Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Scared to cuddle my kitty
03-13-2011, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011 02:17 PM by Monica Querrien.)
Scared to cuddle my kitty
I don't know if this is just me or what...but sometimes when I detach my kitty after cuddling her, she gets put underneath the root directory, and I am not able to remove her from it. The first time it happened, I was able to contact support and get her restored. The second time it happened, I kept hitting the "restore to last position" option until she finally came back inside of my inventory.

Today when I cuddled her (which I haven't been doing lately cause of what happened), I detached her, and she isn't in my inventory at all. As I type, I'm reloading my inventory to see if she will come back.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...when I first got my cat, I would tp with her as I shopped. I stopped doing that when I first had the issue. The second time, I would walk around my house with her, cuddling her until I was ready to put her back down. And today I sat in a chair briefly with her before walking back to her home location.

I know the object below the root folder has happened before to others, and I know people have had items missing from inventory. I shop practically every day and have had all sorts of things happen to me, but this seems to be a persistent issue with me.

The new St Patty's day cats are out, and I wanted to get at least one more cat so that I can start breeding...maybe even give a few cats to my friends. But now I'm worried that this is going to happen again when I hold my cat...and when my friends see I am having this much problems (and how worried I get), they might not want to be bothered with the cats. And I really like my cat Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2011, 07:13 PM
RE: Scared to cuddle my kitty
(03-13-2011 02:17 PM)Monica Querrien Wrote:  I don't know if this is just me or what...but sometimes when I detach my kitty after cuddling her, she gets put underneath the root directory, and I am not able to remove her from it. The first time it happened, I was able to contact support and get her restored. The second time it happened, I kept hitting the "restore to last position" option until she finally came back inside of my inventory.

Today when I cuddled her (which I haven't been doing lately cause of what happened), I detached her, and she isn't in my inventory at all. As I type, I'm reloading my inventory to see if she will come back.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...when I first got my cat, I would tp with her as I shopped. I stopped doing that when I first had the issue. The second time, I would walk around my house with her, cuddling her until I was ready to put her back down. And today I sat in a chair briefly with her before walking back to her home location.

I know the object below the root folder has happened before to others, and I know people have had items missing from inventory. I shop practically every day and have had all sorts of things happen to me, but this seems to be a persistent issue with me.

The new St Patty's day cats are out, and I wanted to get at least one more cat so that I can start breeding...maybe even give a few cats to my friends. But now I'm worried that this is going to happen again when I hold my cat...and when my friends see I am having this much problems (and how worried I get), they might not want to be bothered with the cats. And I really like my cat Sad

hi Monica Smile

Instead of right clicking your cat and select "detach", you can right click it and select "drop". that way it will land on the ground (sometimes a bit hoovering over the ground), rather then your inventory.
This seems to be a save replacement of regular detaching.

We included a warning in the St. Patrick's Days cats that tells you to better drop rather then detaching. This is an SL bug, so we can only hope and wait SL comes with a final solution :/

Regards,
KittyCatS.
03-13-2011, 07:28 PM
(03-13-2011 07:13 PM)KittyCatS Wrote:  
(03-13-2011 02:17 PM)Monica Querrien Wrote:  I don't know if this is just me or what...but sometimes when I detach my kitty after cuddling her, she gets put underneath the root directory, and I am not able to remove her from it. The first time it happened, I was able to contact support and get her restored. The second time it happened, I kept hitting the "restore to last position" option until she finally came back inside of my inventory.

hi Monica Smile

Instead of right clicking your cat and select "detach", you can right click it and select "drop". that way it will land on the ground (sometimes a bit hoovering over the ground), rather then your inventory.
This seems to be a save replacement of regular detaching.

We included a warning in the St. Patrick's Days cats that tells you to better drop rather then detaching. This is an SL bug, so we can only hope and wait SL comes with a final solution :/

Regards,
KittyCatS.

Really...cause I was always told if you drop an item then you lose the item (like you're dropping it because you don't want it anymore).

Guess it's time for me to write another ticket :/
03-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Need to bring this back up as I'm sure I'm not the only one who is not given the option to Drop. I'm running the latest phoenix viewer (908) and the drop command is grayed out.

Anybody know the debug setting to allow drop again?

Thanks!

P.S. - For those who don't, it may be prudent to copy to a notecard the ID keys of your kittys. I lost a lepricat on detach when I realized I could not drop, and though I had the key of another lost kitty I doubt LL will be able to restore the lepricat as I did not have it's key saved.
03-17-2011, 03:15 AM
In order to Drop an attached item, you need permission to Create Objects (rez) in the current parcel and be wearing the proper group tag to do so. Phoenix's "always rez in land group" option does not override this requirement for rezzing attachements via the Drop function.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2011, 11:22 AM
oh *facepalm* that would be it then. I'm always wearing random tags cause depending on what day of the week it is I need to be wearing a different tag. Thanks.
03-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Phoenix,

If you have not done so already, please file a support ticket with us on this site under support and we'll see if we can locate your KittyCat for you. Smile
03-19-2011, 10:22 AM
(03-17-2011 03:15 AM)Apolline Button Wrote:  In order to Drop an attached item, you need permission to Create Objects (rez) in the current parcel and be wearing the proper group tag to do so. Phoenix's "always rez in land group" option does not override this requirement for rezzing attachements via the Drop function.

Thanks - I was just going to ask this question lol. I use Imprudence but I am able to rez objects despite the land set to no rez. I'll make sure to wear my group tag next time...hehe Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)