Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Easter Cats
03-19-2012, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 09:53 AM by Justice Bulloch.)
RE: Easter Cats
(03-19-2012 04:24 AM)Ifoni Kembla Wrote:  Id just like to point out that when kittycats was new last year no one moaned about the releases of the Vday - St Paddys & Easter cats so close together, maybe it was cos they was new, but also remember easter is the last holiday untill halloween so we wont be seeing any more new release probably untill the end of the year, it just seen like we are getting alot now due to all the holidays being at one end of the year.

My auctions are still very popular and I am having no issues selling for good prices Smile AND GO

its great that your auctions are still doing well but you might be the only one that is having kittys sell successfuly and at decent prices, but the fact is the market is saturated, in just about every way and cannot take another LARGE influx of new cats and traits, I think the point is being missed with this post and the one above it, we are not saying not release Easter cats, what i believe is the general opinion of this thread is that there are too many new traits since Christmas and that in its self is the problem, cause as more new ones come out, old ones are not worth diddly. the more collectable cats that come out with each release the more it hurts the market cause as many people as posted the money that goes in to the secondary market is funneled in to the crap shoot of trying to get the latest special cats...

I have nearly ever collection cat that has been released, with the exception of the valentines day 2011, the Leprekitty, and the ambroisas, i cannot afford to spend 100s of RL dollars it the hopes that i will get the new collector kittys either by the crap shoot or paying the insane prices on the secondary market cause they are deemed rare. this was fun at one point now its just stressful and getting out of hand. what turned out as something enjoyable for me has been soured. if i want to continue my collection i have to give up breeding if i want to continue breeding i have to give up collection.. cause the market forces has made it this way..

just a little more of my 2 cents.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Owen Drake , Liriel Garnet , Cat Whitman
03-19-2012, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 09:54 AM by Khea Karas.)
I see a case for two very different types of breeders:
Yay! New releases – For breeders who think kittycats runs by voodoo magic and getting something awesome and valuable is all about chance.
No to new releases! – For breeders who understand that breeding an awesome valuable cat takes months of dedication and a solid understanding of kittycats genetics.
So which do they cater too? I think by the overwhelming response here, it is clear that there are far more nays… than yays Tongue

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Owen Drake , Liriel Garnet , Justice Bulloch , Cat Whitman
03-19-2012, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 11:14 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(03-19-2012 09:54 AM)Khea Karas Wrote:  I see a case for two very different types of breeders:
Yay! New releases – For breeders who think kittycats runs by voodoo magic and getting something awesome and valuable is all about chance.
No to new releases! – For breeders who understand that breeding an awesome valuable cat takes months of dedication and a solid understanding of kittycats genetics.
So which do they cater too? I think by the overwhelming response here, it is clear that there are far more nays… than yays Tongue

I agree I take pride in breeding a new cat to something awsome before I sell it and this takes time.
And eventhough the fur/ trait might be devalued by the time I made my perfect kitty this will not hold me back from doing so :-)
And as Justice says above I love collectables for the holidays and I absolutely would be disappointed if they were not to be released anymore but I would love smaller portions in variety.
Besides collectables are fun and awsome to collect I feel they contribute to appeal new people to join KittyCatS they are a great promotional tool as well.
So no misunderstanding on this part I love for the holidays collectables to be released:-)
It is always so much fun and excitement!
Can you believe I can't fall asleep well the night before?

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Justice Bulloch
03-19-2012, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 12:14 PM by Yip Jannings.)
54 furs... and just the top 5 still sell.. however.. a Siamese Flame doesn't sell that good anymore either. Saturation.. good word for it. Btw.. last week I finally got my first self-bred Siamese Flame.. by the time I get good traits in it will sell for 500L I think..sighs. Oh I have plenty of 9 traiters now, which was my initial aim. But I don't sell them. They cost me too much (time, lindens, love) to sell them for a lousy couple of Lindens. I love the breeding, I still get excited to see if I partnered the right kitties and see if my 'projects' work out. But spending money on a new kitty to breed with I don't do anymore. By the time the new bought kitty gives me nicer ones the price will have hit rock-bottom. Yes I bought a couple both hiding aby black silver a month ago. I am now sorry I did. Did not get one Bl/S of m yet.
The kitties don't sell anymore because we don't buy 'm anymore. And we don't buy 'm because they won't sell... It's a spiral that needs to be broken. New furs won't fix it I'm sure.
54 furs... and just the top 5 still sell.. however.. a Siamese Flame doesn't sell that good anymore either. Saturation.. good word for it. Btw.. last week I finally got my first self-bred Siamese Flame.. by the time I get good traits in it will sell for 500L I think..sighs. Oh I have plenty of 9 traiters now, which was my initial aim. But I don't sell them. They cost me too much (time, lindens, love) to sell them for a lousy couple of Lindens. I love the breeding, I still get excited to see if I partnered the right kitties and see if my 'projects' work out. But spending money on a new kitty to breed with I don't do anymore. By the time the new bought kitty gives me nicer ones the price will have hit rock-bottom. Yes I bought a couple both hiding aby black silver a month ago. I am now sorry I did. Did not get one Bl/S of m yet.
The kitties don't sell anymore because we don't buy 'm anymore. And we don't buy 'm because they won't sell... It's a spiral that needs to be broken. New furs won't fix it I'm sure.
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Liriel Garnet , Jaide Logan , Justice Bulloch , Cat Whitman
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 12:47 PM by Kendrah Vantelli.)
Haha Ifoni is so in Denial !! She Rocks at her Auctions cause she is just that SPECIAL, On her last panel she has 35-40 people. The Sim here at Too Adorable has SALES, the ghost town you speak of is somewhere else. Just ask the Renters!!!

And I am so... looking foward to NEW FURS I love KittyCatS And I ENJOY THEM !! Easter is a special Day, I can not wait for something special. <3 thank you !!!

Not sure why everyone here is so upset. Try and take a happy pill or something. Don't be a downer! It's for fun not for you to become a millionaire ...giggles.

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
As suppected if i posted Id get jumped on....

And no not in denial im just a positive person
Will Keep Opinion to self infuture Smile

[Image: adorablecopy.jpg]

Iffy's Auction Area ~ 11AM Sat & 1PM Tues, KittyCatS Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 12:53 PM by Yip Jannings.)
Become a millionare?? OMG!! lol! I would not even want to.But I would like to spend less! As I already wrote: I love the breeding, I still get excited to see if I partnered the right kitties and see if my 'projects' work out.
The thrill of maybe getting a 'real good one' to fill the gaps of spending on them is gone though.. does not mean I don't lovez me kittiezzz
Become a millionare?? OMG!! lol! I would not even want to.But I would like to spend less! As I already wrote: I love the breeding, I still get excited to see if I partnered the right kitties and see if my 'projects' work out.
The thrill of maybe getting a 'real good one' to fill the gaps of spending on them is gone though.. does not mean I don't lovez me kittiezzz
 Thanks given by: Jaide Logan
03-19-2012, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 02:27 PM by Deer Thistle.)
I don't feel like there's any 'flame wars' going on, this community is very friendly and civil and we should embrace it. If anyone feels like there's a 'flame war' occurring, you should venture outside of the sunshine and flowers loveliness that is the KittyCats forum. I think it's a wonderful platform to state opinions and have a healthy discussion or debate even if your opinion varies from someone else's, I don't think that taking an opposite stance on a matter should call for forum censorship or dub this 'flame wars,' because it's truly far from it. Smile

I find most of the discussions where people may disagree and debate on the KittyCats forum to be really helpful and I love learning new things from the perspectives you only get from breeders sharing ideas or debating here. Every person has a different tone (and viewpoint) when approaching a matter but I think this should be acknowledged and accepted without becoming any level of abrasive toward any individual posting here. I really hope this discussion doesn't get deleted and it stays up so others may open up and share their ideas freely. This is a huge issue in the secondary market right now as prices drop on some kitties while they continue to skyrocket on others, it'd be nice to debate on the pros and cons of the issue - even against one another whose eyes perceive this issue in other ways, such as a successful auctioneer versus a struggling seller versus a buyer who wants to be a Pokemon trainer and has a 'gotta catch 'em all' attitude with the excitement of new traits being released (LOL), etcetera. Heart

Hugs!
 Thanks given by: Jaide Logan , Kendrah Vantelli
03-19-2012, 02:29 PM
(03-19-2012 02:18 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  I don't feel like there's any 'flame wars' going on, this community is very friendly and civil and we should embrace it. If anyone feels like there's a 'flame war' occurring, you should venture outside of the sunshine and flowers loveliness that is the KittyCats forum. I think it's a wonderful platform to state opinions and have a healthy discussion or debate even if your opinion varies from someone else's, I don't think that taking an opposite stance on a matter should call for to forum censorship or dub this 'flame wars,' because it's truly far from it. Smile

I find most of the discussions where people may disagree and debate on the KittyCats forum to be really helpful and I love learning new things from the perspectives you only get from breeders sharing ideas or debating here. Every person has a different tone (and viewpoint) when approaching a matter but I think this should be acknowledged and accepted without becoming any level of abrasive toward any individual posting here. I really hope this discussion doesn't get deleted and it stays up so others may open up and share their ideas freely. This is a huge issue in the secondary market right now as prices drop on some kitties while they continue to skyrocket on others, it'd be nice to debate on the pros and cons of the issue - even against one another whose eyes perceive this issue in other ways, such as a successful auctioneer versus a struggling seller or a buyer who wants to be a Pokemon trainer and has a 'gotta catch 'em all' attitude with the excitement of new traits being released (LOL), etcetera. Heart

Hugs!

Thank you, Deerylou. lol It is funny how transparent humans can be in just a few words written. Shows alot about someone. You are definately someone who ventured out into the sunshine for the good. Thank you for the wonderful post.
 Thanks given by: Kendrah Vantelli
03-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Aww, guys. I know the secondary market is slow, I hope things turn around soon, I'm totally with you guys.

As far as the Easter cats go, I'm really excited. I *hope* it's like the rain dears and you can get a boy and a girl and maybe breed a special kitten! But I'm a sucker for the big random collections too, but I liked the size of the ice babies, you only had to try for 5, that was nice.

Whatever Kittycats decides to do, I trust Callie, Equi, and the team to consider the implications of the new collection on the market.

I really wish we could design our own vests and collars and hats! That could provide some people with extra income to buy cat food when the market is slow! Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Kendrah Vantelli
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)