Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Scottish Shorthair - Blue & White
12-30-2017, 11:19 PM
RE: Scottish Shorthair - Blue & White
I am testing lower fur other than Siamese Tortie. It's just have to wait every 14 days to have the first box , then another 14 days....will update once it shows a newer result Smile

[Image: 8cda4c19de321171c7ccceba28a4bb28.png]

[Image: Inia_Soulstar.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Ivy Norsk
01-03-2018, 11:14 AM
Snowshoe Lilac will give us a heck of a range since that's the 10th most dominant fur (not including genesis). I hope your girl May hides the Scottish Blue&W. Do you happen to know what fur Marlayne hides, if you're continuing to run Marlayne with Montgomery?
Looking at the other traits, you're going to get pretty kittens whatever the fur.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
01-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Hi Marlayne, the Snowshoe Lilac mom hides Blue Marble. Smile

[Image: Inia_Soulstar.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
01-05-2018, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2018 09:24 PM by Navaar Morningstar.)
I just got this and thought I'd share...

[Image: 38820129954_7dbc1611e3_o.png]

Here are the sibs... which I thought would be useful to help narrow the range of furs to check against...

[Image: 38820129904_96fb290599_o.png]

~ Nᴀᴠᴀᴀʀ ~
Designer & Owner of Bluefish Bay

Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain , Marikit Cisse , Inia Soulstar
01-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Whoo Hoo! Ladies and Gentlemen we have a range!
Thank you Navaar!
Scottish Shorthair Blue and White is recessive to Burmese Sable.
Quick analysis of Navaar's pedigrees. We see from the first chart that the RoboCat Tesla hides the Scottish Blue and White, as it was pulled by the recessive Burmilla Chocolate Shaded fur. (We don't for 100% know that it wasn't pulled by something more recessive because we don't know Petunia's hidden, but since we already know Scot Blue&White is dom to Aby chocolate we aren't going to sweat that detail.) In the second picture, Tesla (showing Mocha 2 and hiding the Scottish B&W) mates with Nickie (showing Ginger 2 and hiding ?). The kitten shows Burmese sable, which MUST be Nickie's hidden. The Burmese sable covers the Scottish Blue and White which we know that Tesla must have thrown.
Therefore, Scottish Blue and White is recessive to Burmese Sable.

Burmese sable to Aby Dark Chocolate: It's a big range, but we will work it down.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Navaar Morningstar , Arwen Swordthain , Marikit Cisse , Inia Soulstar
01-05-2018, 11:49 PM
Here is Petunia and her parent's pedis...

[Image: 25659945908_d0b9ac46c6_o.png]

[Image: 39530919311_a9cac66bee_o.png]

[Image: 39530919391_e52093c482_o.png]

~ Nᴀᴠᴀᴀʀ ~
Designer & Owner of Bluefish Bay

01-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Thank you Navaar for popping a range on this fur the Forum Charts have been updated to reflect this new range Smile

Forum Based Charts can be found here
01-06-2018, 10:48 AM
Just a reminder, in this thread on 12/26, I submitted a proof that Scottish Shorthair Blue & White is dominant to Siamese Chocolate Tortie, making the range 2 furs narrower. ;-)

(01-05-2018 10:10 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Whoo Hoo! Ladies and Gentlemen we have a range!
Thank you Navaar!
Quick analysis of Navaar's pedigrees. We see from the first chart that the RoboCat Tesla hides the Scottish Blue and White, as it was pulled by the recessive Burmilla Chocolate Shaded fur. (We don't for 100% know that it wasn't pulled by something more recessive because we don't know Petunia's hidden, but since we already know Scot Blue&White is dom to Aby chocolate we aren't going to sweat that detail.) In the second picture, Tesla (showing Mocha 2 and hiding the Scottish B&W) mates with Nickie (showing Ginger 2 and hiding ?). The kitten shows Burmese sable, which MUST be Nickie's hidden. The Burmese sable covers the Scottish Blue and White which we know that Tesla must have thrown.

Burmese sable to Aby Dark Chocolate: It's a big range, but we will work it down.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Marikit Cisse
01-07-2018, 09:04 AM
The forum based charts do reflect that Songdog Smile

(01-06-2018 10:48 AM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  Just a reminder, in this thread on 12/26, I submitted a proof that Scottish Shorthair Blue & White is dominant to Siamese Chocolate Tortie, making the range 2 furs narrower. ;-)

(01-05-2018 10:10 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Whoo Hoo! Ladies and Gentlemen we have a range!
Thank you Navaar!

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca
01-07-2018, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2018 08:43 PM by Shamu077 Resident.)
As I posted earlier that I would, I did breed my SS-Blue & White girl against a Russian Black boy, and the offspring was a SS- Blue&White kitten.

Unfortunately I cannot say there was not a Tonk Blue Mink hider in the Russian Black with 100% certainty, so I have not posted the pedigree result.

I can say that of 11 of 12 kittens bred with the RB father that all were Russian Black (and the 12th was SS-B&W), and even when bred against a TBM hider, the grandparents also were all Russian Blacks. So while I suspect my RB was pure, I cant prove it, and the father has finally aged out.

I will have proof of the hider fur in my 7 day old SS-B&W kitten in a week I hope - if its RB then the range is narrowed down. It it's TBM, well, never mind. I can post the pedigrees to date later tonight just for info.
Shamu

[Image: 855450ef100f1f12f6fa082f8a79473f.png]
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Ivy Norsk , Inia Soulstar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)