Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Fur - Chimera - Black Grey
07-04-2020, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2020 12:54 PM by Hollie1 Resident.)
New Fur - Chimera - Black Grey
My mom's cat birthed a new fur almost a month ago, and she didn't notice!

http://https://gyazo.com/a9d1a96de083468...0b91128fbb
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Eleanor8 Resident , Jelly Supply
07-04-2020, 12:51 PM
RE: New Fur - Chimera - Black Grey
I can’t see that link. We need a gyazo. But this fur was rumored to exist ever since the Foolin cats when it was seen on a costume cat. I know Eleanor had a picture of that cat.
Congratulations to your Mom (what is her name?)
Please we would love to have a picture and a pedigree.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
07-04-2020, 12:54 PM
(07-04-2020 12:51 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  I can’t see that link. We need a gyazo. But this fur was rumored to exist ever since the Foolin cats when it was seen on a costume cat. I know Eleanor had a picture of that cat.
Congratulations to your Mom (what is her name?)
Please we would love to have a picture and a pedigree.

It should be fixed now! Smile
07-04-2020, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2020 01:54 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
I've copied the Gyazo and here's the cat:

[Image: 50076673562_2f68f50168_h.jpg]NewBreed-Chimera - Black Grey

Congratulations to JacquelineLove Resident! for discovering not just a new fur but a new breed of cat!
I've taken the 25 days old that the cat is into account and listed the discovery on the history chart as June 9th 2020.
I also see that it's a backbreed and that the cat come out from under a Scottish Shorthair - Blue & White and is recessive to that fur.

Thanks given by: Hollie1 Resident , Eleanor8 Resident , LadyBlackDiamond2013 Resident , Songdog Woolley , channing Flanagan , Ellen Ireland , Dimpz Morane , Natty Primdashian , Mirsoul Resident , Sannctuary Resident , Jelly Supply
07-04-2020, 02:47 PM
congrats on discovering the breed and fur looking forward to more colours of the fur if there is any
 Thanks given by: Sannctuary Resident
07-04-2020, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2020 03:14 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
I've talked to Jackie and she says the GenPearls were purchased as starters from the store. Calculation shows this to have been on April 12th 2020. Which is well after the Love Collection, but who knows if the trait was loaded into Starters separately? It is, of course, after the Foolins and the fur was seen on a Foolin. So the question is.. did this and other new traits get loaded in at the time of the Foolins.

Here's a picture provided by JacquelineLove/ Jackie Corith
[Image: 50076922342_c0746c4273_z.jpg]Chimera - Black Grey

Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane , Ellen Ireland , Eleanor8 Resident , Sannctuary Resident , Jelly Supply
07-05-2020, 01:00 PM
Congrats on the new discovery!

We did not add any new traits at the time of the Foolin' Around Cats, they were able to have any furs/eyes from the system which included collection traits, breedable traits and even ones that were undiscovered yet through breeding.

Traits are added to the starter cats at the time of the collection release. (if new traits are added. Some releases have not come with new traits, like the I love you cats from shop&hop.)

We first saw this breed/fur on Settia's foolin' around cat. She got the head fur as the costume head for her cat.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Ellen Ireland , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Eleanor8 Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Sannctuary Resident , doubledareme Resident , Jelly Supply
07-05-2020, 04:08 PM
Thank you Foxie! I love it when we get official responses. (I don't necessarily expect them. I get that sometimes things can be left as a guessing game.)
Your answer about the Foolins is very clear. It does suggest that this fur *probably* was loaded into the Love Collection and simply unfound.

Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Sannctuary Resident , Jelly Supply
07-11-2020, 05:51 PM
(07-05-2020 04:08 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Thank you Foxie! I love it when we get official responses. (I don't necessarily expect them. I get that sometimes things can be left as a guessing game.)
Your answer about the Foolins is very clear. It does suggest that this fur *probably* was loaded into the Love Collection and simply unfound.

I just noticed that the "official" photo in the breed discovery announcement included the Flowerchild Lucy eye. I wonder if someone has found that and is just sitting on it...
08-16-2020, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2020 02:18 PM by doubledareme Resident.)
(07-04-2020 02:53 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  I've talked to Jackie and she says the GenPearls were purchased as starters from the store. Calculation shows this to have been on April 12th 2020. Which is well after the Love Collection, but who knows if the trait was loaded into Starters separately? It is, of course, after the Foolins and the fur was seen on a Foolin. So the question is.. did this and other new traits get loaded in at the time of the Foolins.

Here's a picture provided by JacquelineLove/ Jackie Corith
[Image: 50076922342_c0746c4273_z.jpg]Chimera - Black Grey

Its lovely!

Oh, and for the answer to when the traits were released, one must consider when it was rezzed inworld. A package can sit in inventory and it is only when it is rezzed inworld that it picks up whatever traits are already in the system. And a store-purchased starter has the same chance at any trait, except limited and special addition, that is in the system at the time it is rezzed inworld.

Congrats!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)