident , Eleanor8 Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)