Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

[Retired] What does it (Really) mean?
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2012 07:49 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: [Retired] What does it (Really) mean?
(04-27-2012 05:09 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  I agree with the need for better term. The only reason I use Retired and Limited Edition in my comments is I'm trying to look at it from the company's point of view. On the web site, they list the once-in-starters-but-no-longer as Retired and don't mark what I'd call Limited Edition. The problem is once "retired" entered the vernacular, it started being applied to any trait no longer available, including those which were only in limited release: hence my term Limited Edition. You're correct, though, what we really need is a set of terms which more accurately describe it from the customer's point of view.

Ah I understand you would like a distinction between for example retired Gerbera eyes and porcelain shade related the the Easter 2011 Ltd and for example the recently retired mocha eyes?
If this is what you mean I can see your point in this and I agree if at all possible the term for specific and exclusive related traits to a certain Ltd should preferable have a different term.
But honestly I can't think of a word Smile
Retired Special Trait - ReST

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Again i hope this helps clarify, "retired' ONLY applies to normal traits which were available in our starters OR our Limited Edition Collections.

Our "collections" or "special cats" have always been limited Editions whether they carry passable traits, i.e., The Gerbera Eyes or not.

So, if a collection does contain a special trait, as with the Lazy Dayzies having the "gerbera eyes" this is NOT anything we consider to call retired as it was never in a starter, so, there is no need to "retire" it.

Our collection cats, are the same as a starter (with a costume) unless we specify otherwise that their traits can pass. If that is the case, we let you know AND those are only available for purchase from us during the time period the Collection is sold. Smile

I really hope that helps clarify. On our "collections" page you can see which feature we put into each Collection as each time we do them a little differently.

Thanks and again I hope this helps clarify.
04-28-2012, 07:41 AM
(04-27-2012 08:58 PM)Callie Cline Wrote:  Again i hope this helps clarify, "retired' ONLY applies to normal traits which were available in our starters OR our Limited Edition Collections.

Our "collections" or "special cats" have always been limited Editions whether they carry passable traits, i.e., The Gerbera Eyes or not.

So, if a collection does contain a special trait, as with the Lazy Dayzies having the "gerbera eyes" this is NOT anything we consider to call retired as it was never in a starter, so, there is no need to "retire" it.

Our collection cats, are the same as a starter (with a costume) unless we specify otherwise that their traits can pass. If that is the case, we let you know AND those are only available for purchase from us during the time period the Collection is sold. Smile

I really hope that helps clarify. On our "collections" page you can see which feature we put into each Collection as each time we do them a little differently.

Thanks and again I hope this helps clarify.

Thanks Callie, yes this only makes sense I wonder how this confussion appeared because to me it was always clear I think LOL

Retro Kitties Showroom »

04-28-2012, 08:18 AM
I don't think the problem is with those who've been around a while: it's those new to Kittycats. The question really isn't how the company thinks about it: they've been very consistent. The only quibble I'd make about the official presentation is that one has to dig around on the web site to find out, there is no clear definition of what is meant by 'retired', and when you get to the collections pages, you get phrases like "may not" leaving the door open to "may have" when it comes to whether a given trait was available in generic starters.

That said, yes, it seems to me there is a huge difference between a not-currently-available-in-starters Russian White and a never-available-in-starters Porcelain shade. In the former case thousands, possibly even tens of thousands, of samples of the gene were handed out; in the later, thousands may also, but probably fewer. In the former case, availability was on the order of months, even years; in the later, it's weeks, maybe a month or two. So, it's mainly a plea for clarity, and mainly to help those new to the game.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2012, 08:29 AM
It seems it is up to us sellers to find a good term for these traits related to Ltd's.
Because the official website is clear about it.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)