Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Corona Virus - how can we help?
03-25-2020, 08:26 AM
RE: Corona Virus - how can we help?

Not sure if I am doing this right but here goes;

These are scary times but we will get through it. Staying vigilant and using common sense will help so much. Hand washing and it's something so many of us never really gave attention to so it's a new learning. Anything you touch, wash your hands, use soap and water for 30 seconds, they claim 20 but I go for more at 30, be sure to wash under your rings as they can harbor germs. In public, keep your distance and once in your safe zone, wash your hands.

I work a essential job so I am required to go to work. I would prefer not to but it is for the care of an elderly woman. The most vulnerable it seems with this epidemic. Some take on the attitude that the elderly are near the end of life so why help them. I am applauded, this is a human life, regardless!

I pray for everyone's safety and health. Keep using the recommended advice to help contain and eventually stifle this virus.

Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Sannctuary Resident , Callie Cline , CheerfulTeacupCSR Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , FoxieCat Resident , Garance Kidd , AstridSolace Resident , Markham Weatherwax , Evolving Yin
03-25-2020, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2020 12:21 PM by Bumblebliss Resident.)
Hello, everyone. My state is on lock down but nobody is really minding it and it troubles me greatly. I got out of the restaurant business JUST BEFORE the situation arose and took a job in another industry and now we are furloughed. Goodness! I had no special insight - just was tired of the sudden emergencies (people quitting, etc.) that would make me work round the clock with no notice!

how can we support you?

Just reading your post was sufficient enough. I started up with multiple cats but scaled down and I'll continue to scale down as each birth happens. I just have to be smart about where my funds are going and things are getting tight! The enjoyment of seeing them scampering around my home is enough for me, right now.

are you quarantined?

No, not officially. My husband has health issues that we need to manage and so I'm semi-quarantining myself because things can go sideways with him really fast if he catches this. I'm afraid.

what are you doing to pass the time?

I'm making appliers for a Neko avatar for resale and having a blast learning new things.

I'm also trying to teach myself Blender. This is proving to be a maddening endeavor, but I'm actually welcoming the process because I can think of nothing else as I struggle with trying to learn the essentials. LOL!

what new things are you learning?

Blender and texturing.

what new insights are you gaining?

That it is best to stay busy and as productive as you can and try to not let our circumstances get us down. I know many much worse off than me. Having grown up in a painfully poor family, I know what food insecurity means and I know how it feels. I am worried for our homeless population. I used to volunteer at our local community center and bring sandwiches out and around for them, but I'm afraid to go out and be around others now, for fear of hubby getting sick and I have mixed emotions and guilt.

do you want to share a poem, song, photo, anything with us?

Nothing to share... my poems are rubbish! LOL!

please use this space to share your thoughts or anything really!

Second Life is an incredible place to immerse yourself, but try to not let it be your all. Get on the phone with an elderly relative or neighbor, Facetime with your family, reach out because some people might need support and you will feel so much better knowing that you took the time to give some of yourself during this time. There is an old lady down the street who calls when she needs something at the grocery. When I have to go out, I'll get it and drop it at her door - ring twice and run like blazes. There is probably someone like that near you.

we care about you and want you to know we're here for you.

Thank you for that. I'm usually a grumpy soul, but I appreciate this.

thank you for your kindness, love and generosity. you are so important to this community and this world.

and... we're all in this, alone, together.

Yes, we are!

Hugs.
 Thanks given by: Sannctuary Resident , Callie Cline , CheerfulTeacupCSR Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , FoxieCat Resident , Garance Kidd , AstridSolace Resident , Markham Weatherwax
03-25-2020, 04:33 PM
Howdy everyone!

Where I live in Texas just started their "shelter in place" because of the university and I am on the fence about it truly...I really have a need to be at work and help but with my cruddy immune system after chemo and the other lovely issues, I have been stuck working remotely since spring break...I don't have to like it, I just have to deal with it. A majority of my students are international; many hailing from China and India, so I worry about them and their famiies...I have one student who has been in China since Christmas because of COVID-19.

we all try to stay in touch via email and facebook but even sometimes that isn't enough.

Personally, I am not a panicker and I don't understand those that do because this is something we cannot control. We can control our actions for prevention but not a reason to go bananas in a store...there was a story about a guy that pulled a gun because a kid was walking across his yard to go home...luckily no shots, but still that is overboard.

For those that are sick, please get better soon and EVERYONE just stay sane (as much as you can LOL).....lala
 Thanks given by: Callie Cline , CheerfulTeacupCSR Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , FoxieCat Resident , Garance Kidd , AstridSolace Resident , Sannctuary Resident , Markham Weatherwax , Evolving Yin
03-25-2020, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone! I am enjoying reading each of your posts. It is wonderful seeing everyone sharing their stories!

Right now me and my family are quarantined, pending test results, though even if negative we will be staying in and waiting it all out. My little one has been sick and just got tested Monday night, we are hoping to hear the results in the next couple days. Thankfully as of right now he seems to be doing alot better, so it is looking like it might just be a little bug instead, but with him having asthma and me having quite a few medical issues that put me at risk, we are thankful that he was tested.

There have been lots of board games, movies, reading and coloring happening in our house. It is hard to keep a little one occupied when they are stuck inside! @-@

Of course i'm so thankful for our wonderful community that has ensured everyday that I get a good chuckle when I check in on everything. I have to say the cute stories some people leave in tickets about their kitties are adorable and brighten my day with a laugh or two as well!

I just want to thank everyone for being so kind and helpful to each other in these hard times. Everyday I am just so amazed with how wonderful our community is! The best way to support right now is with kind words and a helping hand....and of course lots of kitties!

Stay safe, healthy and WONDERFUL!

Virtual hugs for all,
FoxieCat

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens
 Thanks given by: Callie Cline , Calamity Hathaway , CheerfulTeacupCSR Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , Garance Kidd , AstridSolace Resident , Markham Weatherwax , MizBehavn Resident , Evolving Yin , Sannctuary Resident
03-25-2020, 05:39 PM
sending HUGE hugs to everyone...

thank you for sharing your stories... we are all in this together...

i enjoy reading these it makes me feel closer to you all.
 Thanks given by: CheerfulTeacupCSR Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , FoxieCat Resident , Garance Kidd , AstridSolace Resident , Markham Weatherwax , MizBehavn Resident , Evolving Yin , Sannctuary Resident
03-25-2020, 06:03 PM
I'm in New Jersey. The state is on lockdown, with non-essential businesses ordered closed. My business type is deemed essential, so for now, we are still working. We've closed to the general public, however, which has made me feel more at ease. I, too, like someone else mentioned, do not believe everyone is taking this seriously enough to stay home and out of public places. Wishing everyone well and be safe. Very strange time indeed.
 Thanks given by: Faith Rowley , Callie Cline , CheerfulTeacupCSR Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , FoxieCat Resident , Garance Kidd , AstridSolace Resident , Markham Weatherwax , MizBehavn Resident , Evolving Yin , Sannctuary Resident
03-25-2020, 06:14 PM
My situation is very difficult. Let's just say "single white female" part 2. Friday, i got pushed out to a homeless shelter, saturday, after i went back "home" to get a few more things, the other girlfriend spraypainted the doors to "my" area, and has made threats to kill my cats. She has had several psychotic moments since then. Currently she is in the hospital, so I can breathe a little easier, although i am missing my cats terribly, especially the one that is old, and might not have longer to live.

Terrible time to be pushed out, without an income, other than ebay reselling, which is now taken away from me on that, also, since i cannot do that from the shelter.

However, i have things to be grateful. Another co-girlfriend in the house, to protect my possessions and cats, and being there to be with him...even though I won't be any more. A roof over my head. Food (such as it may be...however, i brought food with, even though it's not amazing either). Internet, because my phone provider is giving free unlimited data til the 14th (I don't know what i will do after that).

And the most important....SL friends. And, my kittycats. I wish they would cooperate on the breeding...but they have been a tiny bit of a comfort, and the friends in the group, both who know about my situation and who don't. many people have come to purchase kittycats, some have been in my IM's when i needed to talk, and some of ya'll...just by giving me a place to laugh and be fyrebird when I don't want to adult and RL. Ya'll are amazing.

Callie, when you created Kittycats, you created a community. Some people talk about the cats and the comfort they give...but, it's the community you created. And in this time of need and trouble...we can all come together, and just support and be there for each other is wonderful. Thank you so very much for that. Love you, and FoxieCat, and all of the rest of the wonderful CSR's that keep this group moving....and sometimes in line...especially me.

*tosses a few cucumbers and purple crayons in, and runs off*
 Thanks given by: Sannctuary Resident , Faith Rowley , Callie Cline , Calamity Hathaway , CheerfulTeacupCSR Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , FoxieCat Resident , Garance Kidd , AstridSolace Resident , Markham Weatherwax , MizBehavn Resident , Evolving Yin
03-25-2020, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2020 07:31 PM by Sannctuary Resident.)
"Nothing to share... my poems are rubbish! LOL!"

Hi Bumblebliss, I doubt very much that your poems are rubbish. Considering your whole post is eloquent creative empathetic & emotive. I suspect writing is one of your talents. Thank you for your sharing post.

Blessings to you and family

Sannie

Dear Fyrebird, My heart goes out to you, was almost facing homelessness a few months back. It's is an extremely difficult time at the moment without a home base.

Am glad you have a bed as humble as it is and someone that cares enough to protect your possessions and hold and care for your precious kitties.

May you find something more stable soon and please let us know how you are doing.

"We are All in this Together"

Much love to you
~* Sannie
 Thanks given by: Faith Rowley , Callie Cline , CheerfulTeacupCSR Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , FoxieCat Resident , Garance Kidd , Markham Weatherwax , MizBehavn Resident , Evolving Yin
03-25-2020, 06:54 PM
Thanks for your support and your openness, Callie! I'm in Canada and in my area we are closed except for essential businesses. I have three teenage sons (15, 17 and 19) and a husband and the boys are hating Mom (me) restricting their XBox time so that they keep up with their online studies (schools here are closed and have been closed since March 13) and help with spring cleaning.

I'm staying home and have cancelled my usual volunteer routines. I've been trying to use the time to be more productive around the house and tackle some home repairs etc that we had been putting off. But without a "deadline" procrastination tends to settle in.

My sister-in-law is apparently sick and is exhibiting symptoms but hasn't yet been tested (according to my nephew). We haven't seen her but she is in poor health even before this virus. Other than her, our family is all well. My greatest concern is for my father who is 87 and seems not to understand how serious this is for him. He keeps asking me to come take him to Wendy's for lunch which is heart breaking because I would love to see him but my eldest works in a grocery store so our household is risky these days (not to mention that no restaurants are open for dining ... just take out).

I'm very grateful for Second Life as it keeps me connected but still from safe social distances.

I hope everyone stays healthy and safe. Virtual hugs all around.

Faith Smile
 Thanks given by: Callie Cline , CheerfulTeacupCSR Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , FoxieCat Resident , Garance Kidd , AstridSolace Resident , Sannctuary Resident , Markham Weatherwax , Evolving Yin
03-25-2020, 08:00 PM
I'm living in one of the earliest hit areas in the northeast and it is frightening. We have been isolated in our home for two weeks. The streets are empty except for the UPS trucks. Fortunately, I thought about stocking up on some things when we first heard of the virus appearing outside of China, but still, one of us, my sister, had to go out for groceries to get a few essentials. Going to the store takes some preparation - leaving and coming home - mask, gloves, hair tucked into a hat and long coat. The store has security guards at the end of every other aisle in addition to the police officers posted at the main doors. The loud speaker announces every few minutes to remain at least 6 feet away from each other and most people are doing that. Everyone talks about food and supply shortages, no sugar, no chicken, no bread, no toilet paper, no bleach, the shelves are bare by the end of the day so you have to go at the crack of dawn after they have restocked. You can really tell what people don't like ie there were a few cans of creamed corn on the shelf but no regular canned corn. I like creamed corn so that was fortunate. Yesterday morning, they allowed people one roll of toilet paper each. Not one package, only one single roll. The security guards make sure no one is too close to the checkout clerks, thank goodness for them, and we are so grateful for them. Arriving home, the items are unpacked outside the front door, packaging doesn't come inside. Then, the items are placed inside the front door and stay there until they are each wiped down with disinfectant. All of the clothes are stripped off at the door and put into the washing machine and then a shower before coming into the living room. It is surreal. And for the next 6 days (the estimated time of contagion), she has to keep six feet away from us and that isn't easy because we don't have a big house, but we manage, like not going into the kitchen at the same time and our chairs are spaced as far apart as we can get them. But if she doesn't get symptoms we can relax the six-foot rule at least in our home. It seems extreme but it isn't bc my daughter and I have asthma and I have other health issues. And doctors say if you have to go out among people then assume you are a carrier so that you take the necessary precautions when you come home. Makes sense. It is the waiting for symptoms that has me so scared, one of us coughs and we all freeze with a fraction of a second of fear. I distract myself with silly YouTube videos of animals and watch light hearted tv shows, and come into SL of course, where I found that Callie has set up this place for us to talk about it and she has the virus. I pray every day for God to make people safe and healthy, and I thank God for what we still have - each other. I didn't intend to write this much. Blessings shower all of you. Heart

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)