Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

PERMAPET
05-20-2018, 02:21 PM
PERMAPET
Just a thought kitty cats. You should follow the lead of ABC and let the cats pet out at 120 days. Or 140 days like ABC. After buying the cats and feeding the cats for 120 days that's an awful lot of money and then you wanna charge to permapet as well? Do away with the permapet at any age option so you make sure you make money off food, but then let them pet out for free. Just a thought that I know would make a lot of people HAPPY!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Fuyutsuki Resident , 999ShadowCat999 Resident , Azure Demina , Flair Daxeline , Barry Ballyhoo , Tad Carlucci , kumikotaikomachi Resident , Peaches Latrell , GhostCollective Resident , Cloe Osterham , Minx Diabolito , Setiaa Resident , Priestess Firanelli , AstridSolace Resident , princesspoison100 Resident , MarissaCloud Resident , XiledSol Resident
05-24-2018, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2018 01:14 PM by MegaRose Resident.)
RE: PERMAPET
I'm still fairly new to Kittycats and very new to the secondary market but I imagine that an easier way to permapet would be a good way to expand the customer base. A lot of people don't care about breedables but do care about cute cats. Feeding and breeding for traits is too much time and effort for some, but the way Kittycats move around and can be played with gives them a charm that static mesh animal decorations don't have. A lot of people would probably be willing to buy a permapetted cat if the price on them was lower. Some people just want a cat that looks like their IRL cat and don't care about trait rarity. If more cats are sold to non-breeders, that's fewer cats that get sent to the menagerie, which would potentially raise the market value of menagerie cats. Seems like a win for everyone, since people who can't afford to permapet or feed older cats are just going to put them in their inventory and not spend money on them at all.
 Thanks given by: baycitydude Resident , Ellen Ireland , Cloe Osterham , Minx Diabolito , Setiaa Resident , Priestess Firanelli
05-24-2018, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2018 04:12 PM by Ellen Ireland.)
MegaRose has a good point. When selling a permapet, we currently have to build in the 1500L permapetting cost to the price, so we can't sell them for less than 2000 or so without taking a pretty hard hit, and many people are selling cats for 100L and under. So, the new folks will tend to buy the cheaper cats at first, since it looks like a better deal, but then they will become discouraged by the cost of food. The free cats are a great introduction to KittyCats for new people, and I'm very happy to hear that there will be a SL15B cat, yay! - but the "discouraged by the cost of food" problem still applies, and being able to sell permapets at a lower price would also be a great help at getting people to fall in love with these amazing kitties.

Edited to add: It was the pre-permapetted Firestorm 2015 cat that got me hooked on KittyCats!

Thanks given by: Cloe Osterham , baycitydude Resident , Minx Diabolito , Azure Demina , Setiaa Resident , Priestess Firanelli
06-11-2018, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2018 10:59 AM by Kikii Littlepaws.)
Okay, so I was talking about permapet with Corvi today (thanks, Corvi, for the great chat, again!) and we had a thought. We have permapet, and we have permapet 120, which makes cats older than breeding age slightly cheaper to permapet. This is a nice thing, we appreciate that it's a little cheaper once they are past breeding.

We also totally understand that KittyCats team feels like it's very inexpensive to feed a non-breeding cat... it really is.

But, what if, since we have a PermaPet 120, there was an option for PermaPet 750? What if *that one* was really cheap?

I went for 750 as an example amount, because that's just over 2 years old. For the cost of *one* PermaPet 120, you *can* feed *one* pet cat for just about 2 years. That is really awesome - until I guess you get greedy? And you want to have say ... 20 cats - collection or special to you, whatever - 20 out. If you are budgeting carefully, like I am, to keep your hobby going, that means you have to scale back your breeding cats by 10 to keep the costs the same. 5 less pairs of breeders for you. Sad

I don't know, maybe I'm just being super greedy, but every time I peek into my cattery and see all the 2+ year old collection cats that I *wish* could have out in world, and not be impacting my breeding capacity, it just makes me a little sad.

Auctioneer: Sundae Sweet Treats (Sun 10AM) | Kiki Kat Treasures (Mon 9AM)
"Once you have been in the dark, you learn to appreciate everything that shines."
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Setiaa Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Priestess Firanelli , AstridSolace Resident , princesspoison100 Resident , baycitydude Resident , MarissaCloud Resident
06-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Kiki, that's a wonderful idea. That would also enhance the preservation of the older collector kitties, and we all want to make sure they don't disappear!

Thanks given by: baycitydude Resident
06-15-2018, 03:51 AM
(06-11-2018 10:58 AM)Micaela Lemondrop Wrote:  Okay, so I was talking about permapet with Corvi today (thanks, Corvi, for the great chat, again!) and we had a thought. We have permapet, and we have permapet 120, which makes cats older than breeding age slightly cheaper to permapet. This is a nice thing, we appreciate that it's a little cheaper once they are past breeding.

We also totally understand that KittyCats team feels like it's very inexpensive to feed a non-breeding cat... it really is.

But, what if, since we have a PermaPet 120, there was an option for PermaPet 750? What if *that one* was really cheap?

I went for 750 as an example amount, because that's just over 2 years old. For the cost of *one* PermaPet 120, you *can* feed *one* pet cat for just about 2 years. That is really awesome - until I guess you get greedy? And you want to have say ... 20 cats - collection or special to you, whatever - 20 out. If you are budgeting carefully, like I am, to keep your hobby going, that means you have to scale back your breeding cats by 10 to keep the costs the same. 5 less pairs of breeders for you. Sad

I don't know, maybe I'm just being super greedy, but every time I peek into my cattery and see all the 2+ year old collection cats that I *wish* could have out in world, and not be impacting my breeding capacity, it just makes me a little sad.

I agree and like this because when u already have a cat 120 and feed the cat all the time i think it would be fair for the cats what u have already 4 months and feed to make the price down and 750 L$ its still alot but this would be a good price and Callie would sell still continue food because alot continue brreeding and she would sell more permapet because of a better price Smile) Thank you Micaela and all other for this post <333
 Thanks given by: baycitydude Resident
06-23-2018, 10:43 AM
Since I love to breed my Pusses to see what I can make, I have 50 pairs or more going most of the time, which is over 100 US dollars a month in real cash for just the food and milk (not any other vitamins I may want to use). I am grateful we don't have to pay to Break the pairs and that "break-free" is now offered to unpair any match, regardless the limit of days paired, unlike it was last year.

With regard to Perma-pet, I have spent a lot of cash to keep a pet in my Cattery and rotate it with the seasons or bring them out to enjoy that fur for a bit and play with that Puss. However, it may be time to rethink permanent feeding of a kitty that cannot breed. I am upset to think that I could not afford to keep feeding my very first Pusses and had sent them to menagerie ... until I figured out that I could stash that special puss in inventory and let it wait until I wanted to see it again, before bringing out to feed and make it well.

Many breed-ables I have had in the past were NO FEED after their breeding period was up; or (with BioBreed) you have a one prim "food" bag on your land, which keeps your pet alive. I would rather spend money to buy more kitties or open boxes I have saved to breed those Pusses and trait-up to the newer features from older generations, than to continue paying to feed my Kitties after their 120 day cycles.

I'm really thinking whether or not it may be time to let our post-120 day Pusses go Perma without cost, which will let us all spend that additional cash on making more kitties. Just my thoughts ... economics is tough and to continue paying for "more" is getting tougher. This KittyCatS breedable is the best on the market to date, and it would be a shame to see people get discouraged from having some Kittens because they cannot afford post-120 day Perma.

Best wishes and be well,
Luckylady Llewellyn

Best wishes and be well!
Luckylady Llewellyn
 Thanks given by: HalcyonMeadowlark Resident , baycitydude Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)