Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

KittyCatS Love & Frustration
02-08-2018, 01:56 PM
RE: KittyCatS Love & Frustration
I always assumed he filed multiple complaints and managed to get two or more support people to remove the same bad review at the same time, thus doubling the effect.

What I find hinky, now, is if you sort low-to-high the first (lowest, was a 1-star) is blank and you have to go to page 2 to see the next-lowest (a 5-star). So it's pretty obvious he's playing games with his ratings.

Paying for reviews is against the ToS, IIRC. If someone can *prove* he offered it, they should check and send it along to LL if my memory is correct.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , Emilia Darkwatch , Arwen Swordthain
02-08-2018, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 06:32 PM by Minx Diabolito.)
Information I could find on Marketplace guidelines says under the category of 'Anti-Competitive or Abusive Behavior' that a seller may not be 'rewarding buyers for reviews unless both positive and negative reviews are rewarded'.

Also found here https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/writing-item-reviews-on-the-marketplace-r272/ it says that 'Reviews should not be written for pay, or for other rewards or compensation unless both positive and negative reviews are rewarded'

His idea of a reward for a negative review is to have your comment removed and ban you, LOL
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch , Arwen Swordthain , Illuminatra Resident , Evolving Yin
02-08-2018, 08:02 PM
There's an odd thing about the 14 remaining 5* reviews on the owner profilers.

Only 5 of those 14 people currently have cats listed on Rene's website, 1 of the 5 has cats listed on both.

1 person just has cats listed on Torgon's.

The other 8 people have no cats listed on either website.

Of the 4 5* reviews on the group profiler, none of the 4 has any cats on Rene's website.

Funny old world...

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , Arwen Swordthain , Illuminatra Resident , Emilia Darkwatch , Evolving Yin
02-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Well, he certainly didn't like my review and had it removed. That is why now there is a blank page 1, as that is where my review was and it will not let me put another. It just says I cannot review it again but I did do the piggyback thing and left a comment about my experience with being banned and that the advertisement is very misleading also

You are right, Arwen, that he was misrepresenting it then because it did not have any images allowed on profilers at that time and he was prohibited from using them. All it had is the cat shadow which is copywritten too, not that he cares or understands this. All of his advertisements... on the forums, in his SL store and on the Marketplace show it using the cat pictures. Marketplace shows not one but two such pictures which clear as day show the cat image as a major part of it. I imagine to receive it thinking you will get it as you see it is rather like paying for a picture in a frame and just getting the frame with no picture. This should absolutely NOT be allowed to be advertised and sold this way, it is a total fraud but hey... what isn't when it comes to him? Familiar repeating theme not just with the KittyCatS profilers but ones he made for other breedables too and the problems he caused there. He learns NOTHING from experience apart from how to be more destructive every time. I don't care if he wants to destroy his life and business, I really do not... but I care when he hurts people here who do not deserve it and most of us come here just to chill out from everyday life, not get some garden variety sociopath being crazy with us, and essentially being a thief in a number of ways and taking zero accountability. So immature and ridiculous. All I can do is flag the item and leave a comment to say the truth which is that he bans you for crazy reasons and that the item is absolutely NOT as described and has no cat images at all. I wish that MP would actually include a comments section so that when you flag the item you can actually have a little bit of a say about why you are flagging it and give somekind of background as to why

He constantly whinges about people copying him yet has no working brain to understand he is the one doing it worst of all and STILL using copywritten images which do not and never did belong to him. HE is the one using the hard work and ideas and work which never belonged to him to sell HIS product... but he simply cannot see this basic fact. Nor can he understand he has never had a right to use them and essentially stole them to make his product. I want to make clear to anyone reading this who doesn't know a history... here is the very short version... he made the profilers without waiting for permission to use the cat pictures. This is absolute copyright theft but he does not care. He did not care it was someone elses hard work and they do not belong to him. He did not care that he should understand some very basic business etiquette which is that if you are wanting to use copywritten materials then you wait for permission and/ or pay for that, especially if you are using it to make a product that you are making money off. You don't act like some crazy, entitled bully... but that is exactly what he did. Then seemed stunned when KittyCatS refused to give him permission. By that time he had not just stolen the images but was bullying them to try and force them to say yes... so he was TOTALLY aware they were not saying yes, or he would not have kept demanding they had to. Would you want someone like that involved with your community?

Consider it this way... someone asks you "can I have this?" with regard to some objects in your house that you made and own... you say "let me think about it". Now, instead of actually allowing this very reasonable request, they don't wait and instead break into your house and steal what they wanted which clearly shows they could not care one bit about you. They just want what you have so they can use that to benefit themselves, much like a parasite behaves, and don't care if they must be a criminal to take it because in their crazy universe of self entitlement, they are allowed to do so. The normal boundaries are just NOT there (of course they are for them as they will take the slightest offence over anything, which he does). When you finally stand your ground and say "NO"... which is highly likely after they have a history of stealing from you, not having the courtesy of waiting for an answer of what YOU want to do with YOUR property... and a whole load of verbal abuse when you do not just bow down and say "yes" to them... instead of recognise their error and apologise and understand they stole from you and made quite a bit of money for themselves out of doing so, and gave you NOTHING of that, even though they would not have made a penny without stealing your stuff... they do the opposite. They write lies about you everywhere they can, especially their own site. They try to turn people against you and make themselves the victim. They try and publically insult you even using YOUR OWN forums to do it... and eventually get themselves banned for doing so which is of course no surprise. How many people reading this would see the intruder in their home who steals from them as the victim? I doubt many, if any at all.. well maybe one, as that sad man cannot stop himself looking here. God knows I wish he would put 2 braincells together to actually fathom what I say rather than be like some reactive, incredibly immature and spiteful person. You have to be all of those things to get a power trip out of banning people and asking for such unreasonable demands. Even a 4 year old has worked out the world does not revolve around them this way

He makes out Callie was unfair to him to not let him use them, publically insulting her on his own site for a long time... but would you want to be affiliated in any way with someone who just steals from you then bullies you for not being ok with that? Of course not!!!

Angel "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through" - Jules Verne Angel
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , Arwen Swordthain , Illuminatra Resident , Priestess Firanelli , Eleanor8 Resident
02-08-2018, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 11:20 PM by Minx Diabolito.)
Eleanor, it is really odd. It would not surprise me at all to know some or most of the reviews are bogus. He is always accusing people of doing things that he does himself and seems very pre-occupied with show many breeders KittyCatS has ^.^ Just the fact he paid people to give reviews makes them bogus to me. It would not be at all unexpected tho that someone who lives in such a delusional world would play these kinds of silly games, and use alts, especially when he used an alt here recently within this thread. Obviously it is something he has no problem doing and enjoys doing. Once again he fails to respect where he is not welcome and forces his presence like only a bully does. What a sad life to be known for being such a person.

Emi, your analogy is very good. It is indeed like the invader who has no respect and limits but has the self entitlement that he must be given respect in return for none. Whether he is sociopath or worse, I don't care either what is wrong with him. It's not an excuse for how he behaves and how he hurts people and commits fraudulent behavior.

If this was real life and he had done what he did to a real life company he would have been sued and fined at the very least for abusing copyright and for his bullying behavior. He would also have had the same or worse for his treatment of the competition. Plus significant penalties for how he treated his customers and terminated their service on completely bogus grounds.

Bullies like him don't do it in real life tho because they would never get away with it and actually have to suffer a real consequence. If they really had any brains they wouldn't abuse people in any world to get attention by people disliking them for reasons they create for themselves. Nor would they assume things of others such as that they have no achievements. And nor would they smear the competition that they actually created the need for themselves. Nopey, they would not do any of those things.

But an insecure spiteful little person would =)
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Emilia Darkwatch , Eleanor8 Resident
02-09-2018, 04:54 AM
Over the time this dispute with Rene has been going on I have followed the vaious and numerous threads with interest, sometimes commenting and sometimes staying quiet for fear of being jumped on. One thing I have noted that likely conributes to the friendliness of this thread is that not one person is actually defending him this time. No one is speaking up for him, in previous threads others have been abusive as well as Rene towards those calling him out for his behaviour or for his nasty comments about Callie and other members of our community but not this time. My hope is that its because they have all woken up to him now as well, if this is the case then as Songdog said this will all come to an end quickly.

Tad, surely the thread where he offers a refund in exchange for a review is the proof required? He can no longer edit or delete any part of that post, very nice of him to provide the proof he broke the rules for us Smile. Its like I told the kid bullying my son on instagram, "Its a crime and you gave me all the evidence yourself because you are stupid"

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Emilia Darkwatch , Priestess Firanelli , Minx Diabolito , Eleanor8 Resident , Evolving Yin
02-10-2018, 09:41 AM
(02-09-2018 04:54 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  Over the time this dispute with Rene has been going on I have followed the vaious and numerous threads with interest, sometimes commenting and sometimes staying quiet for fear of being jumped on. One thing I have noted that likely conributes to the friendliness of this thread is that not one person is actually defending him this time. No one is speaking up for him, in previous threads others have been abusive as well as Rene towards those calling him out for his behaviour or for his nasty comments about Callie and other members of our community but not this time. My hope is that its because they have all woken up to him now as well, if this is the case then as Songdog said this will all come to an end quickly.

This thread has been an amazing sharing of ideas, facts, and possible solutions. It is so refreshing to see that drama hasn't been the fall back. I want to believe that if someone were to disagree with any of the things said, that it would stay civil. The community has suffered enough drama over the years, which has been a shame, because kc has so many amazing members that might have been able to give valuable input. (like Arwen) But they were silenced out of fear of attack.

Not much in sl ends quickly. This has been going on a long time and Rene isn't going anywhere. A few years back a number of designers put in complaints to LL about a product that he makes that makes stealing, and even selling other designers hard work easier called RMs Cloner. I'm sure there were hundreds of complaints and LL was made very aware of this product, yet it's still in MP. Hopefully it doesn't work with mesh products.

The best way to fight Rene's profiler is to educate, and to make the other profiler more accessible to new members. And maybe everyone giving them a 1 star rating in MP. Even if you can't get your words out there in MP, you can at least give them a bad star rating. Instead of putting RM down, up play how amazing Tormonds profiler and his customer service is.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , Emilia Darkwatch , Arwen Swordthain , Eleanor8 Resident , Evolving Yin
02-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Dev, it is Torgon =P

Hehe I had to ^.^

When I speak with most people, especially new ones, I don't speak of my bad experience like I do here. I tend to just point out the positives of Torgon's such as the price being very affordable, it is easy to use and also that the creator is very nice and approachable. Here I can vent and just be honest and though I am not happy to hear of the bad experiences of others, it is nice in the sense that we do not feel alone with it and also just gives a sense of the community coming together more and more. It's deffo true to say that this thread has been in a totally different way to to prior ones on this topic for the reasons already stated well by others =)
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch , Arwen Swordthain , Devilness Chant , Evolving Yin
02-11-2018, 12:05 PM
(02-10-2018 10:02 AM)Minx Diabolito Wrote:  Dev, it is Torgon =P

Hehe I had to ^.^

When I speak with most people, especially new ones, I don't speak of my bad experience like I do here. I tend to just point out the positives of Torgon's such as the price being very affordable, it is easy to use and also that the creator is very nice and approachable. Here I can vent and just be honest and though I am not happy to hear of the bad experiences of others, it is nice in the sense that we do not feel alone with it and also just gives a sense of the community coming together more and more. It's deffo true to say that this thread has been in a totally different way to to prior ones on this topic for the reasons already stated well by others =)

Always the smarty cat Tongue rofl Heart

Well it's said you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar...though I find a small cup of bleach in the kitchen sink works well also. Angel

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito
02-12-2018, 12:29 AM
LOL!!
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)