Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

local chat question
07-14-2020, 10:55 AM
local chat question
I'm sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't find it, not even in the manual. Got a question, in local chat my cat will talk to me. This is obvious, but can the pre-made chats be edited? My cat is female, and the pre-made chats refer to her as a he or him. I know you can add your own text, but wanted to edit that to reflect the proper gender if at all possible. its not a big deal, but if possible, please let me know. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: local chat question
Hi there! The premade chat can not be edited, I can not recall any off the top of my head though that refer to the cat as a he or him. I do recall the use of 'I, Me or them/they' though. It could be that it was a custom sentence put in by a previous owner, which if you add in a new sentence it will over ride the previous one Smile

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens
07-15-2020, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2020 10:42 AM by malcolmmerlyn1 Resident.)
(07-14-2020 08:29 PM)FoxieCat Resident Wrote:  Hi there! The premade chat can not be edited, I can not recall any off the top of my head though that refer to the cat as a he or him. I do recall the use of 'I, Me or them/they' though. It could be that it was a custom sentence put in by a previous owner, which if you add in a new sentence it will over ride the previous one Smile

thank you for the reply, one of the sayings referring to mis-gender says "looks up at you wondering if you notice how cute he is". my cat is a girl, so I am sure you can understand the confusion about this. It is preset in the cat, as I bought her as an unboxed kitten and it has not gotten any outside source text added. Anyway, I was afraid of that, cannot be modified. Thank you again, I guess I will just have to ignore it. I just wish there was a way to change it either via update or another method.
07-15-2020, 02:50 PM
Ah, I hadn't seen that one in a bit and couldn't recall it. I will have to keep an eye out for it and mention it to our team. Thanks for asking about it!

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens
08-16-2020, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2020 07:44 PM by Shamu077 Resident.)
Gender is correct in my cats for that phrase:

[2020/03/31 01:53:08] KittyCats - Juli: /me looks up at you wondering if you notice how cute she is.

[2020/03/23 21:27:00] KittyCats - Ford 7T: /me looks up at you wondering if you notice how cute he is.

[2020/03/15 12:47:32] KittyCats - Antonio: /me looks up at you wondering if you notice how cute he is.

Maybe the OP cats need an update - Antonio is 2889 days old, Juli ( a girl tiger) is 774 days old, both v 1.67, although I have seen the correct gender in cats from local chat back in 2013.

I suspect the OP's girl is really a boy. You cannot tell the gender by the name - I have many girls with boy's names, and boys with girl's names, from the random KC name giver.
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Maxwell Grantly , Arwen Swordthain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)