Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Request - Default Box Renaming to ID No.
05-22-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: Request - Default Box Renaming to ID No.
I would really like to see something other than Box in my pedigree. I just tried to rez a box from my inventory, and it didn't rez. I will never know which box that is to submit a ticket. I have almost 400 boxes. I did have it named, but the name doesn't show up in the pedigree.

Would be great to find a box in my inventory by id, or to even be able to submit a ticket when it doesn't rez or gets lost.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2012, 10:11 PM
The Cattery is the best solution I see to the problem of lost boxes. Of course, that means giving up on naming boxes entirely since the Cattery erases all box names.

If you put ALL boxes in the Cattery, those boxes on the Pedigree which do not show in the Cattery are lost.

The Pedigree does not indicate which boxes are in the Cattery, and which are not: so you'll need to click each one. This is time-consuming and could be eliminated by adding a Cattery field to the Pedigree roster page.

Once you're sure every box you have is in the Cattery, any time you click on a Pedigree-listed box to view its tree, if that box does not show as being in the Cattery, it's lost.

I expect a lot of people have lost a lot of boxes.

To complicate matters, some of those "lost" boxes are not really lost .. they could have been given to someone else who has never rezzed them, so the change of ownership never got recorded.

As more and more people realize the best place for boxes is the Cattery, more and more will find they've lost quite a number of boxes; so it might be a good idea for KittyCats to offer guidance on bulk lost-box ticket submissions to streamline that end of the process.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2012, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2012 11:59 PM by Malicia Python.)
YES! please.
I just thought yesterday to add the ID into the box name anyway. Even though naming mine with their shown and hidden traits, sometimes parents, too, right when I take them into invent, finding a specific cat can be time stealing. Sometimes boxes do get mixed up when naming a few at once and sometimes I want a specific box, who has some trait doppelgangers. The ID would be a great thing esp. for those with more than 1k boxes - the cattery list is not really an alternative for so many and usually I decide what box to open "from the pedigree".

http://slurl.com/secondlife/New/44/101/352
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)