Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Pricing Tips & Info for new breeders
01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: Pricing Tips & Info for new breeders
ROFLLLL! this is hilarious!
Thank you so much Dev I love my cow KC better watch out because gosh he is cute!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 07:31 AM
(01-05-2013 06:24 PM)devilness chant Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 09:39 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Lol no I value Tad very much even when I don't understand him he brings color to the forums by his unique way of putting things Smile
Can you believe this Dev?
Even the most simple drawing was to hard for this girl I could swear it was a cow ROFL!

Hmmm so does this mean I'm not as smart as Tad....but smarter than you? rofl Oh and I found you a cow so does this mean I get to double post again?
[Image: 8351896554_d82f89e9ba.jpg]
Kay gets her cow by Devilness Chant, on Flickr
(01-05-2013 06:58 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  ROFLLLL! this is hilarious!
Thank you so much Dev I love my cow KC better watch out because gosh he is cute!

I think it's a girl since it has udders. Huh We're so bad...I think we went waaaaaaaay off topic.

(It's Tads fault he started it) hehehehe

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
01-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Oh shees even seeing genders is hard for me!
Roflll yeah back to prices and kitties Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

01-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Call it Pin-the-udder-on-the-cow and it *is* about pricing schemes Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2013, 10:29 AM
(01-06-2013 09:00 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Call it Pin-the-udder-on-the-cow and it *is* about pricing schemes Tongue

ROFL!

Retro Kitties Showroom »

01-06-2013, 02:12 PM
(01-06-2013 10:29 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 09:00 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Call it Pin-the-udder-on-the-cow and it *is* about pricing schemes Tongue

ROFL!

OH MY WORD! I worry about you two. Angel I wish traits and pricing were as easy as pin the tail on any animal.

I used to price 100 a trait and a little more for newer traits. But I have started pricing for the hidden traits too now. And I try to keep up and drop prices as the price of traits drop. That's always fun going back through them all. <---- see I iz back on topic. rofl

01-06-2013, 02:35 PM
ok question, do you guys price 100 per trait (excluding very recessive/new/etc) period? i.e. if you had a cat such as.... uhhh... an Aby Fawn with Mysterious Blue Ice, Mysterious Ears, Plush Tail, White Mysterious whisks. Would you price it at 600 or price it lower because these are traits that most people aren't necessarily searching high and low for?

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
01-06-2013, 03:57 PM
(01-06-2013 02:35 PM)dakillakm Resident Wrote:  ok question, do you guys price 100 per trait (excluding very recessive/new/etc) period? i.e. if you had a cat such as.... uhhh... an Aby Fawn with Mysterious Blue Ice, Mysterious Ears, Plush Tail, White Mysterious whisks. Would you price it at 600 or price it lower because these are traits that most people aren't necessarily searching high and low for?

This is just me. I would price low because the traits are older, not useful for pulling traits, (I will never stop saying pull) and because they have been around so long we all have tons of those traits.
These traits actually be useful on the new more dom traits, but many ppl already have boxes with those traits in them.

Walk around and get an idea what ppl are pricing at.

And never let a kitty go for less than YOU are COMFORTABLE with. I've taken kitties to auction and ended up bringing them home because no one wants to pay my price and that's fine. I have one aby b/s, I priced opening bid for 2k. Everyone thought that was too high. He was one of the best kitties I ever used with starters. Even though he didn't show all the traits he had in his line, he pulled like crazy and made a few 9t kitties.
I have kitties I price really low and others that can sit on the shelf and collect dust till I open it or even send it off for kitty bucks. One because i put a lot of time into it's lines, and two I know that it can do a lot for a cattery.

I wish there was an easy answer to setting prices. The market is so flakey.

Thanks given by: dakillakm Resident
03-19-2013, 03:05 AM
bump for those who are looking Wink

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2013, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 06:59 AM by trinityemerique Resident.)
I see a huge range in prices, im new to this, but its weird seeing so much differences in prices such as one stand having all kittens at cheapo prices like 50 L a trait then others with higher. The cat market seems a bit well all over the place atm. I am not sure what a good current pricing method would be for cats.
 Thanks given by: Angelfa Watkins

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)