Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Cat on MP Hungry
03-19-2020, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2020 07:16 AM by Prokofy Neva.)
Cat on MP Hungry
I've often been puzzled by this: what is the optimal condition you should put the cat in to sell it on the MP, so that it is not hungry when the person buys it?

I have sold perhaps a dozen or more of the cats over the years, and only one person has complained to me about a cat they purchased being hungry. I have put them both in "Image" or in "2D". I don't know how people get such good pictures on the MP -- I usually take one picture of the cat as it is in 3D inworld, and then another screen shot of the "image".

Just now I had a cat -- a toy which I already have, so I wanted to sell it -- I put on the MP. But then I forgot to save its stats when I put it in inventory yesterday. So I pulled it out to click again and it says "52% hungry" as "Image". So now I have to fatten it up again before it goes on the MP. But is there a better way? I personally wouldn't be upset buying a hungry cat because...you just feed it. You'll have to feed it anyway! I did that last year in RL when we saved an abandoned one that was totally scrawny!

PS I have to wonder how hungry it really is because now it's just sleeping and the food isn't budging from 52%, although I now have it rezzed out. I do wonder if it is able to feed while being in its "low prim" state as "image" or "2D".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2020, 09:27 AM
RE: Cat on MP Hungry
Cats cannot eat when in your inventory (which includes on the Marketplace). They also continue to get older.

The best way to sell live cats is in-world.

I think most people restrict Marketplace sales to boxes, where none of these issues occur and the box is completely unaffected by the passage of time (except some may be so old they'll need a laying-on-of-hands from a CSR to update them).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2020, 02:18 AM
RE: Cat on MP Hungry
(03-19-2020 07:15 AM)Prokofy Neva Wrote:  PS I have to wonder how hungry it really is because now it's just sleeping and the food isn't budging from 52%, although I now have it rezzed out. I do wonder if it is able to feed while being in its "low prim" state as "image" or "2D".

Cats don't eat when they are sleeping so if you want it to eat at 52% hunger you will need to wake it up. They can eat in any prim state they just need to be rezzed and in range of their food, and, obviously, awake.
If you do decide to sell live cats on the MP, which as Tad said, isn't to be recommended you will need to rez it out at least every 3 days to feed or you are going to end up selling a sick cat. The cat won''t die but 3 days in inventory awaiting a buyer on the MP will make it sick. You are far better renting a cushion on a lives table at one of the markets and rezzing the cat with a bowl of food.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)