Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Abyssinian - Salt & Pepper
01-06-2018, 09:09 AM
RE: Abyssinian - Salt & Pepper
(01-05-2018 03:32 PM)Coverboytoy Resident Wrote:  Okay looking at the past pedigrees, Aussie Mist Snow hides Abby Dark Chocolate, and the Abby Dark Chocolate hides Foxie Chestnut. However, I am unable to see if the Foxie Chestnut hides anything more recessive, and wouldn't be surprised if the Foxie Chestnut hides a Burmilla or Caramel.

Here I thought Abby Dark was the most recessive in the line but after further investigation, Foxie Chestnut was found to be the most recessive. What's hiding under the Foxie is unknown. Now I can see why this process takes so long figuring things out lol. I'll keep posting my findings, and it makes me want to pair my starter with a solid Toyger Tan. I may try to do that once I am able to.

(01-05-2018 02:30 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  If you are able to show a proof that Super Posh, the grandfather hides Aby Dark Chocolate we can say its dominant to that but unfortunately because the Snow does hide something we cannot say its dominant to snow without you opening the baby and pulling the hid preferably with a fur recessive to by Dark choc. At the moment all we know is something hides and looking back up the pedigree, without seeing the proof grandad hides it, we cannot be sure that its even Aby Dark Choc as theres a Gen fur with an unknown hid in the parents of the Dark Choc as well which could potentially have passed a more recessive fur.
Best way to call what this cat hides is to pull it back out and then you will have a definitive proof that can be used by both sets of charts to update the position of this fur. This is a great start to the test because you got the Aby S&P back so whatever it hides is a final proof, you just need to complete the work and pull the hid, as I said go recessive to see what hides. Unfortunately dominance testing is rarely a case of putting 2 cats together and getting a result, often we need to pull out the hidden fur to know for sure. I realise its frustrating waiting 2 weeks for the baby to grow then hoping it passes the hid first time, which they rarely do, but this is why it takes so long to place furs that are not uber recessive like Toyger Coal. A lot of trial and error and frustration is involved. Good Luck and I hope the cat co operates for you.

Thank you for looking into that. Since we currently don't have any confirmed proofs for this fur just speculative ones is there any chance you will be able to pull the hid on this latest baby and hopefully give us some information?
I think with pedigrees you have posted you have the potential to narrow it considerably from both ends if your cats play nice Smile Looking back it appears if the correct furs hide you could prove a range between Ocicat Black and Aussie Snow. Look forward to seeing your furure results. Hang in there and you will get definitive proofs.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abyssinian - Salt & Pepper - Ivy Norsk - 11-12-2017, 08:30 PM
RE: Abyssinian - Salt & Pepper - Ivy Norsk - 12-06-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: Abyssinian - Salt & Pepper - Arwen Swordthain - 01-06-2018 09:09 AM
RE: Abyssinian - Salt & Pepper - Ivy Lane - 01-22-2018, 12:58 AM
RE: Abyssinian - Salt & Pepper - Ivy Lane - 01-29-2018, 01:30 AM
RE: Abyssinian - Salt & Pepper - Ivy Lane - 02-06-2018, 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)