Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Trying to understand breeders prices
06-24-2020, 06:49 AM
Question Trying to understand breeders prices
So I see cats with 9t at 450L but some with 6t at 5k
As a result im a little confused about prices and why they are priced that way
Is it because it's up to the breeder to set the prices they want so they inflate the sh** out of it? Or is there an other reason?

Example:
Click
How much is this kitten worth and Why please?
I'm hoping the answer will help me understand a bit better

Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2020, 07:20 AM
RE: Trying to understand breeders prices
Hi Aquarian,
(The link you posted has expired. You have to post gyazos or some form of screen grab for us to see it.)

The secondary markets for KittyCats are always in a state of flux. This is because Headquarters keeps releasing new traits, and then breeders quickly want to buy those new traits and work them into their cats. When a trait is first released, it may be that only one person on the grid has it - the person who discovered it. Newly discovered traits can easily go for 20K, especially if it's a new fur. I can't see what the cat is that you are asking about, but I'd say that a 6T priced at 5K has something newish on it. It's a matter of supply and demand. Breeders who are pricing cats often check Torgons to do comparison pricing and see what the state of the market is, which changes from week to week. Ultimately prices on new traits drop.

After a trait has gotten spread around so that lots of people have it, then buyers tend to expect a 9T at a lower price like 450L.
Collection cats are limited edition, so those too have higher price tags. And cats with Mega size also run over 2K as a standard price because it's just so rare to get a mega.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: AquarianBeauty Resident , Arwen Swordthain , nekogao Resident
06-24-2020, 07:23 AM
(06-24-2020 07:20 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Hi Aquarian,
(The link you posted has expired. You have to post gyazos or some form of screen grab for us to see it.)

The secondary markets for KittyCats are always in a state of flux. This is because Headquarters keeps releasing new traits, and then breeders quickly want to buy those new traits and work them into their cats. When a trait is first released, it may be that only one person on the grid has it - the person who discovered it. Newly discovered traits can easily go for 20K, especially if it's a new fur. I can't see what the cat is that you are asking about, but I'd say that a 6T priced at 5K has something newish on it. It's a matter of supply and demand. Breeders who are pricing cats often check Torgons to do comparison pricing and see what the state of the market is, which changes from week to week. Ultimately prices on new traits drop.

After a trait has gotten spread around so that lots of people have it, then buyers tend to expect a 9T at a lower price like 450L.
Collection cats are limited edition, so those too have higher price tags. And cats with Mega size also run over 2K as a standard price because it's just so rare to get a mega.

Amazingly informative reply! And sorry for the link, I thought the pedigree stayed there.
Thank you so much, I will honestly sleep less dumb tonight <3

https://gyazo.com/25d97eb892f7f07c0e94b2388802c586

Heart
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
06-27-2020, 08:39 PM
hi aquarian!!!

i'm glad ivy was able to answer your question!!! i had started then the phone rang and alas, here i am! Smile

since ivy did such a good job answering, i will just say, welcome to KittyCatS! and i hope you have FUN!!! i am constantly amazed at the beautiful combinations that people create!!

yes, we do release traits, usually when we do a new collection, and it's just mind blowing to me how people can mix them in ways i never would have imagined!!! what i love about our community is that even older furs and traits will be mixed with each other and the results are truly stunning!

i'm amazed at the patience our community has and one customer wrote me a few months ago and said "i finally did it!! it took 18 months but i did it!!" and then showed me such a beauty... i was not only blown away by her choice of traits to mix, but her PATIENCE!!!

if you have not seen "build a cat" which was made by one of our earliest community members, Tad Carlucci, you may want to take a look at it! i like to call them "dream cats" and i think some in the community calls them that too... here is the link, we have it stickied on this forum so you can refer to it quickly!!! it is a LOT of fun to play with!!

anyway, welcome to our community and i hope you have a lot of fun and meet some cool people, we have the BESTEST community i know of! creative, generous, kind and fun.

https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=6521
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , nekogao Resident
06-28-2020, 02:02 PM
(06-27-2020 08:39 PM)Callie Cline Wrote:  hi aquarian!!!

i'm glad ivy was able to answer your question!!! i had started then the phone rang and alas, here i am! Smile

since ivy did such a good job answering, i will just say, welcome to KittyCatS! and i hope you have FUN!!! i am constantly amazed at the beautiful combinations that people create!!

yes, we do release traits, usually when we do a new collection, and it's just mind blowing to me how people can mix them in ways i never would have imagined!!! what i love about our community is that even older furs and traits will be mixed with each other and the results are truly stunning!

i'm amazed at the patience our community has and one customer wrote me a few months ago and said "i finally did it!! it took 18 months but i did it!!" and then showed me such a beauty... i was not only blown away by her choice of traits to mix, but her PATIENCE!!!

if you have not seen "build a cat" which was made by one of our earliest community members, Tad Carlucci, you may want to take a look at it! i like to call them "dream cats" and i think some in the community calls them that too... here is the link, we have it stickied on this forum so you can refer to it quickly!!! it is a LOT of fun to play with!!

anyway, welcome to our community and i hope you have a lot of fun and meet some cool people, we have the BESTEST community i know of! creative, generous, kind and fun.

https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=6521

How awesome is this little tool haha! Thank you so much for the warm welcome Big Grin

I can't wait to be able to say I DID IT too XD I just love the little buggers <3

Heart

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)