Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Re-Considering Genesis Traits Again
12-20-2020, 09:40 PM
RE: Re-Considering Genesis Traits Again
I just wanted to chime in and say, to me all the cats are lovely. Genesis furs and eyes are just a cute as all the rest. I was really pleased to see some original Genesis cats displayed at the Winter Wonderland, and I think they are all amazing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Beryl Landar
12-24-2020, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2020 04:24 AM by Coverboytoy Resident.)
I have been working on a lot of projects with gen furs and eyes (mainly the furs). When you work with multiple gen projects, I have to admit it is nice to have the gen furs and eyes segregated with their own tab because it's easier to view visually. Would I mind that they be consolidated? I wouldn't mind but I do have some pros and cons about it.

Pros: You will see everything in its entirety
Cons: It can become information overload

However, I do like the current style where the gen traits were added to the top of the list. Then I think it probably wouldn't hurt to add all of them in there, then I think perhaps it might be too much info overload. It really depends on the person's preference. All of us breeders who have been using this chart are so used to it that I feel most of us wouldn't mind the consolidation, but for the newer folks who are starting to breed, I think the segregation of gen traits is helpful to them and is not overwhelming to read.

ςoνєгßⓄץ кєレレץ™ (coverboytoy)
Auctioneer Tongue
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137812323@N05/
01-13-2021, 09:08 AM
So after reading everything people had to say Ivy and I discussed a few changes to the charts and how they are set up and coloured etc. We are going to start by adding the Genesis Traits for Fur and Eyes to the top of the main pages, however for ease of searching in individual generations we intend to leave the Genesis pages as they are with their generational colour coding, on the main page we will integrate with the existing retired. limited, current colour system to avoid confusion on those pages.
There will be other changes to come as and when we have time to get them done so don't be alarmed if you see changes occuring over the next few weeks. As always we are both open to suggestions for improvement either here or hit one of us up inworld.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Tad Carlucci , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Flair Daxeline , Eurydice Barzane
01-27-2021, 01:43 PM
I've put in some color-blocking to indicate chart position for the Furs and the Eyes. This should help with differentiating the chart into sections visually and will give a bit more clarity to how we talk about the positions of certain traits.
I divided the chart into 5 20% regions for Very Dom, Dom, MidRange, Rec, and Very Rec.
I then took the very top 5 and the very bottom 5 of the VeryDom and VeryRec sections and labeled those as Ultra - either UltraDom or UltraRec. So the Ultras are subsections of their 20% rather than additions to it.

These blocks will of course shift around a bit as furs/eyes are placed within the categories, so the edges of these blocks are kind of "floating" rather than absolute. Pretty much all of the unplaced traits (all?) are on the Mid to Rec end of the charts so most shifting of borders will tend to push traits and trait blocks upwards.

We're still going to change colors. I don't know what to yet.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , LittleMe Jewell , Songdog Woolley , Beryl Landar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)