Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Inworld cats act a bit strange
09-14-2019, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2019 11:48 PM by Eiji Kokorin.)
Inworld cats act a bit strange
I'm sure this is part of the ongoing problems and known, but I'll report it anyway:

Some of my cats inworld can't be woken up. Their symbols say they are asleep, but there's no wake-up button the their menu.

At least 1 pair seems not making much progress, love-wise. But then, also their age is off by 3 days, so it seems they haven't been able to 'phone home' in quite a while.

(I'm running through several of the other cats now, and a few of them are also off by 3 days.)

(Mmmhh, rerezzing them gives the correct statistics, though they seems to have been eating when they thought they were hungry, but weren't. One food statistic for instance is now 113% and it's -66% happy with that! Their stalled love isn't progressed, so some lost 3 days of love-accumulation.)

(Cute:
[22:19] KittyCats - Flair Line F: Mewwwwww... I'm 113% hungry Sad Please feed me and pay some attention to me... :/
:-)

Hah!! After 10-15 minutes, the statistics, lost time, and over-eating catches up, and all seems normal.

So apparently the advice is to re-rez your inworld cats if you're suspicious about their well-being.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2019, 09:27 AM
RE: Inworld cats act a bit strange
I've also had mismatches with statistics and animations (sleeping etc) not matching stats. My neighbor keeps getting the hungry when not hungry messages 156% hungry. Generally we've solved it by sending to Cattery or 3d > 2d > 3d. All has happened after the weekly restarts.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
09-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Just a reminder:

Taking a cat out of your inventory does not 'reset' the cat.

Changing between modes (2D, 3D, etc), or retreiving from the Cattery, produces a completely new 'cat' object, reset to factory defaults, then loaded with the traits, and statistics for that cat. This fixes a myriad of issues and should be your go-to choice if things seem a bit off. The Home position will be the point where the cat object appears. Don't forget that the cat won't be marked For Sale or have a price, so you may want to note the price before resetting the cat.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2019, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone! Yes this is an ongoing issues related to SL being wonky. It is affecting many things in SL that are scripted beyond our cats. If you have any issues with your cats like this, please put them in and out of low prim mode. They might seem to get stuck loading when doing this, just leave the cats alone and they should load just fine. If for some reason they do not load, or the issue isn't resolved, please file a support ticket with the cats ID# and we will get things fixed!

Thanks for your understanding!
-KittyCatS Team

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)