Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Fur: Tiger!-Pinkie Winkie
05-24-2019, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 01:09 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
RE: New Fur: Tiger!-Pinkie Winkie
Guess that means Bonny doesn't hide Siamese - Flame Smile She can move straight over to making me some pretty Pinkie Winkies instead.
Am running the male against Burmilla - Blue Shaded now, first kitty was a Blue that will breed next week. The Burmillas pedigree is pretty solid and she has never passed anything else so we will see what they give me this week.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley
06-01-2019, 02:56 PM
Recessive to Burmilla - Blue Shaded

Pulled here from under the Burmilla - Blue Shaded by the more recessive Tonkinese - Blue Mink

[Image: 291814ac7e3c2c6ce49a199c4e1fa206.png]

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Ivy Norsk , Songdog Woolley
06-21-2019, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2019 08:46 AM by ShannonSpoonhunter Resident.)
Apologies that this is a bit of backstory, but:

In post #10 and #18, I have proofs that show this Bali Lilac, Esmond, hides pinkie. It's a lot of proofs, but in a nutshell he's descended from Fyre's starter that was a pinkie hider.

I partnered him to a Bengal Black and they had a Bengal Black kitten. Bengal Black is recessive to Bali Lilac, so since it's showing, we can conclude Bengal Black is dominant to pinkie. [Image: 0c0119a6f5e8de89581df188985554fa.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Ivy Norsk
06-21-2019, 09:56 AM
Hot Damn!
I've been through it and it just goes to show how much dominance proving can be done with a single vetted line of cats.
Yes, for the proof to work, you need to know the history of the Sweetcat Wowsa, see the proof that it hides pinkie, and then follow the hidden pinkie down through Nostradamus to Esmond and now to the New Born Bengal Black. It's an excellent object lesson in how hiddens are operative and can be tracked even when you can't see them.
It also goes to show how helpful it all is to have these pedigrees up on the forum, since they don't need to be re-posted and we can simply refer to them.

Thank you again Shannon.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Arwen Swordthain
06-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Just had a look back at the previous posts mentioned by Shannon as well and its great to see the hider being used to get the proofs.
I agree totally with Ivy regarding the lessons in hidden tracking.
Great work as always Shannon Smile

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Songdog Woolley
06-21-2019, 03:23 PM
(06-21-2019 02:21 PM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  Just had a look back at the previous posts mentioned by Shannon as well and its great to see the hider being used to get the proofs.
I agree totally with Ivy regarding the lessons in hidden tracking.
Great work as always Shannon Smile

Thank you! I prefer my test kitties to be hiders rather than showers; it frequently saves me a step!
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Arwen Swordthain
06-29-2019, 05:19 AM
Currently running Pinkie Winkie against Burmilla - Black Silver Shaded
Results so far are 2 Burmilla Blacks and a Toyger Coal (the Burmillas hidden) First of the Burmilla Black babies will breed on Weds.

Forum Based Charts

07-01-2019, 01:54 PM
I'm running against siamese chocolate tortie. Two tortie babies so far; pulling hiddens.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
07-02-2019, 01:09 AM
(07-01-2019 01:54 PM)ShannonSpoonhunter Resident Wrote:  I'm running against siamese chocolate tortie. Two tortie babies so far; pulling hiddens.

With that sitting right above the Burmilla Black its ceratinly an indication its going to be recessive, my first one breeds tomorrow so fingers crossed for a result Smile
Am running a Pinkie Winkie hider against a Dusty Slate hider as well this week in the hope both throw their hids, both shown furs are well above both test ranges so that would be an instant answer between the two and might narrow one or the other quite a bit when we get results from other ongoing tests.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley
07-02-2019, 04:19 PM
(07-02-2019 01:09 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  
(07-01-2019 01:54 PM)ShannonSpoonhunter Resident Wrote:  I'm running against siamese chocolate tortie. Two tortie babies so far; pulling hiddens.

With that sitting right above the Burmilla Black its ceratinly an indication its going to be recessive, my first one breeds tomorrow so fingers crossed for a result Smile
Am running a Pinkie Winkie hider against a Dusty Slate hider as well this week in the hope both throw their hids, both shown furs are well above both test ranges so that would be an instant answer between the two and might narrow one or the other quite a bit when we get results from other ongoing tests.

I'm aware this wasn't the most efficient choice; however the chocolate happened to have most of the traits I'm trying to get on my pinkie line, and it's hiding a known recessive... so, I had to unpack them regardless.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)