Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

RE: New fur Tiger Purple Kiwi
04-20-2019, 04:46 PM
RE: RE: New fur Tiger Purple Kiwi
Thank you Eleanor, super clear proof.
Sorry, been running a bit slow on the weekend.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2019, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2019 06:50 PM by LadyBlackDiamond2013 Resident.)
Threw Kiwi with Ocicat blue and popped babys, got this back today from one them

[Image: 16919acd1bed4feb32b7a60690e4f264.png]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
07-10-2019, 05:25 AM
Ah, I'm lagging behind as always. I just confirmed Purple Kiwi to be recessive to Powder Blue but that is not news - Kiwi was already well below Powder Blue on the chart. I need to check these more often! :-)

07-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Ellen, Tazzy/Lady BlackDiamond just got the proof last night. She knocked about 2/3 of the range off. Which is great.
But I know it's frustrating when proof collide.
Anyway, you're not late on checking the chart really. This only went up 8 hours or so before your post.

Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland
07-10-2019, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2019 09:55 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
Rethinks the breed of the Purple Kiwi to the Foxie Blondie I had planned for next week , Smile Awesome range reduction though!

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
07-12-2019, 12:52 PM
I am awaiting to pair purple kiwi's with a American Shorthair - Tawny & White Tabby and a Balinese - Seal Lynx since I wanted the eyes on cats to pull down il do the fur test sametime
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
08-01-2019, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2019 08:08 AM by Ares6609 Titian.)
Hello all, I did some testing with the Tiger! Purple Kiwi and I figured I would do a bunch at once so bare with me this will be a longer post but here are the results.

Pandie Fawn & Tiger! Purple Kiwi produced a Pandie Fawn

Balinese Seal Lynx & Tiger! Purple Kiwi produced a Balinese Seal Lynx

Tiger! Purple Kiwi & American SH T&W produced a Tiger! Purple Kiwi

Tiger! Purple Kiwi & Balinese Blue Lynx produced a Balinese Blue Lynx

So my conclusion was that it should fall between the American SH T&W and the Balinese Seal Lynx. I was thinking of running the same test again with the same partners, but I would love some input.

Thanks,
Ares
08-01-2019, 10:14 AM
Ares the current range on the Purple Kiwi is recessive to Ocicat blue and dominant to the Aussie Dark Chocolate.
You have some important cats there.

I would like you to open some cats to pull the hiddens. I don't know how much Cattery space you have but these are the cats at issue (listed in order of importance):
The Kiwi Shower that came from the AS Tawny&white would be a good one to start with since it's in the middle of the range.
The Bali Seal shower. (could be hiding toyger snow but maybe not).
The Bali Blue shower is just as likely to hide toyger snow but it's in the range.

Finding the hidden on any of these cats would be helpful.
(The pandi flame kitten isn't in the current range.)

08-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Will do, I will get on that tonight
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident
08-02-2019, 03:33 AM
The Pandie Fawn that came from the Pandie Flame match up is in the range though so it may hide the Purple Kiwi or possibly the potential hidden Toyger Caramel.
All 4 cats need to be opened and have their hids pulled to be of any use at all.

Ares by all means repeat the tests, many of us breed the initial pair of test cats to create boxes while the first baby is growing and revealing the hid, that way we have back ups should the first baby reveal the wrong hidden. Its not a fast process unfortunately and unless the potential hidden fur is provably pure on the parent the hid always needs to be pulled.
Your one breed supposition would be better had the Purple Kiwi shown over the Bali Blue as well. That it didn't is a clear indication that at least one cat didn't pass the shown fur so that means hids need to be pulled to see which cats passed shown and which passed hid.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)