Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dominance Question / Confusion
04-13-2019, 06:02 PM
Dominance Question / Confusion
If I understand the dominance rules correctly, the Genesis traits are ALWAYS dominant over non-Genesis traits. Thus, per that rule, if a cat is "showing" a non-Genesis fur, the hidden fur trait is also NOT Genesis. Given that, I'm trying to figure out how a kitten that is showing a Genesis fur (Genesis - Patch II) came about when both parents are "showing" non-Genesis furs.

Here is the kitty info from the Pedigree page. What am I not seeing here?

[Image: e7bb123738a4b815072147acc3568f56.png]

Lil

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2019, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2019 11:20 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
RE: Dominance Question / Confusion
It's because Confetti cats breed differently.

They actually have 4 fours:
2 Confetti furs (shown and hidden)
2 non-Confetti furs

They ALWAYS have to be paired with another Confetti cat in order to have a CHANCE of passing their Confetti furs. Even when breeding a pair of Confettis, in my experience they only give their Confetti furs about 25% of the time.

If a pair choose to give their Confetti furs, they will each give one of their Confetti furs and one of their non-Confetti furs, and the OS will show the Confetti fur that is most dominant.

If they decide to not to give their Confetti furs or they are paired with a regular cat, they will only give one of their non-Confetti furs, and the OS does NOT hide any Confetti furs.

More Info: https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=22770

So, the Genesis fur is coming from your Confetti. You'll need to get it a Confetti partner if you want ANY chance of getting Confetti babies.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: LittleMe Jewell
04-13-2019, 11:45 PM
I was actually gifted the kitten and so I don't have the parents. I was simply making notes on the traits and checked the Pedigree page to note parent traits and that is when I got confused.

I'll go read up on the Confetti cats in case I run across them in the future.

Thank you.

04-14-2019, 03:20 AM
In addtion to what MsMagik has said its worth noting that Confetti - Cocoberry is the Confetti starter fur. If the person that bred the cat was the one that gifted it to you it might be worth you telling them that they need to breed it with another confetti if they ever want to get a confetti fur, unless they actually are trying to pull the non genesis hidden fur for some reason. Most people that breed confettis aren't interested at all in the Normal furs but only the hidden confetti fur.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: LittleMe Jewell

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)