Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Regarding Proofs
07-22-2018, 08:57 AM
Regarding Proofs
Hi everyone
I'd just like to address something about why we require absolute proofs.
While I have no doubt that many breeders know their lines inside out and that when they say thats all thats there it really is, we do need to see a proof that we can look back on in the future, when said breeder may have left KittyCats or the chart admins have changed, and be able to say oh yes this is definitely right, not do we need to contact a person who mayhave left SL to find out if their line predated a more recessive newer trait.

I have an exapmle here that shows you that no matter how sure someone can be its not always enough.

Meet AirWrecka. I bought her at auction, both the seller and the auctioneer called her Solid, not pure becae we have no proof, but Solid because as far back as both could look there was no other fur in the pedigrees

[Image: d79b9575a560d9c6c5137970dc405182.png]

Heres a gyazo of AirWrecka on a profiler giving us those lovely across the board Russian Whites

[Image: 054c5a5178415fb09ec83bfb6c115d1b.png]

And meet AirWrecka's babies, all have the same Father a Foxie - Argyle

[Image: 26079c91d5bbcc2908f75600339424a8.png]

in 3 babies I have not a single Russian - White despite it being the dominant fur

here is a shot of the charts with the 3 furs circled so theres no doubt at all that the Russian White was hiding Australian Mist - Dark Chocolate

[Image: 3188797ac146ff69069a367dfd4d6ad7.png]

For the record the Foxie - Argyle hides Burmilla - Lilac Shaded or more recessive directly from his mother.

I did of course contact the breeder to let her know, I'm not at all upset, the Babies I'm getting are gorgeous.

So when we ask you for more information on background pedigrees or to pull hiddens back out to check this is why, had I bred her to an unplaced fur and assumed Russian White hid I could well have been wrong, if I use her now though I can say absolutely the cat hides at least Australian Mist - Dark Chocolate POSSIBLY Russian - White but I'd need to check which.

I'm hearing that the Chart Admins are too picky or are putting people off posting by saying things aren't good enough, well don't be put off. Every pedigree posted helps even if its not a proof because it helps others know where to start their testing or what cats might be ok to trait up their new stuff. Plus its a great chance to show off your new cats Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Barry Ballyhoo , Illuminatra Resident , Flair Daxeline , Morgan Trevellion , Ivy Norsk , Ellen Ireland , Tad Carlucci , MsMagick Resident , Navaar Morningstar , Jelly Supply

Messages In This Thread
Regarding Proofs - Arwen Swordthain - 07-22-2018 08:57 AM
RE: Regarding Proofs - Ivy Norsk - 07-23-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: Regarding Proofs - Tad Carlucci - 07-23-2018, 02:41 PM
RE: Regarding Proofs - Arwen Swordthain - 07-24-2018, 01:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)