Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggestion:24h 50% discount for PERMAPET! What u think? Or drop the price of PERMAPET
03-07-2014, 06:02 AM
RE: Suggestion:24h 50% discount for PERMAPET! What u think? Or drop the price of PERMAPET
(03-06-2014 09:59 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  
... I have always assumed that the primary cost was salaries for the KittyCats! team including the customer service. I would, for their sakes, hope that they are all paid in RL money.

Ivy, YES! That has always been my thinking, also. While KittyCatS is a game for most of us, it is a RL job for the KC team. And they do deserve a salary! Wink

And thank you, KC team, for taking such pride in your work and providing such a fun and enjoyable experience for those of us who choose to play this game. Heart

CAT'S CATS
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." (Leonardo da Vinci)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 08:27 AM
RE: Suggestion:24h 50% discount for PERMAPET! What u think? Or drop the price of PERMAPET
Yes, exactly CatSoleil. They do deserve to be paid and the the cats are adorable and their work, including management of the whole business, is very professional.

Back to a discussion of “FOR FREE” since I’ve had morning coffee. Smile

“Tad Carlucci” Wrote:It's obvious that the 1500L$ price has nothing to do with equipment costs, programming costs, support costs, or anything else related to our long-term holding of cats at no income to them. They provide all that as a free service. I point out there are hundreds of thousands, perhaps over a million, cats currently being held are using this free service.

For all the complaints, I doubt they sell enough kits for it to matter to them. Certainly not enough for it to cause even a blip in their daily cash flows; and not even a blip in the number of our cats they're already servicing FOR FREE.

Your argument comes perilously close to being, “They do all of this stuff for free, so the permapet potion should be free also.” Now, I know you didn’t say that. But you’re on that slippery slope. And I agree with you that the permapet fee is not likely to be important in their income stream.

Part of your implicit argument seems to be that they service the cats for Free, so there’s no cost involved. I think this is incorrect. I think that even though they do not charge us for customer support on a per/ticket basis, customer support represents a substantial operational expense for them. If Kitten Longmeadow is not being paid an hourly wage, she should be. But I think she is.

A lot of the things that you cite as “free” would only come into play as paid things if KittyCats! had gone with a completely different operational model of charging for cats and boxes rather than cat food. You are a sweeter soul than I for being grateful for such things. I figure let’s discuss the operational model that is in place.

I still think my theory that the 1500L price functions to socially engineer the minimum price for a PermaKitty is plausible.

Would I personally like PP potion to be cheaper? Yes! Of course! Who wouldn’t? But I suspect there is a very sound business case for it not being so.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
03-07-2014, 11:12 AM
No, I don't think everything should be free. What I do think their income so vastly overshadows their expenses that it's silly to worry about monetary motivations.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Well sir, I think we have argued to a draw. Neither of us has the actual information about expenses. Perhaps someday we will find out.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
03-07-2014, 12:20 PM
(03-07-2014 06:02 AM)CatSoleil Bellecoeur Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 09:59 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  
... I have always assumed that the primary cost was salaries for the KittyCats! team including the customer service. I would, for their sakes, hope that they are all paid in RL money.

Ivy, YES! That has always been my thinking, also. While KittyCatS is a game for most of us, it is a RL job for the KC team. And they do deserve a salary! Wink

You mean Kitten Longmeadow is really making 100,000 Lindens/week? Because that's only $10/hr for a 40 hour week in the RL. I want her job Smile

I worked for a large breedable sim once, and made 2000 Lindens/week for 40 hours of work. But I did learn a few things...

Shamu
03-08-2014, 10:32 PM
As someone who buys and sells a lot of cats and permapets a lot, I have to say that I'd prefer if there was not such a discount sale.

The value of a permapetted cat is determined as +1500L$ on top of the value of the cat if it was not permapetted.

Any sale on permapet bottles undermines that value.

The truth is I do not mind either way but the simplest thing would be to leave things as they are and have the permapetted cats have that extra value compared to the rest.
03-09-2014, 04:16 AM
Holy thread necro. Also I am moving this to the Feedback forum, since it really does belong there.

And no I am not telling you my salary. Tongue

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: CatSoleil Bellecoeur
03-09-2014, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 04:52 AM by CatSoleil Bellecoeur.)
(03-09-2014 04:16 AM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  Holy thread necro. ...

And no I am not telling you my salary. Tongue

Smile

Ha, Kitten! Both of the above comments made me chuckle in this early morning hour!

Whatever your salary is, I hope it's enough --- you certainly deserve to be well-paid for your professionalism, patience, promptness, and consistently pleasant attitude. (Bravo!)

(03-07-2014 12:20 PM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  You mean Kitten Longmeadow is really making _____ Lindens/week?

... I want her job

Me too! Tongue

(If only I had the technical know-how....)

CAT'S CATS
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." (Leonardo da Vinci)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)