Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Buying kibble
08-21-2018, 05:43 AM
Buying kibble
I just bought some more Kibble through the cattery. I had 850 'purchased K$', and have 0 'menagerie K$', yet when buying I got the prompt:

Do you want to buy Kitty Kibble Food?
This will use some of your Menagerie Kitty Dollars!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2018, 01:53 AM
RE: Buying kibble
Do you have it enabled so that you use menagerie K$ on non menagerie items?

Come grab a cat at Kitten Haven!
08-24-2018, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2018 08:23 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
I think the comment is that the warning appeared at all since it can't use 0.

When I first saw this, that was my reaction: "Oh, look, someone else who notices silly little edge condition bugs."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2018, 04:45 AM
No, I have none of those checkboxes checked.

Perhaps very very few folks have no menagerie $$, so this case hasn't been checked, that's why this bug is there? :-)
08-31-2018, 08:21 AM
The bug is just like the bug in <large, well-known store's> point-of-sale system, many years ago, when you'd use a store credit to purchase, and, if it came up to exactly zero balance due, and, if the cashier pushed Credit instead of Cash Tendered, would not finish out the sale until putting in a card and waiting for a zero-balance transaction to be authorized. Needless to say, in the Real World, bugs like that get caught and fixed early on because they're just unseemly. But, as a project manager, I absolutely LOVED spending ten or twenty minutes on them, and why alpha-testing is important, at the morning team meeting.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2018, 01:01 AM
I have the checkbox for using menagerie dollars unticked, but I keep getting this warning every time I try to buy kibble or vitamins without sufficient non-menagerie K$.

I would have expected it to use my L$, as I *do* have that option ticked.

I haven't actually tried to buy any when this warning is showing, in case it's telling the truth!
10-28-2018, 03:11 AM
I actually have the use L$ box checked and a 0 balance on my purchased K$ and everytime I buy in the cattery I get told it will use menagerie dollars. It never does, it always processes the sale using my inworld L$ balance as its supposed to. This has occured ever since they added the option to use L$ to pay so I guess its either a bug or someone neglected to update the system not to give out that message when the L$ box is checked.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)