Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New fur! Tiger Lavender
08-28-2018, 07:55 AM
RE: New fur! Tiger Lavender
(08-28-2018 07:40 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Yeah, no. I don't think 9T TBL can be hiding Burmilla CSS, if only because it is a 9T with fully established traits... had to be a predating line that Fabio had.

Well we will know for sure in approximately two weeks....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2018, 08:36 AM
I know for certain that the first Burmilla - Chocolate Silver shaded that Fabio sold was at Auction some months after discovery, however I don't expect anyone to take my word for it. I will however drop bauer a message asking if he has pedigrees for sarita and Gilton, it might clear things up a bit faster.
Regarding likelihood, did I not know Fabio hadn't sold one in the time frame we are looking at, he pulled one cat from a starter most likely via a backbreed, that cat will have had to wait 2 weeks before it could breed and would not have been a 9T cat, even if he did produce others in the 2 weeks he was waiting via backbreeding we all know it takes longer to get a cat from starter to 9T than a month. I can't say for sure that Fabio didn't sell a hider BEFORE he pulled the fur but knowing him as well as I do I can say it was highly unlikely, of course he might have sold a known hider after he found it, but again knowing Fabio I'm fairly sure he wouldn't have done that either because it would have started a race to sell the first and we all know him well enough to know his find his first sale at auction.
Of course my knowledge of Fabio and what he sold when makes no difference to any proof. At this point until we get either more pedigrees from bauer or a pull from Angharad we can only be 99.9% certain. Its enough for me to stop my tests until we get that though. I think we all believe the TBL line to be pure but we are missing that final smoking gun proof that it is, because however unlikely its theoretically possible Burmilla CSS could hide.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
08-28-2018, 01:17 PM
I have gotten to 9T in a month one time. A Coal hiding in a Uber gave me 6T right away and the offspring gave me all 9T. I also recently pulled 8T out of a starter but both are really lucky pulls.
08-29-2018, 01:29 AM
(08-28-2018 01:17 PM)MitsuruKirijo06 Resident Wrote:  I have gotten to 9T in a month one time. A Coal hiding in a Uber gave me 6T right away and the offspring gave me all 9T. I also recently pulled 8T out of a starter but both are really lucky pulls.

I think we all get those lucky pulls ocasionally, I did with Burmilla - Blue Shaded, but generally it takes a lot longer esp with recessive because of the backbreeding involved.

Forum Based Charts

09-04-2018, 05:58 AM
Am posting this for GiGi
A lovely clear proof that Tiger! - Lavender is dominant to Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded.

2 Tiger! - Lavenders had a Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded

[Image: 13ca8ec65e3ea3407178dc1155649d86.png]

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Songdog Woolley
09-04-2018, 04:49 PM
(09-04-2018 05:58 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  Am posting this for GiGi
A lovely clear proof that Tiger! - Lavender is dominant to Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded.

2 Tiger! - Lavenders had a Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded

[Image: 13ca8ec65e3ea3407178dc1155649d86.png]

Okay so clue me in on what I need to breed my Lavender girl to to fix placement at this point since we are sure that Lavender is dominant to Burmilla CSS. She just hit 7 days so I can start looking for an appropriate mate.
09-05-2018, 12:44 AM
(09-04-2018 04:49 PM)AngharadTruthsayer Resident Wrote:  Okay so clue me in on what I need to breed my Lavender girl to to fix placement at this point since we are sure that Lavender is dominant to Burmilla CSS. She just hit 7 days so I can start looking for an appropriate mate.

At this point you can use a Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded or anything below it in the charts, I usually use one with other traits I want on the fur, since its rare for the hidden fur to pass first time I use as an opportunity to add other traits to the fur and if I get lucky first time even better Smile

Forum Based Charts

09-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Arwen, I may be misunderstanding your answer, but I don't think that's what she's asking? I think her question was, now that this particular proof was completed by someone else, what fur should she try next in order to be the most helpful to the placement effort. (Did I read that right, Angharad?)
09-05-2018, 08:01 PM
(09-05-2018 06:22 PM)ShannonSpoonhunter Resident Wrote:  Arwen, I may be misunderstanding your answer, but I don't think that's what she's asking? I think her question was, now that this particular proof was completed by someone else, what fur should she try next in order to be the most helpful to the placement effort. (Did I read that right, Angharad?)

Yes, you did. I don't want to duplicate something that someone else is already in the process of doing.
09-05-2018, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2018 08:09 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
Angharad has a lavender tiger which is almost certainly hiding tonkinese blue mink - which almost certainly places lavender above tonk blue mink.

Reposting the pedigree:
[Image: e9c5a04ba1392369677abb43a1040b34.png]

She just has to pull the hidden on that cat, and the discussion in the case of that pedigree was whether it was tonk blue mink pure or could there be any burmilla CSS in the line. Any fur recessive to burmilla CSS should work to show which fur is hiding. With the new proof that lavender is dominant to Burmilla CSS (which we expected if we really think it's dominant to Tonk Blue Mink), it means that Angharad could use a Burmilla CSS to pull and not have the waters be muddied on the pedigree. And yet, because there's a chance that her lavender hides Burm CSS (though that chance seems very small) I think it's still best if Angharad pulls with a fur recessive to Burmilla CSS, like Toyger Tawny or below.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)