Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

KittyCatS Love & Frustration
02-15-2018, 02:03 PM
RE: KittyCatS Love & Frustration
Hehe thankyou ^.^

Gosh yes I remember those searches that felt neverending!! Now, I like to combine a bit of old school with the convenience that profilers give so sometimes, unless I am in a big rush, I wander around and don't just grab the cat I saw and run! Also TPing from a cat I found on Torgon's has let me find places I never even knew existed and probably never would have ^.^
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Mirsoul Resident , Songdog Woolley , Arwen Swordthain , Evolving Yin , Emilia Darkwatch , Devilness Chant
02-16-2018, 04:13 AM
I love that use of profilers allows us to find small shops people set up on their land because they don't sell enough cats to afford to rent at some of the bigger markets, I do still love to wander the markets if I have time but do feel the profilers help smaller breeders a lot and helps us to discover hidden gems we might not otherwise find.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin , Emilia Darkwatch , Ivy Norsk , Songdog Woolley , Devilness Chant , Minx Diabolito , sneakpastu Resident , Cygnoir Blanc , Mirsoul Resident
02-16-2018, 10:42 AM
(02-16-2018 04:13 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  I love that use of profilers allows us to find small shops people set up on their land because they don't sell enough cats to afford to rent at some of the bigger markets, I do still love to wander the markets if I have time but do feel the profilers help smaller breeders a lot and helps us to discover hidden gems we might not otherwise find.

I think the profilers have hurt prices and sales over time. Its made it easier to compare prices and find the lowest and you no longer have to go window shopping. The profilers help the new upstart in the beginning but long term hurts everybody and everything. Its partly why I have started listing cats on the market without prices. To make it harder to compare and hopefully get people to TP and see the prices for themselves and in turn maybe get them to browse and buy cats they otherwise wouldnt have.
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , Emilia Darkwatch
02-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Buyers who are more than novices should understand that only the shown traits are on the profilers and that they Must teleport anyway to get a full sense of the cat's pedigree which would affect the price of the cat. The profilers mean that people can shop more efficiently and broadly (and for a long time I owned one of those skybox shops out and about on the grid). I do get what you mean about posting the prices though.
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , Emilia Darkwatch , Arwen Swordthain , Evolving Yin
02-16-2018, 02:59 PM
I think it can hurt the prices of some cats when the price has to always be put. When I used RM I would see some people dropping their prices always to a few L below the cheapest one and constantly changing it to be cheaper. That was my big worry with always having to put the price because it makes everything so competitive, but not for everybody depending on their nature and how they choose to sell. It is also true for what Ivy says that some people still want to compare the cat and not just a comparison based on a price so will still TP to see it. I leave prices off for some cats, mostly because I'd really like for people to look at it and the pedigree instead of just see which is cheapest.

It's really nice to have the ability to be able to choose whether to have price or not, when using Torgon's ^.^
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch , Arwen Swordthain , Evolving Yin
02-16-2018, 03:17 PM
What I dislike is that Rene didn't allow you to use his profiler for your own purposes.

So, no, you cannot line up your not-for-sale breeders on your private land and use the profiler to help you decide whom to breed with whom. At some point he will want access to your land and prevent your use when he cannot gain it.

And I dislike that Rene requires you to immediately clear the profiler is you happen to sell the cat. If your real life gets in the way and you can't log in fast enough to suit him he will clear the profiler.

So, no, you cannot use the profiler to make note of the cat which sold. If you don't have complete written notes, that's too bad because he does not allow you to use his profiler as a memory aid.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Emilia Darkwatch , Minx Diabolito , 999ShadowCat999 Resident , Mirsoul Resident , Evolving Yin
02-17-2018, 05:33 AM
I have Torgons rezzed in my cattery with market disabled just so that I can use them to look further back in pedigrees if something unexpected pops out or compare hids to help with breeding decisions. I have heard stories of people doing this with RMs on their private security protected private land and being banned by him for not allowing him access to profilers that were not being used to sell cats but being used as the tool they were first intended as before he started with the web market.
He is the one that changed the nature of his product and instead of adding to it he detracted from it and made it less useful simply from his own need to control everything and his mistaken belief that in purchasing a product from him that gave him some kind of right to intrude upon peoples privacy when ever he felt like it.
I do confess I find it irritating when I TP to an unpriced cat only to find its on a profiler for breeding purposes and the breeder forgot to disable the market feature. At least if a cat is priced I know its actually for sale. Pricing on profilers is always going to have pros and cons, for me personally I use to competitvely price my cats and its a good way to monitor the market prices of new traits, of course I see there are breeders that use it to undercut others by a lot and that annoys me as well. As with anything its a balancing act, its a feature that thankfully with Torgons we do have a choice about using.
For me hids are often just as important as showns when buying at cat because its rare to find a cat showing everything you need so often if it could be hiding instead I'll buy a cat to pull it out, so I often TP to several cats before buying one and often don't end up buying the cheapest but the one with the best potential hiddens.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: 999ShadowCat999 Resident , Songdog Woolley , Emilia Darkwatch , Minx Diabolito , Mirsoul Resident , Kikii Littlepaws , Evolving Yin
03-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Back, about when this thread started, I occasionally checked the relative populations for the two profilers. At first, I checked often, almost daily. But I've dropped off to checking about once a month after the first couple of weeks.

Code:
On 1/18 |  Cats | Regions | Owners | Share
RM      |  8771 |     114 |    182 | 51.5%
Torgon  |  8243 |      69 |    226 | 48.5%

On 3/01 |  Cats | Regions | Owners | Share
RM      |  7493 |      98 |    157 | 41.3%
Torgon  | 10666 |      75 |    255 | 58.7%
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: 999ShadowCat999 Resident , Minx Diabolito , Morgan Trevellion , Beadnstone Jewell , Emilia Darkwatch , Songdog Woolley , Priestess Firanelli , Arwen Swordthain , kittyclawz Resident , Evolving Yin
03-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Great news, thank you for keeping us updated on this, Tad Smile

Angel "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through" - Jules Verne Angel
03-03-2018, 06:00 AM
Thank you Tad, its good that someone is tracking the change in the market share and reassuring for us all to see which way its headed. I imagine theres a portion of overlap for those few people still being allowed to use both but these figures are very encouraging.

Forum Based Charts

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)