Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Fur - Australian Mist - Ginger
12-12-2018, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2018 07:46 AM by AubsCookie Resident.)
RE: New Fur - Australian Mist - Ginger
[Image: a1e5334f0aee7da4daea6f5dc66bef04.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain
12-12-2018, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2018 10:00 AM by Ivy Norsk.)
The big question here is what does Alia hide?
We know that 9T Aussie Ginger hides toyger caramel or better.
So when Take me home (a tawny) mates with 9T Aussie... does Alia actually hide the Aussie ginger or does Alia hide the toyger caramel or better?
Because if Alia hides the caramel, then what we are seeing is a caramel pop out from Alia which is then covered by 9T Aussie's fur on the new born kitten.

But if Alia hides the aussie ginger... well then we know that toyger tawny is dominant to aussie ginger.
You need to run Alia with a toyger snow or something like that.

Thank you Aubs, you have an ideal tester cat.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
12-12-2018, 10:04 AM
(12-12-2018 09:56 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  The big question here is what does Alia hide?
We know that 9T Aussie Ginger hides toyger caramel or better.
So when Take me home (a tawny) mates with 9T Aussie... does Alia actually hide the Aussie ginger or does Alia hide the toyger caramel or better?
Because if Alia hides the caramel, then what we are seeing is a caramel pop out from Alia which is then covered by 9T Aussie's fur on the new born kitten.

But if Alia hides the aussie ginger... well then we know that toyger tawny is dominant to aussie ginger.
You need to run Alia with a toyger snow or something like that.

Thank you Aubs, you have an ideal tester cat.

Next breeding Ill put Alia with my toyger snow to confirm. Take me home was breed with the Aussie and all off springs were Tawny- no aussie or the caramel hiding back there.
12-12-2018, 10:15 AM
AubsCookie Wrote:Take me home was breed with the Aussie and all off springs were Tawny- no aussie or the caramel hiding back there.

That is very encouraging. One of those offsprings likely holds the proof. I hope it's Alia.

12-12-2018, 10:32 AM
I have been breeding AM - Ginger with Toyger - Tawny also, 2 babies born before Mum aged out and both were Toyger - Tawny, first baby hid Toyger Caramel not AM - Ginger as Dad passed his hidden, second breeds for the first time tomorrow so I might have an answer tomorrow.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
12-13-2018, 09:01 AM
And My Toyger - Tawny passed Toyger - Caramel same as her sister so I'll be breeding her to a Ginger to try again. Hope you have better luck with yours Aubs Smile

Forum Based Charts

12-23-2018, 06:40 PM
[Image: 31b379f2ab54029aadcbea46088541d6.png]

Adelbert hides Toyger Tawny, and Charcoal pulled it, which suggests Ginger is between Tawny and Chocolate Silver Shaded.

Am I reading that right?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-23-2018, 07:53 PM
Yes! I believe you've placed it!

We know that Aussie Mist Charcoals is recessive to the Tawny (as is the caramel that the charcoal might hide) therefore the Toyger Tawny had to come from the other side. It must have been hiding underneath the Aussie ginger. And if the Ginger can hide the Tawny, then the Ginger is dominant to the Tawny. And if the Aussie Ginger is dominant to the Toyger Tawny then this fur is Placed, right below the Burmilla Chocolate Silver Shaded.

12-24-2018, 04:45 AM
Yay, congrats that is indeed placed, so glad I checked here before popping my Aussie Ginger just born to a Tawny Mum Smile

Forum Based Charts

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)