Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

hunger bugged?
04-02-2020, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2020 12:20 PM by Tarlant Resident.)
hunger bugged?
Idk why but apparently today my cat is not eating, almost.
I can't understand if he's not eating at all or just really really slowly, but people told me that cats always eat at the same rate/speed no matter if they are illed, bigger or smaller etc. the only difference is the quantity of food consumed if they are breeding or not.
So I don't understand what's going on, I've been trying to feed my cat both with a kibble and then with portable food, but his hunger doesn't lower below 23%.
Yes it lowered a bit since it was at 28% but I mean, that was like 5 hours ago.
only 5% after 5 hours of feeding?
Even more weird since I have 2 cats and the other one reached 0% hunger much much earlier and faster than the other one.
Something's going wrong but idk what it is.
I tried to turn the cat 2D and 3D back to reset it's scripts, but that didn't work either.
Right now his hunger is stuck at 23%.
I hope that you have any idea of what is wrong, thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2020, 03:37 PM
RE: hunger bugged?
Sounds like it would be best to file a support ticket.

You hear correctly. The only things which effect the food are whether they're a PermaPet or you (accidentially) set them to non-breeding. If you did that, you'll need to re-enable breeding and wait out the recovery period.

But "stuck at 23%" sounds like an issue which you'll want a CSR to assist with.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Tarlant Resident
04-02-2020, 04:31 PM
Hi there!

It does indeed sound like your cat might have lost connection to the food for a period of time. This is usually caused by low script run on a region or other issues affecting scripted items.

It is hard to say what is going on with the hunger without seeing the cat or knowing a bit more information. The main thing to remember is that cats can not eat when they are sleeping. Usually in these situations where users are trying to lower hunger, the cat has fallen asleep, which stops them from eating and their hunger can appear to be stuck and starts to increase after a bit.

Toggling between prim modes is a great way to reconnect the cats to their food. I would also go ahead and re rez the food and also check your region script run. You can check the script run by using Ctrl+Shift+1 and look down the list, you will see script run under Simulator. The higher the script run the better, the goal is to be close to 100% because this shows the % of scripts on the region that get to run each cycle. If the script run is lower that is likely the issue. If the script run is under 50% then you need to for sure request a region restart to help with that, and perhaps have the region owner check into what might be causing the low script run issue.

If you try all the above and are still having issues with your cat eating, please file a support ticket and include the cat ID# and the location of the cat and I will be more than happy to come check things out and see if we can figure out and resolve the issue Smile

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens
04-03-2020, 04:26 AM
well today he's eating again, awfully slowly, but at least he's eating.
04-03-2020, 06:19 AM
If it does not return to 100% by this afternoon, file that ticket.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)