Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

About Kittycats and their prices.
03-30-2012, 02:59 AM
RE: About Kittycats and their prices.
Dear Nocshadue,

another example .... auctions: They make no more fun. None buys some more, at the most the newest eyes or skins. It prevails a sad tendency. We do not go nearly. It is too depressing and hopeless. Also for the auction-women. So it cannot continue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2012, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 03:24 AM by anna Acanthus.)
(03-30-2012 02:34 AM)Bernhard McIntyre Wrote:  Dear Brandon,
another example. One month ago about I bought on an auction a Snowshoe Red for 15,000 L. yesterday wanted I it on an auction to again sell. No interested itself more for it. I lost thereby 15,000 L and the food + milk. That is only one example of completely many, many, which I could enumerate. The market is mouse-dead.

Quite honestly Bernard why not invest in a good mid-price range couple that have stood the test of time instead of gambling like that?
Look at Saga's tawnies for example, and some of Khea's, much in demand.
And also, knowledgeable breeders will invest in lower 9Ts as they realize the breeding value they have.
Almost each time i bother to post a newborn 9T in the group i get at least one IM offer, last time 7K outright for 9T Plat on Plat with porcelain teacup, and all that's been around for about a year now.
Even my Blacks often get good offers, and i saw a rather ordinary 8T Black/prisml auction for 4.5K a couple of weeks ago.
All this isn't to brag or anything, in fact i've developed them mainly because of stubbornness, laziness and the fact that i like them and thats what i had the most of.
I develope Flames only because i got lucky with a starter months ago.
The most i ever paid recently was 12.5 K for an Aby B&S and that was only because someone gave me a B&S offspring.
My 30K auction prices happened last summer and i hadn't even searched for it, and neither does it bother me much that it's not still happening for me, also this was on a kitty with traits that'd been around a while as well.

And really, don't go for high priced gambles if you can't afford to take a loss.
Sorry this happened though and i can well imagine how you feel.

Hugs.
 Thanks given by: penfold83 Resident
03-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Awwws Bernhard, I dunno what auctions you going to but I always have a blast and I think others do too. I have seen some rough auctions too! But the people there and the auctioneer took it in stride. Once..the very first panel went no sale and later on when we were just finishing the last panel someone TP'd in and was all upset they missed panel one..then guess what? We redid the panel and there was a bid war and the cat sold for a great price Smile

Sometimes it's just timing. End of the month is always rough. Sometimes if you stick with the same crowd..they already have a lot of your cats and just don't need what you are selling. That happened to me with my Sublime eyes...they stopped selling that well at one auction cuz everyone there had em already lol! So I tried an early auction and they did pretty good.

Anyway..I do hope things pick up for you hon! Take good care Smile
03-30-2012, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 03:35 AM by Bernhard McIntyre.)
Look anna,
2 months before had my SL-woman and I still 180 Kittycats. We paid also much for food and milk. This Kittycats lost daily much at value. We could not sell none their babies then any longer, - also given, nobody wanted them. Today we have together only 60 Kittycats.
Ohhhhh Nocshadue...
we go to the auctions of Ifoni and Shania, and our experiences the last time there are, that nearly nobody wants to buy a cat, only the newest one, ore otherwise, cats nearly as a gift - for 100 till 500 L. And there was a sad atmosphere, indeed.
03-30-2012, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 03:42 AM by anna Acanthus.)
(03-30-2012 03:26 AM)Bernhard McIntyre Wrote:  Look anna,
2 months before had my SL-woman and I still 180 Kittycats. We paid also much for food and milk. This Kittycats lost daily much at value. We could not sell none their babies then any longer, - also given, nobody wanted them. Today we have together only 60 Kittycats.

Well Bernard, i'm can't be sure how your breeding knowledge is but we have some pretty tight coaches around now who freely share their experience and knowledge with others.
Have you tried the Nachts or Saga's regular talks, you can get some pretty good leads that you may not already have thought out for yourself, no offense meant and i'm still picking up useful tidbits about breeding or other that i've overlooked myself.

Btw after a run of rough luck the tide often turns and you could well be the next one with the latest most recessive, wooting all the way to your SL account Wink
03-30-2012, 03:45 AM
Look Anna,
that is not MY problem, it is a problem of the Kittycats GENERALLY. It is not a question of my good breeding, it is a question of life, or death of the whole Kittycats.
03-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Market prices are a secondary effect. That means they can indicate something about the deeper forces at work. There are other metrics such as total population levels, box production rates, new player arrival rates, player retention rates (to name a few) which also speak to the deeper forces at work. The problem is that NO metric is as good at it as we'd like.

To me, the cat market appears to have quite a bit of fluctuation. My impression is, presently, things are slow: most likely as a result of awaiting a new Special Collection release. But, in general, the market prices go up and down, and market volume goes up and down, with the changing factors. To me, this indicates an acceptably healthy market.

I've never tracked any metrics with KittyCatS because finding the information is rather difficult. But recently I found some metrics on the KittyCatS web site which I'm checking to ensure they are what I think they are before systemically analyzing them. If so, I'd say that those other metrics already seem to show acceptable health with the general KittyCatS product even in the face of temporary downturns in the market.

My point: don't rely upon only one metric when considering the health of the products. Each has its own strengths and flaws.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2012, 06:09 AM
Hello Tad,

you write very intelligent, but see the reality: ALL Kittycats lost their value more and more, - each day!

Only the new specifications have value any days or weeks, but afterwards they lost also much and much value.

Is that a healthy market?!!
03-30-2012, 07:19 AM
put my 1cent in this discussion Smile (and sorry for my english)

when i begun to breed kc never breed any other breedables and all started from a couple: one for me and one for my boyfriend, just like in real life, we had 2 kittens (that now are 3..)
when our couple make the first baby was a diamond with passion eyes. was extremely rare!
so we put him in an auction and, that night, we sold for 3k.

was a diamond, with passion eyes. and nothing more.

there was an incredible excalation of prices.. each trait out and new was sell high, each new fur was oh wow sell extra high.. and inevitably lost worth each time a new trait or a new fur come out.

one day bengal sorrell was sold for 100k and after a month or more for 2k Smile now nobody look at them!

then there was also big breeders that slashed market, put on sale what was value more lower than others, so prices went down,and down, and down..

and now it's still in this way. new/rare.because.new worth a lot, but when all of us have that fur or those traits, only those don't worth so much.. because all have..

and you have to wait for a new/rare one.. or try to breed great traited kittens, so if an ocicat tawny with eyes caramel go only for 200L$ maybe the same oci with a lot of trait will worth more..

i don't go almost never in auction because can't hear so it's useless for me, but when went there was more or less the same people Smile and when they had what needed don't buy no more the same thing..

i'm become at one point: if you breed for money or you invest a lot of money or you can't compete Smile and nobody can't win. you will never be rich with breedables, also if you'll invest much much real dollars.

it's the market. for each breedables.
03-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks Lixy,
you speaks me from the soul. Which language is your native language? I am German.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)