Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New fur! Tiger Lavender
07-31-2018, 05:44 AM
RE: New fur! Tiger Lavender
Dominant to Toyger - Coal

Aldwyn hides Toyger - Coal, pulled by Burmilla - Lilac Shaded known to be recessive to Toyger - Coal

[Image: 0d1c191e96e8f6f3a6485d8a55346f18.png]

Aldwyns daughter Marcela shows her mothers Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded and therefore hides his Toyger - Coal.
She bred with a Tiger! - Lavender and the baby was a Tiger! - Lavender

[Image: 906d5bdf601900264c650ac2eaa0467e.png]

Because we know she hides Toyger - Coal we know that this Tiger! - Lavender hides either Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded or Toyger - Coal, so must be dominant to Toyger - Coal.
I will be checking to see which fur actually hides in case its the Burmilla - Chocolate Silver Shaded.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2018, 11:00 PM
Tiger! - Lavender is recessive to Toyger - Silver.

Gilbert, who has been a very good boy and passed his hidden Tiger! fur again, has this time produced a kitten with the Tiger! - Lavender fur hidden behind the more dominant Toyger - Silver fur.

[Image: 107580cb3b871556f57967f8ba52672c.png]

[Image: 08ddffa00371bd2816ec485e4edd065e.png]

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell , Barry Ballyhoo , Songdog Woolley , Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain
08-10-2018, 06:36 PM
So, I'm not sure I should mention this here because I don't have the proof finished quite yet -- give me another week (or two if someone's a brat and throw's a genesis) but I *think* we're gonna see Lavender recessive to Burmilla red silver shaded. I have enough info to make a really good educated guess, so I'm putting it out there in case somebody else might find the direction helpful in their process. I can delete if we only want absolute proofs on the thread.
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley
08-11-2018, 02:05 AM
(08-10-2018 06:36 PM)ShannonSpoonhunter Resident Wrote:  So, I'm not sure I should mention this here because I don't have the proof finished quite yet -- give me another week (or two if someone's a brat and throw's a genesis) but I *think* we're gonna see Lavender recessive to Burmilla red silver shaded. I have enough info to make a really good educated guess, so I'm putting it out there in case somebody else might find the direction helpful in their process. I can delete if we only want absolute proofs on the thread.

Thank you. Its always helpful to know who is testing what and the interim pedigrees on the way to a proof are often posted. It helps later to show the journey from discovery to placement and can be a great learning tool for new breeders and testers. We often post the babies ee are checking. Sometimes we then post a proof and often just a reply saying wrong hidden.
Also as you said it can help others in their process as well as making sure we aren’t all running the same tests

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley
08-11-2018, 08:13 AM
Perhaps this can be useful. Tiger Lavender is more dominant than Toyger - Caramel. Megara has all the solid traits.

[Image: f79be0110e31c9b629e9361241eccfcf.png]
08-11-2018, 09:27 AM
Thank you. At this point I've seen lots of suggestive evidence that tiger! lavender is dominant to toyger caramel. I've also seen evidence of it being consistently pulled by bengal blue - but not the solid proof the the line was pure.

We're really looking for smoking guns at this point. If we could get really solid proofs that lavender is recessive to the burmilla red and dominant to bengal blue, this baby would be PLaced.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
08-12-2018, 04:06 PM
(08-11-2018 09:27 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Thank you. At this point I've seen lots of suggestive evidence that tiger! lavender is dominant to toyger caramel. I've also seen evidence of it being consistently pulled by bengal blue - but not the solid proof the the line was pure.

We're really looking for smoking guns at this point. If we could get really solid proofs that lavender is recessive to the burmilla red and dominant to bengal blue, this baby would be PLaced.

I've had two Lavendar/Burmilla RSS pairings pop out a Burmilla RSS -- but I don't have a smoking gun yet as far as proof the (very solid) burmillas aren't hiding something else.
08-14-2018, 06:17 AM
[Image: 4d311cc6eaf5b9dd841888ea0a617c2c.png]
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain , Evolving Yin , Mirsoul Resident
08-14-2018, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2018 07:45 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
That’s a nice definitive proof. Thank you!

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
08-16-2018, 08:30 PM
(08-11-2018 09:27 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Thank you. At this point I've seen lots of suggestive evidence that tiger! lavender is dominant to toyger caramel. I've also seen evidence of it being consistently pulled by bengal blue - but not the solid proof the the line was pure.

I had a kitten today that is Burmilla RSS and its other parent is a birthday starter cat hiding Bengal blue! So if I can get a tiger to cooperate, I think I can get this gun to smoke.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)