08-12-2018, 02:07 AM
RE: TIGER NEW EARS ? I THINK :) Ears: Tiger Fold
Congrats on the new ear Setiaa Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Setiaa Resident
08-12-2018, 02:42 AM
Congrats on the new ear. Also still hoping on a pedigree :-)
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
08-13-2018, 02:29 AM
RE: TIGER NEW EARS Pedigree
I got this Tiger Fold by backbreeding. Here is the pedigree.

[Image: 1117e7ce1f8288778eca4f687f470c28.png]
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Flair Daxeline , Peaches Latrell , Sannctuary Resident , Songdog Woolley , Luckylady Llewellyn , Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain
08-13-2018, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2018 03:07 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
Thanks! Looks like they are recessive to Equine, and since you bred back with the parent, they COULD be a new most recessive ear. NOT saying that they are, just that they could be.

This helps so much in regard to deciding what I should do regarding testing these Tigers and certain OS:

I'd give you 1000 Thanks if I could!!

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2018, 03:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2018 03:24 AM by aidenvaIeska Resident.)
(08-13-2018 02:54 AM)MsMagick Resident Wrote:  Thanks! Looks like they are recessive to Equine, and since you bred back with the parent, they COULD be a new most recessive ear. NOT saying that they are, just that they could be.

This helps so much in regard to deciding what I should do regarding testing these Tigers and certain OS:

I'm going to test the starter against a really prett tufted and see what happens!
(08-13-2018 02:54 AM)MsMagick Resident Wrote:  Thanks! Looks like they are recessive to Equine, and since you bred back with the parent, they COULD be a new most recessive ear. NOT saying that they are, just that they could be.

Oh and now I am Really curious about the hidden fur!
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley
08-13-2018, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2018 11:24 AM by Songdog Woolley.)
(08-13-2018 03:23 AM)aidenvaIeska Resident Wrote:  

I'm going to test the starter against a really prett tufted and see what happens!

Just a share, so far nothing to see here - BUT - I will be breeding Michaelyn back to Hobart to see what pops out, Tufted or something new:

[Image: 011f99770d293a78822370f1fa31c014.png]
 Thanks given by: aidenvaIeska Resident
08-13-2018, 01:34 PM

[/quote]

Just a share, so far nothing to see here - BUT - I will be breeding Michaelyn back to Hobart to see what pops out, Tufted or something new:

[/quote]

Oh nice, I have 2 that have returned Tufted and I am curious and hopeful that when backbred they will give me this tiger curl (IF I ever get the right gender!) Thanks for the info
08-13-2018, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018 09:17 AM by Songdog Woolley.)
(08-13-2018 01:34 PM)aidenvaIeska Resident Wrote:  Oh and now I am Really curious about the hidden fur!

[/quote]

Oh nice, I have 2 that have returned Tufted and I am curious and hopeful that when backbred they will give me this tiger curl (IF I ever get the right gender!) Thanks for the info
[/quote]

When a starter gives me back the current most-recessive, I like to breed that starter back to one of its kittens that ISN'T showing that current most-recessive (and of course, not the starter's gen trait), that way, you know that both the starter and the kitten are hiding what the starter hides. If it's that current most-recessive, in this case, Tufted, you know immediately and your work is done, the starter hides Tufted. If you breed back to a kitten showing Tufted, and the new kitten shows Tufted, this tells you nothing, and you either wait for that 25% of the time they both throw their recessive and it turns up to be something new or if it ISN'T something new and is indeed Tufted, you'll get that Tufted back every time but still not know for sure. YES, of course you can find something new that way, but it really is depending on a combination of persistence and pure luck in equal quantities! I feel that I save kibble money, frustration, and possibly time by getting an opposite sex kitten with a trait more dominant than the current most recessive. Once that most recessive trait shows up from a breeding to a starter, I immediately switch mates on that starter to a cat with a more dominant "target" trait and once it gives me an opposite sex kitten with ANY trait more dominant than the most-recessive in the trait you're testing for - there's your mate that will tell you what you want to know without needless blind breedings with a most-recessive. Just my method, ymmv :-)
(08-13-2018 01:53 PM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  
(08-13-2018 01:34 PM)aidenvaIeska Resident Wrote:  Oh and now I am Really curious about the hidden fur!

[/quote]

When a starter gives me back the current most-recessive, I like to breed that starter back to one of its kittens that ISN'T showing that current most-recessive (and of course, not the starter's gen trait), that way, you know that both the starter and the kitten are hiding what the starter hides. If it's that current most-recessive, in this case, Tufted, you know immediately and your work is done, the starter hides Tufted. If you breed back to a kitten showing Tufted, and the new kitten shows Tufted, this tells you nothing, and you either wait for that 25% of the time they both throw their recessive and it turns up to be something new or if it ISN'T something new and is indeed Tufted, you'll get that Tufted back every time but still not know for sure. YES, of course you can find something new that way, but it really is depending on a combination of persistence and pure luck in equal quantities! I feel that I save kibble money, frustration, and possibly time by getting an opposite sex kitten with a trait more dominant than the current most recessive. Once that most recessive trait shows up from a breeding to a starter, I immediately switch mates on that starter to a cat with a more dominant "target" trait and once it gives me an opposite sex kitten with ANY trait more dominant than the most-recessive in the trait you're testing for - there's your mate that will tell you what you want to know without needless blind breedings with a most-recessive. Just my method, ymmv :-)
[/quote]

Also, in any case where you suspect that there might be something new in the starter, NEVER menagerie a kitten showing ANY non-gen in that trait. If you do indeed find something new, every single kitten of that starter showing a non-gen trait in the trait position you're testing will hide that new trait.
 Thanks given by: Luckylady Llewellyn , Morgan Trevellion , Ivy Norsk
08-18-2018, 03:30 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Also, in any case where you suspect that there might be something new in the starter, NEVER menagerie a kitten showing ANY non-gen in that trait. If you do indeed find something new, every single kitten of that starter showing a non-gen trait in the trait position you're testing will hide that new trait.
[/quote]

Am doing exactly that myself this week with one that gave Tufted, he will backbreed to his Scotty Fold daughter so if I get lucky on Tuesday we may know Smile or he may just hide Tufted Big Grin
Also had one that has given me a pair of Equines to an Equine Dad so those are open and growing while she goes to Tufted.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)