Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Easter Cats
03-18-2012, 06:17 PM
RE: Easter Cats
hi all Smile

i just wanted you to know i'm gonna chime in too later on this subject... being the one who can't ever decide what colors to make or not...

more later...
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I agree 100% with the others. Too many collector cat's in too little of a time span that it's destroying the secondary market big time.

Going to most of the cat selling sims lately etc is like walking into a ghost town and auctions aren't nearly as "popular" as they once were.

Just my 2L on the matter.
 Thanks given by: Liriel Garnet
03-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Well, I understand the KittyCats team creates cats as a labor of love. It is quite clear in the detail of all you do. I also have to point out that I believe the customer support of this organization is one of the best I have seen. With all that being said, here comes the "but."

I do think "all" the collectors cats are indeed adorable, but ultimately they are starter cats. Most people have a VERY hard time dealing with starters to begin with and the whole concept of breeding is hard to many. To toss a ton of starters at a new or even experienced person is counter productive. They get the cats thinking "this will be sooooo cool" only to find out that it has a LOT of genesis traits and therefore they can't recover food costs that are now piling up on them due to the quantity. I have talked to many people in kittycats who have now just given up because they felt defeated by the cats themselves and their attempt to just be able to buy kibble by selling a few.

I know it is has to be hard to balance a labor of love with the reality of what will happen to the kitties after they are unpacked.

I know the Team cares, that is clear, but the hard part they, and actually we, face is .... what next?

I have to agree, take it slow please.

"With the qualities of cleanliness, affection, patience, dignity, and courage that cats have, how many of us, I ask you, would be capable of becoming cats?"
- Fernand Mery
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Liriel Garnet
03-18-2012, 07:41 PM
(03-18-2012 06:17 PM)Callie Cline Wrote:  hi all Smile

i just wanted you to know i'm gonna chime in too later on this subject... being the one who can't ever decide what colors to make or not...

more later...
LOL I recognise this part when I design Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

03-19-2012, 12:05 AM
I can agree I prefer when there is a smaller selection of collection cats I think more then 8 cats is to many. Although I do like when you can buy a pair and be sure you will get a boy and a girl.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Jaide Logan , Justice Bulloch
03-19-2012, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 03:34 AM by anna Acanthus.)
(03-19-2012 12:05 AM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  I can agree I prefer when there is a smaller selection of collection cats I think more then 8 cats is to many. Although I do like when you can buy a pair and be sure you will get a boy and a girl.

Perso i reckon 4 or maybe 5 maxi like the LDs and the RFLS is plenty.
We're nearing (if we haven't already reached) saturation and that can't be good, for the clients or for the biz.
 Thanks given by: Justice Bulloch
03-19-2012, 04:24 AM
New Kitties, sounds fun, I want NEW FURS !!
And to be able to be one of the lucky ones, you know who you are Tongue you get them almost every time.. BUT THIS TIME I wanna get one of the NEW FURS i've been breeding the kittycats since the FIRST RELEASE, and I look foward to THIS EASTER release of these cats and NEW FURS !!!!!!!! I think we have plenty of eyes, now time for NEW FURS !!!! Need NEW FURS !!!
Excited for Easter Cats Tongue

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
03-19-2012, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 04:27 AM by Ifoni Kembla.)
Id just like to point out that when kittycats was new last year no one moaned about the releases of the Vday - St Paddys & Easter cats so close together, maybe it was cos they was new, but also remember easter is the last holiday untill halloween so we wont be seeing any more new release probably untill the end of the year, it just seen like we are getting alot now due to all the holidays being at one end of the year.

My auctions are still very popular and I am having no issues selling for good prices Smile AND GO

[Image: adorablecopy.jpg]

Iffy's Auction Area ~ 11AM Sat & 1PM Tues, KittyCatS Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
03-19-2012, 09:06 AM
(03-19-2012 04:24 AM)Ifoni Kembla Wrote:  Id just like to point out that when kittycats was new last year no one moaned about the releases of the Vday - St Paddys & Easter cats so close together, maybe it was cos they was new, but also remember easter is the last holiday untill halloween so we wont be seeing any more new release probably untill the end of the year, it just seen like we are getting alot now due to all the holidays being at one end of the year.

My auctions are still very popular and I am having no issues selling for good prices Smile AND GO

You must be that "special" exception of us all. I've seen kittens for sale at 1 day old still stuck in the same spot and not sold after 14days (And no they weren't priced high). I've seen auctions of 25 people dwindle down to 10 people... you must have a nice fan base which is good for you but don' try to make it like nothing has changed which it has, if it hasn't then the sim you have in your signature wouldn't have hundreds of cat's for sale and nobody there to buy them or browse for them in that ghost town.

I'm just stating what I've seen and many others have seen and continue to see. Traffic numbers on the sim info means nothing, anyone who has been around Sl for a while knows how to produce those traffic numbers with minimal effort.

This isn't to get anyone irked, it's just simple observation.
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Liriel Garnet , Cat Whitman , Kristyn23 Resident
03-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:Id just like to point out that when kittycats was new last year no one moaned about the releases of the Vday - St Paddys & Easter cats so close together, maybe it was cos they was new, but also remember easter is the last holiday untill halloween so we wont be seeing any more new release probably untill the end of the year, it just seen like we are getting alot now due to all the holidays being at one end of the year.

Actually, just to point out, all those collections last year at the start of the year had fewer cats in total COMBINED than the Halloween collection did. THAT is the issue we are speaking of. Not about all the holidays.

Quote:My auctions are still very popular and I am having no issues selling for good prices AND GO

Everyone is affected, Ifoni. Denial is not going to change that. Popularity is never an issue, all of us have between 20-30 people at any given auction. But prices are the problem. And this isn't just about auctions -- its about sales period. Private and in auction.

Quote:I think we have plenty of eyes, now time for NEW FURS !!!! Need NEW FURS !!!

Kendrah, we have 54 furs currently. Why do we need more when the majority of them aren't even been bred out that much? If they aren't recessive or new, they get menageried.

Quote:You must be that "special" exception of us all. I've seen kittens for sale at 1 day old still stuck in the same spot and not sold after 14days (And no they weren't priced high). I've seen auctions of 25 people dwindle down to 10 people... you must have a nice fan base which is good for you but don' try to make it like nothing has changed which it has, if it hasn't then the sim you have in your signature wouldn't have hundreds of cat's for sale and nobody there to buy them or browse for them in that ghost town.

I'm just stating what I've seen and many others have seen and continue to see. Traffic numbers on the sim info means nothing, anyone who has been around Sl for a while knows how to produce those traffic numbers with minimal effort.

This isn't to get anyone irked, it's just simple observation.

Thank you Owen. Agree 100%.
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Owen Drake , Liriel Garnet , Cat Whitman , Kristyn23 Resident
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)