Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

***New Eyes: Slate Black***
08-31-2019, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2019 07:56 AM by Eleanor8 Resident.)
RE: ***New Eyes: Slate Black***
Got eyes shown on 16 of my test cats so far. 8 have shown Slate Black. All pulled with either Marble Magic or Soul Whisper.

It seems to be very popular in the mix. :-)

Heart Eleanor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2019, 02:59 PM
We have had verbal confirmation from Callie - because Eleanor asked her - that the Slate Black eyes are limited edition. That is, they will only be available in these LE cats from these Summer 2019 collections.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Julinah Resident , Evolving Yin
08-31-2019, 09:17 PM
Congrats very nice eye!
09-02-2019, 02:06 AM
(08-31-2019 07:52 AM)Eleanor8 Resident Wrote:  Got eyes shown on 16 of my test cats so far. 8 have shown Slate Black. All pulled with either Marble Magic or Soul Whisper.

It seems to be very popular in the mix. :-)

Limited Edition eyes tend to be fairly widespread since its the only time they will appear in starters. Should make placing them easier with sheer number of starters out there hiding them.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin
09-07-2019, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019 09:35 AM by Evolving Yin.)
(08-31-2019 02:59 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  We have had verbal confirmation from Callie - because Eleanor asked her - that the Slate Black eyes are limited edition. That is, they will only be available in these LE cats from these Summer 2019 collections.

Good to know Ivy, I pulled the Slate black eyes as well. Seems to be a common one for this round, but good to know it is limited to this round. I pulled with Tranquility hiding either a waters or a stare.

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
09-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Posting this for Oriana showing Pewter pulling the Slate Black. We looked back through this pedigree and Pewter is the most recessive we found. She is planning on breeding this kitty to something a bit more recessive than Pewter to see what happens.

[Image: Slate%20Black%20Pedi.png]

Owner CatTales KittyCats Market
KittyCats Breeder and Auctioneer
Breed what you love and sell what you can bear to part with
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain , Evolving Yin
09-14-2019, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2019 06:42 PM by Songdog Woolley.)
I've got a range - albeit a WIDE range - for Slate Black eyes:

Kitten 1 has Morning Glory eyes, so Eloy must hide Morning Glory or more recessive:

[Image: 66333dc11af6d306263fbd5e4a87f2b1.png]

Kitten 2 has Slate Black, which makes that Eloy's hidden eye:

[Image: 9a6048c4c873efc7c8a8ffe67caf9621.png]

Her mom, Edna, has Destiny Waters and hides Grey Matter. (I will post the proof of her hidden Grey Matter if needed, it will take a few generations, so won't post it all here.)

[Image: 2ccb52992b1f9c8eb4c23028232bc535.png]

Therefore, since Eloy passed his hidden Slate Black both times, and it hid behind Morning Glory in Kitten 1, Slate Black is recessive to Morning Glory and dominant to at least Grey Matter and possibly to Destiny Waters. Oriana's testing of her kitten could narrow that range considerably.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Ivy Norsk , Rayne Morningstar
09-15-2019, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2019 05:45 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
I think that since the eye has been pulled with multiple more dominant eyes all of which may or may not hide something else its pretty much a given that it is dominant to Grey Matter. Because of this I am only going to mark the charts as Rec to Morning Glory for now, its a huge range to cover on the charts and I think it will be easier to read if its marked in this way for now. I suspect we are going to get a much narrower range very soon.

If anyone has had the eye show on a Special Baby where they know what the other starter hides those pedigrees would be incredibly helpful, even later once the other reveals its hid. Of course any specials with eyes showing where the hidden proves to be Slate Black also very helpful. Basically keep an eye on those special babies Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Songdog Woolley
09-15-2019, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2019 05:06 PM by Arcadiamyst Resident.)
I think this is a proof

FIrst

Arikus X Bernetta gave me a slate black

Second

Arikus was proven to be a Destiny skyline as this is dominant to marble magic (hider on Elvia)

Third
This makes Bernetta the slate black

Fourth

Bernetta X Koby gave me a gerbera blue
THis kitten will be gerbera blue, carrying the slate black
It also proves that slate black is dominant to destiny skyline?

Lexi            
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain
09-15-2019, 05:25 PM
Thank you Arcadiamyst/Lexi Dagger!
Two proofs in one. Let me go through it.

Picture #1: 2 Under the Seas have their special baby and it shows the Slate Black. As both of the UndertheSeas show genesis, but have a traited hidden, it must be that we are seeing a double recessive throw, and the Slate Black, since it is showing MUST be dominant to the eye that it is covering.

But who is hiding what eye?
In Picture #2 we see that Arikus the HeShell is hiding Destiny Skyline. This was pulled by Elvia (the pink chat)'s hidden eye, Marble Magic. The Destiny Skyline had to be from Arikus; Elvia is showing Byrds and the hidden has to be Marble Magic or better.

Therefore, Slate Black is dominant to Destiny Skyline.
This means that the Slate Black had to be coming from the UndertheSea Horsin Around Bernetta - it's her hidden.

Picture #3: Bernetta mates with Koby who is showing the Gerbera Blue. The Gerbera Blue shows on the kitten. If Bernetta had thrown her shown genesis, we'd be seeing it. Therefore, she must have thrown her Slate Black and it is hiding under the Gerbera Blue and is recessive to it.

It's a big range, but I know there are various tests going on out there.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Arwen Swordthain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)