Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Confetti cats give birth to kittens not confetti
10-27-2020, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2020 10:38 AM by Ziztu Resident.)
Confetti cats give birth to kittens not confetti
Hello)
I have 2 confetti cats. They have already given birth to 3 kittens and all kittens are not confetti. This is very unfair. Why is there such a large percentage of unwanted kittens? How can I change this? Help please.

ThanksAngel

P.s It's a couple of confetti.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2020, 12:57 PM
RE: Confetti cats give birth to kittens not confetti
Confetti is a separate game than regular cat breeding and does not follow the same rules. It is - by design - a more difficult, test your patience kind of game. Your experience with confettis not producing confetti kittens is absolutely ordinary when playing the confetti game. The very short answer as to why this happens is because, unlike with regular kitty cats who have a shown and a hidden fur - Confettis have 4 furs: shown confetti fur, hidden confetti fur, a genesis fur, and a hidden traited fur.

There is a thread about breeding them here.

One of the most apt posts in that thread is by Tad Carlucci. As that thread is quite old, and you may not wish to wade through it, I shall quote it at length.

Tad Wrote:In response to an earlier comment:

There is no "technique" to breeding Confett, per se. Simply put a male Confetti with a female Confetti and hope you get a Confetti offspring. Whether or not you get a Confetti offspring is completely random. There is nothing you can do which can change or effect the odds.

Given two Confetti, and the presumption you will, eventually, obtain a Confetti offspring, the techniques and skills for discovery values, reproduction of values, and such, are identical to normal furs. Thus, if you have two Orange Confetti, one male and one female, you can reasonably assume any Confetti offspring will also be Orange (or, if not, something more recessive to Orange).
To me the most important question is the odds of a Confetti offspring appearing AT ALL.

At present, I'm still holding to my estimate of 1-in-10 odds. I will admit, however, that I am beginning to consider the odds may be slightly better than that, perhaps 1-in-8.

This lead me to consider what these odds mean, with respect to the general population of Confetti cats. By that, I mean what effect can we expect the odds to have on the total population.

For this, I simplified my model. I presume that gender distribution is always exactly even (it won't be, but it should be generally very close). I also ignored the effect of 'boosts' such as cuddling, milk, and vitamins.

So, the question I asked was, ignoring those effects, what odds are REQUIRED to maintain a steady population?

The answer? 2-in-11 (that is, 1-in-5.5)

This means, if the odds are, as I currently feel, 1-in-10, or even 1-in-8, we MUST EXPECT that, without a constant stream of Confetti Starters, the total population of Confetti cats MUST STEADILY SHRINK. This rate is not exceedingly fast, but it is there. At 1-in-10 odds an initial population of 10,000 Confetti would completely disappear (that is, no longer be able to breed) in around 4 years; at 1-in-8 it would last about 6.5 years. At 1-in-5.5 the population would be expected to remain stable at 10,000 breeding parents.
As I have said before, another effect we can expect from breeding Confetti cats is the clear on-set of genetic drift.

At the time, I was mainly concerned with the effect upon the underlying non-Confetti furs (that is, those appearing on 9-of-10 of the offspring from Confetti pairs).

As it turns out, examining the results of breeding Confetti, over time, there is clear indication of genetic drift with the Confetti furs, themselves.

While, given the proper parents, one CAN counter these effects, I judge it extremely unlikely the average breeder has the required stock. For example, one might have ONE Orange, but seems unlikely, without active trading, that one would have TWO. And, if one did, it seems likely that tends to deny others a similar ability for quite some time.

What I am seeing is that breeders must, in general, choose a pair with mis-matched Confetti furs and, when this occurs, we can expect the outcome to, on average, favor replication of the more-dominant furs.

This means, not only should we expect the population to shrink, over time, but we must also expect any advances and discoveries to disappear. In my simplistic model of 10,000 parents, I would expect that that last breeding pair, in 4 years, would both be White, as would their sole (unbreedable, for lack of any mate) offspring.
Therefore, I propose the following 'technique' as guidance for those wishing to breed Confetti cats:

1) Commit to having AT LEAST TWO PAIRS. If you have only one pair, you run the risk of having NO Confetti offspring, at all. With two pairs, by the time they age out, you should (on average, remember, it's random, so there is NO guarantee) have one pair (which, of course, might be the same gender).

2) Commit to sending ALL non-Confetti offspring to the Menagerie.

3) Breed non-Confetti as Menagerie-fodder. The 18 or so boxes you'll obtain breeding your two pairs will not be sufficient to obtain a replacement pair. Of course, some of the non-Confetti offspring will be 'good enough' you will not want to Menagerie them, and will need to be replaced from non-Confetti stock.

4) Obviously, to continue breeding Confetti, you will need to obtain fresh stock. Since the population will be shrinking, this means you'll most-likely need to resort to obtaining Confetti Starters. For that, you will need the Menagerie-fodder from (2) and (3).

5) EXPECT FAILURE. While, on average, for a given pair, breed to their maximum age, you should see a Confetti offspring, you should expect some pairs will never produce and offspring.

6) ENJOY WHAT SUCCESS YOU CAN. Sure, you HOPE that you'll see anything other than White. But, things being the way they are, do not allow your disappointment at YAWC (Yet Another White Confetti) to overshadow the joy at seeing ANY Confetti, at all.
In closing, I want to say that I'm becoming concerned that the poor results and unreal expectations of Confetti breeder are having a negative effect upon the general KittyCatS program. I'm seeing signs of people letting their utter disappointment in the performance of Confetti shade their feelings about KittyCatS, in general, and giving up all breeding when, if they had never gotten into Confetti at all, I'm thinking they would have continued to enjoy KittyCatS for quite some time longer.

My case-in-point, here, is exemplified by Charm who, even though she finally received a Confetti offspring, has re-committed herself to breeding 'normal' cats and has found that the increasingly negative feelings she had toward KittyCatS, in general, quickly disappearing.

I bred two generations of confetti and then quit.
Others have persisted and perhaps they have more current information to give.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Ziztu Resident , Mirsoul Resident
10-27-2020, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2020 09:52 AM by Morgan Trevellion.)
I had one Confetti pair that i bred for 120 days and not one confetti out of all of them (corrected)
10-27-2020, 01:33 PM
Well you do have to have 2. Confetti is a separate game and only confettis bred with confettis even CAN produce a confetti.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Ziztu Resident
10-27-2020, 05:32 PM
Ah, those darned confetti cats! lol Perhaps I should get mine out and dust them off, if for no other reason than to help keep the confetti population alive. Sadly, I have only orange and purple, but, hey, they ARE confettis. lol
 Thanks given by: Ziztu Resident
10-27-2020, 07:50 PM
Hi there,

Ivy touched base very well on why Confetti cats are more difficult to breed.
The most valuable info about confetti cats is that each breeding have a chance at being a confetti or a 'normal' fur.
"unlike with regular kitty cats who have a shown and a hidden fur - Confettis have 4 furs: shown confetti fur, hidden confetti fur, a genesis fur, and a hidden traited fur. "

I will add, that if you ever have a confetti pair that does not produce you at least 2 confetti offspring by the time they reach 115 days old, then please file a support ticket and let us know. Smile

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens
 Thanks given by: Ziztu Resident , AstridSolace Resident , Cyanide Littlepaws
10-28-2020, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2020 10:18 AM by Ziztu Resident.)
(10-27-2020 12:57 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Confetti is a separate game than regular cat breeding and does not follow the same rules. It is - by design - a more difficult, test your patience kind of game. Your experience with confettis not producing confetti kittens is absolutely ordinary when playing the confetti game. The very short answer as to why this happens is because, unlike with regular kitty cats who have a shown and a hidden fur - Confettis have 4 furs: shown confetti fur, hidden confetti fur, a genesis fur, and a hidden traited fur.

There is a thread about breeding them here.

One of the most apt posts in that thread is by Tad Carlucci. As that thread is quite old, and you may not wish to wade through it, I shall quote it at length.

[quote='Tad']In response to an earlier comment:

There is no "technique" to breeding Confett, per se. Simply put a male Confetti with a female Confetti and hope you get a Confetti offspring. Whether or not you get a Confetti offspring is completely random. There is nothing you can do which can change or effect the odds.

Given two Confetti, and the presumption you will, eventually, obtain a Confetti offspring, the techniques and skills for discovery values, reproduction of values, and such, are identical to normal furs. ,,,,,,

Thank you so much for such valuable information. I will wait and hope) I have confetti cats of different colors. So the probability may be higher.
(10-27-2020 07:50 PM)FoxieCat Resident Wrote:  Hi there,

Ivy touched base very well on why Confetti cats are more difficult to breed.
The most valuable info about confetti cats is that each breeding have a chance at being a confetti or a 'normal' fur.
"unlike with regular kitty cats who have a shown and a hidden fur - Confettis have 4 furs: shown confetti fur, hidden confetti fur, a genesis fur, and a hidden traited fur. "

I will add, that if you ever have a confetti pair that does not produce you at least 2 confetti offspring by the time they reach 115 days old, then please file a support ticket and let us know. Smile

Thank you very much^^
(10-27-2020 01:28 PM)Morgan Trevellion Wrote:  I had one Confetti pair that i bred for 120 days and not one confetti out of all of them (corrected)

I wish you good luck in breedingSmile)
10-29-2020, 11:48 AM
Smile RE: Confetti cats give birth to kittens not confetti
Hello everyone I have been breeding cats "CANDY" for some time, but this is a very expensive occupation, since they are expensive and spend more on their breeding, as their sales have come to naught. I think that developers should change something in the breeding of this breed so that it becomes interesting for players. For example, make some special features that only this breed transmits. It was also possible to diversify the breed itself-the Royal candy (only megapus), the candy Twins-Yin and Yang, a special function-the cat dance, and so on .Heart
10-30-2020, 11:46 PM
(10-29-2020 11:48 AM)EvaLieLo Resident Wrote:  Hello everyone I have been breeding cats "CANDY" for some time, but this is a very expensive occupation, since they are expensive and spend more on their breeding, as their sales have come to naught. I think that developers should change something in the breeding of this breed so that it becomes interesting for players. For example, make some special features that only this breed transmits. It was also possible to diversify the breed itself-the Royal candy (only megapus), the candy Twins-Yin and Yang, a special function-the cat dance, and so on .Heart

Oh yeah. It would be great

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)