Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

SHOW US YOUR REAL LIFE OR DREAM CAT!!!
04-09-2012, 07:34 PM
RE: SHOW US YOUR REAL LIFE OR DREAM CAT!!!
(04-09-2012 08:50 AM)Saga Felix Wrote:  [Image: 6914712930_50af04e2c8.jpg]

This is Sunshine... She was a German Rex, even though the little weird curls in her fur & whiskers is not clearly seen on this picture.
Unfortunately, she was also heavily inbred, which I did not know until after I got her - her mother was mated with her own dad, and Sunshine and her siblings were the results.

She was put down last year, at the age of just 3 - being very ill and in constant pain, there was nothing else to do. The vet said it'd cost a fortune and cause her much pain to even try and make her well, and with absolutely no guarantee of success. Also, she'd most likely be toothless before they were done, but since the bacteria had most likely settled in her internal organs already, causing her to look ill and vomit ever so often, even that would probably just prolong a painful life.

I miss her very much, and I now curse the people all over the world who in-breed cats and other animals. My experience with Sunshine has taught me that there is NO excuse for it - not even trying to preserve a rare race, like it was the case here.

On the bright side, I didn't follow the advice from the people I got her from and bred her - rather, when I discovered how inbred she was, I had her neutered. Only later I discovered how ill it also made her in several ways.

Sunshine was a great cat - and I still find myself missing her when I go to bed, as she usually tagged a long and had a little bedtime-snuggle-purring-session before settling in beside me and sleeping quietly all night.
Maybe one day I'll try find one almost like her :-)

Awww such a heartbreaking story hugs you tight ...
What an absolutely stunning kitty Sunshine was Heart
I can absolutely imagine why you named her like that!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Heart RE: SHOW US YOUR REAL LIFE OR DREAM CAT!!!
[/size]
:heart:This is Rockefellar. He is a pure bred Russian Blue that I found at a Humane Society in the city. They found him wondering the streets and he has all the features of the Russian Blue. So intelligent and a total lap cat. He is fixed, microchipped and a special baby to me Smile.Heart
[/font]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: Kendrah Vantelli
04-10-2012, 09:21 AM
[Image: dmya7s.jpg]

[Image: 35iylox.jpg]

My baby Smile and yes im the queen of the whiskers in RL too. Tongue

[Image: adorablecopy.jpg]

Iffy's Auction Area ~ 11AM Sat & 1PM Tues, KittyCatS Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
 Thanks given by: Kendrah Vantelli
04-15-2012, 08:02 PM
What cute pets! I especially loved your cats Serena! They're gorgeous.

Here's Kaylee. She loved to play fetch and had beautiful blue eyes. RIP

[Image: 28thv84.jpg]

I have a Toki now:

[Image: 2mzrsw.jpg]

I would LOVE to have an odd eyed cat one day but I read the blue eyed side tends to be deaf so it's probably a rare find. At least I can have them thru Kittycats! Big Grin

[Image: 6j1sau.jpg]
[Image: o5b804.jpg]
04-19-2012, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 03:57 PM by Karen Veriander.)
Aw what cute kitties everyone has! Ifoni, those are some beautifully lavish ear-feathers. My boy has slight ear curls, but nothing so impressive Big Grin

These are the best pictures I have handy of my boy George. The first one was taken to show the vet how well his back, shoulders and head had healed. When he first came to me he had such a horrific case of mange that my mother thought he'd had boiling water poured on him.

[Image: 2a98y9h.jpg]

This is an "action" shot of his first known encounter with catnip, when he declared war on his cat-scratcher. George thought he had won. Little did he know ... I had duct tape.

You can't tell in either of these shots, but he has a lovely plushy plumy tail that he loves to whack me in the face with while I'm trying to sleep.

[Image: k3p1te.jpg]

And this is my mom's cat Tinkerbell, asleep in her favorite flowerpot. Whenever I see the original Domino cats (still my favorite!) I think of Tink:

[Image: 33z93b6.jpg]

Heart Coriander Co-Op, our cute little store at Too Adorable! Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)