Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

KittyCatS 101 Classes - Getting Started with KittyCats *RECAP*
08-04-2018, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2018 07:58 PM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
KittyCatS 101 Classes - Getting Started with KittyCats *RECAP*
You can access the general overview of most of the slides and dialogue used in our KittyCatS 101 Class - Getting Started with KittyCatS in our manual here.

Below are paraphrased questions that came up during the version of this class that was held on July 29, 2018, as well as answers to those questions.

If I missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment below or shoot me a message. Thanks!

Q: If you put your cat in your inventory and it gets sick, how do you make them well?
A: You can cure a sick cat instantly using a Healthy Cat/Get Well vitamin. The cat will also need food to avoid getting sick again. You can also make sure the cat has food available, and it will eat and get well on its own after 7 days.

Q: Do I have to buy medication when they get sick or will they get well just by eating?
A: They will get well just by eating. The Get Well vitamin is just an option if you do not want to wait 7 days.

Q: How much is the Get Well vitamin?
A: 290L

Q: How long does it take cats to get sick?
A: 3 days without food (or without being able to access their food)

Q: Can you manually fill the MeowMat? And is it copiable?
A: The MeowMat is copiable. It is set to AutoFill by default, if you disable AutoFill, then you can add food and milk bowls to the mat by rezzing the bowl and selecting the To Supply button in the bowl's menu.

Q: If I set my meow mat to cover the sim and everyone's cats, and someone decides to have their own food mat, does my mat override theirs?
A: No. The cats will pick a bowl/mat to eat from and then eat from that bowl/mat until the food is finished. They will not "double-dip" so they won't eat from both bowls at the same time.

Q: What is the price of the MeowMat?
A: 499L

Q: Is it possible to get cats that were released in the past, like past collections?
A: Not directly from KittyCatS. Our collections are only available for a limited time. However the same cats can often be found in the secondary market for sale or at auctions. You can also post in the Wanted section of our forums to see if anyone has the kind of cat you are looking for.

Q: How long is starter food viable?
A: Our food should last forever. We did do an update in October of 2016 that required an update of our food, milk, and vitamins, however we have an exchange program in place to replace outdated items. Unfortunately old starter food can't be replaced anymore because of the way the exchange process works.

Q: When cats reach 100% love, do they continue to drink milk?
A: Yes, because the milk provides a boost to their Happiness. So they keep drinking it to keep their Happiness up. The increased Love gain is an effect of their Happiness being high due to the boost.

Q: If you cuddle your kitty will they drink milk as well?
A: Yes, so it is recommended that you do one or the other to supply the boost (though you're welcome to cuddle your cats regardless since they do like it!)

Q: Can you put boxes into the Cattery?
A: Yes! In fact the Online Cattery is a GREAT place for storing your kitten boxes! We highly recommend keeping them there.

Q: Has KittyCats considered doing a SkellyCat shoulderpet for H'ween?
A: Possibly! We're always cooking up new ideas so I will pass the suggestion along to our Admin team.

Q: How are cats posed for display that aren't among the Pose options (ex. standing pawing at the air)?
A: Sometimes in our displays we might use "dummy" cats that are unscripted and can have their parts manipulated to be in various positions not found in the Pose menu.

Q: When you 'perm' your pet, you no longer get auto-notification of any updates for KittyCats. Will this change? If not then you should add that to your class notes
A: I believe our next update is supposed to fix this but am not positive. I'll be sure to remind the Admin team about this just in case!

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: New2017 Resident , Khitten Kurka
08-06-2018, 12:57 PM
RE: KittyCatS 101 Classes - Getting Started with KittyCats *RECAP*
Kitten,

Thank you so much for this. It is so helpful to those of us who can't get to your class in-world. I appreciate you posting this up here.

Thanks again,
Damaras
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)