Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

EXPLANATION FROM LL ABOUT THIS WEEKEND'S ISSUES
05-30-2019, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2019 01:15 PM by Takara Nightfire.)
RE: EXPLANATION FROM LL ABOUT THIS WEEKEND'S ISSUES
I have been in SL for over 10 years and it still to this day it amazes me at the audacity of some people who choose to be hateful and mean to those that go out of their way to help others such as the Kittycats team did this past weekend. Anyone with any sense that has been in SL has to know that have always been server glitches and they happen as does whatsit happens. Those hateful mean people need to grow up and act like an adult NOT a child. to those that spent the entire weekend working towards keeping us as informed as possible, providing their time to assure there was no "kittycat losses" and probably so very much work behind the scenes that we don't even know about deserve our appreciation and highest respect. Well to those that were and are rude and hateful and disrespectul to Callie, Kitten Meadow and others, SHAME on YOU! Take a look in the mirror and take a hard look at yourself because I am one that has no respect for you. Thank you Kittycats Team for all you did and all you do everyday.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Autumn Ehrenkranz , VeetMesser Resident , Mareep18 Resident
05-30-2019, 04:33 PM
i understand how people are angry and mean when things break or things don't go according to their expectations. we're all human and we all have those moments (or at least every person i have met!)

the underlying cause is fear. fear that they may not get their cats back, fear that we may not care enough to provide them with support during hard times.

i was concerned myself this weekend when i learned Linden Labs was off Sunday AND Monday. As nothing was wrong on our end, it was hard to wait (along with others who were affected who made things that broke along with the LL old code) and it was very frustrating to not be able to tell all of you an estimated time when you could expect things to be working again.

AND.. then there were people who kept im'ing saying "no need to reply just know we have faith in you" and things like that. and overall our community was STELLAR in weathering the "meltdown!" haha.

I was told in the future a good thing to do is file a JIRA immediately as an official documentation for LL to look at, and encourage others as well so that they have that along with Tickets.

So i gained a whole new appreciation for the Ticket system Linden Labs has in place as well as their support staff. I was immediately contacted on Monday morning, and asked a lot of questions, which all pointed to the conclusion that the reason some of our 1.60 version cats were affected as well as certain docks on certain sims, etc. was due to their now obsolete code (as of yesterday) going down.

it's in times like that those trying to solve the problems really appreciate the information you can give them. and while it's not fun dealing with angry (fearful) customers, the upside is they provide necessary information while yelling! LOL.

for example "all my friends Cabbits are fine! all of mine are stuck!!! did you do something to me??????? " If we looked at that as being yelled at we may miss... hmm their friend's cats are OK, theirs are NOT. then we can ask... are they on the same sim??? "nooo they aren't!! everyone is out to get me and i'm gonna make you pay!!" we learn, ahhh different sims!!!

so even someone yelling can give us important information. and that being said, it's very nice to not have people yelling but we were able to calm fears when people saw us keeping them updated and looking for workarounds!!

thankfully Kitten and I had lots of bowls of food we could go rez out for people who's cats were getting very hungry! and kitten had a that great idea of going to rez food!

anyway... we are appreciative of you all too and we do understand people getting upset. also, almost everyone who does get upset and acts less than patient almost without exception writes us later to apologize. and THAT is pretty darn amazing!

thank you for all the comments, private im's and even some gifts we have been given. it's a honor to serve you all.
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Ivy Norsk , Mirsoul Resident , Kikii Littlepaws , Autumn Ehrenkranz , Ellen Ireland , Aubreygrace Starlight , Sannctuary Resident , Fennet Resident , VeetMesser Resident , Eleanor8 Resident , Mareep18 Resident
05-31-2019, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2019 12:49 PM by Autumn Ehrenkranz.)
(05-28-2019 08:40 PM)auxilialaucour Resident Wrote:  Interesting that it wasn't posted on the grid status and that it was only your site. I breed several other breedables and everything was up during the weekend. It may have been more believable had you actually posted your im from the Linden Labs, but I really believe you shut down for the holiday. I really don't care what you do. i just do not like to be lied to.

If they had been shut down for the holiday, they would not have been able to write the work arounds that they did, nor deliver food, like they did. They would not have had CSRs on the Kittycats Addicts chat answering the same questions over and over, and being kind while doing so. It was as least every other minute that someone new came onto chat to find out what was going on.

In fact, the store was NOT closed until people started reporting their problems. Since anything in the store would not have been delivered, they stopped us from wasting lindens buying products they would never get. I was on that chat every day, and the CSRs and Callie had to deal with a lot of nastiness while simultaneously trying to get to the bottom of the problem. They spent many hours going through their code to find out if the problem was on their end. It wasn't.

Callie herself was on and off chat to let people know how it was going and to reassure everyone that it would be fixed and they would replace any cats or boxes that didn't make it through the problem.

It really wouldn't have mattered if they had another place to pick up food, as the scripts for that would not have worked either. I know of no breedable where you can pick up food anywhere but at their main store. There have been people who put out fake food in the past.

I have weathered through far worse than this, and never had the support we received from the people at KittyCatS. I've been on SL for over 11 years, and never had better support than this.

So, thanks to everyone who spent their weekend reading code, answering questions, bringing food to those who ran out, and taking care of cats that were due to have kittens but were about to age out. There are not enough thank yous in the world for what you all did.
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , InariNinetails Resident , Arwen Swordthain , VeetMesser Resident , Mareep18 Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)