Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Cat not eating
02-19-2018, 11:05 AM
Cat not eating
My cat got sick and I bought him some vitamins and more food. I gave him the vitamins and put the food out for him to eat. I noticed that he wasn't eating, even though the food was only a few meters away, so I literally put him on top of the food. I was away from SL for a few days and when I came back, he was sick again. So now I'm scratching my head wondering why I have to buy more vitamins for a cat who is right on top of a full bowl of food. Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Fennet Resident
02-19-2018, 11:55 AM
RE: Cat not eating
From the FAQ at the top of this forum section:

My cat won't eat! What should I do?
My cat won't drink milk! What should I do?

The most likely causes are:
Food/milk in the wrong group
Cats in the wrong group
Food/milk out of range
Try this:
Pick food and milk.
Check your group tag!
Pick up and rez any cats in the wrong group, or move and re-Home those too far away
Rez the food and milk
Wait. Give it 30 minutes or so and if you see the hunger go down you should be fine

Also, if you use one, check the setting on your automatic feeder. If it is set to group, be sure all the cats are set to the same group.

If that doesn't help, contact KittyCatS support for assistance.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Fennet Resident
02-19-2018, 03:43 PM
My cats frequently won't eat, even when the food and the cats are both set up properly. I don't know why this happens, but it usually seems to happen after 1 of 2 things:
1) I let the food dish run out, and when I rez a new bowl the cats don't seem to connect to it and don't eat from it.
2) I've been TP ing around with the cats, (or take them into inventory sometimes), and when I drop them back at home they don't seem to re-connect to the food dish.
So if I keep a close eye on them after doing either of the above, and check back to make sure they're eating, they usually don't get too hungry or get sick.
And I can leave them alone for long periods of time without worrying provided I make sure I leave them plenty of food.
Hope this helps. I haven't had a sick one in a while, knock on wood.

[Image: kittycats%2Bsignature5.jpg]
02-23-2018, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2018 10:57 PM by Hettange Ferryhill.)
(02-19-2018 11:55 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  From the FAQ at the top of this forum section:

My cat won't eat! What should I do?
My cat won't drink milk! What should I do?

The most likely causes are:
Food/milk in the wrong group
Cats in the wrong group
Food/milk out of range
Try this:
Pick food and milk.
Check your group tag!
Pick up and rez any cats in the wrong group, or move and re-Home those too far away
Rez the food and milk
Wait. Give it 30 minutes or so and if you see the hunger go down you should be fine

Also, if you use one, check the setting on your automatic feeder. If it is set to group, be sure all the cats are set to the same group.

If that doesn't help, contact KittyCatS support for assistance.

Thanks but none of that is applicable.
(02-19-2018 03:43 PM)Fennet Resident Wrote:  My cats frequently won't eat, even when the food and the cats are both set up properly. I don't know why this happens, but it usually seems to happen after 1 of 2 things:
1) I let the food dish run out, and when I rez a new bowl the cats don't seem to connect to it and don't eat from it.
2) I've been TP ing around with the cats, (or take them into inventory sometimes), and when I drop them back at home they don't seem to re-connect to the food dish.
So if I keep a close eye on them after doing either of the above, and check back to make sure they're eating, they usually don't get too hungry or get sick.
And I can leave them alone for long periods of time without worrying provided I make sure I leave them plenty of food.
Hope this helps. I haven't had a sick one in a while, knock on wood.

Thanks but neither of those conditions apply.
02-23-2018, 11:15 PM
You don't have to buy any vitamins, a sick cat will heal by itself on food only in 1 week.

If you feel something is going wrong, file a ticket on the support tab and it will be checked.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)