Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Budgeting Help for Breeders!
03-26-2012, 02:54 AM
Question Budgeting Help for Breeders!
Hey guys! My friend was at the breeding class today at Juiceberry, and along with being super informative and prepared - the professors also gave out a budgeting notecard, that had information on the exact costs of feeding and housing KittyCatS!

The information was great, but I wanted a more personalized estimate, so I did what any OCD accounting major would do and made a spreadsheet!

The only problem is, I put it together at like 3am, so I'm positive I've messed it up somehow, or left something out... either way I'd really like some input before using it and making it available to other breeders! I know that it can never be perfect (i.e. right now it doesn't take into account the fact that kittens don't drink milk.)

If you don't mind, take a look and see if you can spot any mistakes, and if you have any ideas on what should be added or other helpful calculations that you'd like added, let me know!

This is just the first version so please don't make any life altering decisions based on it, haha it might not be right! Also, I hope people don't take this as me trying to convince people KittyCatS are expensive - it's completely the opposite!! I think that if people have a better idea of what they put into their cats, they'll be more reluctant to undersell their cats, and that could have a positive effect on the market Big Grin

Attached File(s)
.xlsx  Kittycats Maitenence Calculator.xlsx (Size: 38.11 KB / Downloads: 127)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Bea Shamrock
03-27-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Budgeting Help for Breeders!
Great little spreadsheet Teresa and very helpful to see what we actually spend on cats. Thank you for taking the time to create this. The only thing I couldn't grasp was how having a certain amount of kitten boxes will affect the weekly cost, since boxes don't eat food. When I added my 1300 odd boxes you can imagine the price rose significantly. Big Grin

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-27-2012, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2012 08:20 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Wow, thank you Teresa!
I hope this helps to create awareness for people to not sell theit kitties to cheap even if the market is a little slow.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

03-27-2012, 09:01 AM
(03-27-2012 08:15 AM)Khea Karas Wrote:  Great little spreadsheet Teresa and very helpful to see what we actually spend on cats. Thank you for taking the time to create this. The only thing I couldn't grasp was how having a certain amount of kitten boxes will affect the weekly cost, since boxes don't eat food. When I added my 1300 odd boxes you can imagine the price rose significantly. Big Grin

The idea was that if you had kitten boxes rezzed at home they're taking up your residential prims, which adds to your land cost, but I'll double check that field!

Thanks!
03-28-2012, 04:17 PM
(03-27-2012 09:01 AM)Teresa Republic Wrote:  
(03-27-2012 08:15 AM)Khea Karas Wrote:  Great little spreadsheet Teresa and very helpful to see what we actually spend on cats. Thank you for taking the time to create this. The only thing I couldn't grasp was how having a certain amount of kitten boxes will affect the weekly cost, since boxes don't eat food. When I added my 1300 odd boxes you can imagine the price rose significantly. Big Grin

The idea was that if you had kitten boxes rezzed at home they're taking up your residential prims, which adds to your land cost, but I'll double check that field!

Thanks!

Ohh right! yes ofc that makes sense. It was just my brain couldnt work it out lol. But I really love your spreadsheet. Its nice to have a real time visual of total costs. Very clever Smile

03-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm scared to look and figure mine out LOL

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
03-28-2012, 05:44 PM
(03-28-2012 04:34 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  I'm scared to look and figure mine out LOL

Me too *ééééépsss*

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

03-28-2012, 05:44 PM
(03-28-2012 04:34 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  I'm scared to look and figure mine out LOL

lol yeh I nearly died when i saw mine Big Grin

04-02-2012, 04:22 PM
you don't have separate input boxes for how many home prims I have, only how many market prims I have. Also, all market prims aren't equal. The cottages at Too Adorable cost more per prim than the carts, so you might need two or even more market input boxes for prim costs.
04-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Awesome spreadsheet Teresa. I like it. If you need help let me know. As to the milk for kittens you can do a conditional/equation for (kitties >7 days) to weed them out the total for milk consumption. For the prims you might add a colum/cells for doing an average cost down to the 3rd decimal to put into it and equal out.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)