Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

MORE thoughts about traits and breeding (sighs ) XD
02-03-2014, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 12:44 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
RE: MORE thoughts about traits and breeding (sighs ) XD
I agree that this is a good breeding tip, but I am skeptical that people will read down far enough to figure out what is being talked about. The first few posts read like gibberish unless you already know what the thread is about. Then all suddenly becomes clear with Saga Felix's post.

Could a succinct, clear introductory sentence or two could be added to the top of the original post? A change in thread title would help too. This entire section of the forum is "traits and breeding", after all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus
02-03-2014, 03:28 AM
(02-03-2014 12:42 AM)LibGwen Resident Wrote:  I agree that this is a good breeding tip, but I am skeptical that people will read down far enough to figure out what is being talked about. The first few posts read like gibberish unless you already know what the thread is about. Then all suddenly becomes clear with Saga Felix's post.

Could a succinct, clear introductory sentence or two could be added to the top of the original post? A change in thread title would help too. This entire section of the forum is "traits and breeding", after all.

Yes i guess you're right, so best is too create a new thread on the subject, as it's pretty important i think.
02-19-2014, 11:37 PM
I have found the easiest way to pull out a recessive trait is by breeding the parent with the recessive with a 9T mid range trait...for example using a Black/White Russian or Bengal Snow with say a Bali Cream Lynx. Then keep breeding them until you get a boy and a girl box that are both hiding the recessive fur, I would then breed the son and daughter together and their box will show the recessive fur. Not with every single box, but with both siblings hiding the recessive fur it will show in some of their boxes. This is because its a double hidden trait so it will show fairly often, unless you have really stubborn kitties but it will show. I was taught to do it this way with very recessive traits and its a lot easier to bring them out in the boxes.

Thank you my Mentor for teaching me well Smile
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)