Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

KittCatS! Halloween Custom Collar Contest - results!
11-04-2017, 09:10 AM
RE: KittCatS! Halloween Custom Collar Contest - results!
I don't see they need to respond. There is no proof the results are wrong, but proof they may be correct. So, go with correct and accept them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2017, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 09:30 AM by Illuminatra Resident.)
(11-04-2017 09:10 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  I don't see they need to respond. There is no proof the results are wrong, but proof they may be correct. So, go with correct and accept them.

If Mady's collar was the #1 public voted collar & it was, that means that she has 9 points using Callie's formula.

9 Public + (AT LEAST) 1 judge vote = 10 points (at least)

So theoretically the placing would look like this...

Jhanelle Bonde - Community Vote - 7, Panel Vote - 8. Total = 15
Kathy0831 Resident - Community Vote - 6, Panel Vote - 9. Total = 15

2nd Prize 7,500 K$
999ShadowCat999 Resident - Community Vote - 5, Panel Vote - 7. Total = 12

3rd Prize 5,000 K$
MadyHades Resident - Community Vote - 9, Panel Vote - 1 (AT LEAST). Total = 10 (at least)

She should have been in 3rd place at least. This is what we have been saying for 4 pages now. And I don't understand why we keep going back and forth about this when it's as clear as day.

Coverboy, Tess, Eleanor and some other people have been stating that the only thing that makes sense is that Mady's collar was omitted from the final results for reasons unbeknownst to her and the public. KC clearly states that they can disqualify you for the reasons stated clearly by Eleanor. If she was indeed disqualified, then KC should have communicated that to her. We are here discussing because no communication was made on their behalf to Mady and even myself.

Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ @ Cʜᴀᴛᴇᴀᴜ Iʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛʀᴀ - KɪᴛᴛʏCᴀᴛS! Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Priestess Firanelli , Melinda Jensen , MadyHades Resident
11-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Yes, she COULD have been in third place. But she also COULD have been dead last, and that without being disqualified. KittyCats said in the OP she was not in 3rd. So go with that.
11-04-2017, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 09:47 AM by Illuminatra Resident.)
(11-04-2017 09:38 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Yes, she COULD have been in third place. But she also COULD have been dead last, and that without being disqualified. KittyCats said in the OP she was not in 3rd. So go with that.

Tad,

This screen-shot was taken October 26th @ approximately 9 PM SLT. This screen-shot was taken to show the highest community voted collars. The other collars in the contest had less votes than the collar that had 48 votes at the time of this screen-shot.

[Image: 26388242319_f9263ac11a_b.jpg]

This screen-shot illustrates 3 collars in the lead...

85 votes - Mady's Collar
73 votes - Illuminatra's Collar
48 votes - Jhanelle's Collar

I wish I had taken a screen-shot the day after, however I was there and I saw the same scenario with my own eyes.

This is what we (Coverboy, Tess, Eleanor, Jack, Mady & Correzz) have been saying for 4 pages now.

Thanks given by: Priestess Firanelli
11-04-2017, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 09:54 AM by Coverboytoy Resident.)
It's pointless now to try to convince Tad of our perspectives, and I highly doubt KC is going to respond on this thread. So with that said, I just hope that in the next contest, they just don't get the public involved in the voting process.

Here is what I am going to say, if you already know that contestants can influence the votes by telling their friends, or doing mass TP, they why ask the public to be involved? Well I hope KC learned their lesson because clearly this was a bad idea to get the public votes involved.

And I'm going to play devil's advocate! If KC assumed the top 2 were influenced to gain votes, then what makes you think the lower votes did the same? So it's really just doesn't sound fair. KC considered the public votes for all the low counts, and the panel of judges added the score to their favor. Why? Because KC assumed the top 2 cheated, when they really have no proof they did or did not.

ςoνєгßⓄץ кєレレץ™ (coverboytoy)
Auctioneer Tongue
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137812323@N05/
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Priestess Firanelli , MadyHades Resident
11-04-2017, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 12:58 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
Let us assume that KittyCats made no error and the OP results are correct.

We can see, from the OP results, that the first unknown is the person who came in with score 4 in the judging.

And we can see, from the OP results, that the unknown public-votes scores are 1, 4, 8 and 9.

So, that entrant had possible scores of 4+1=6, 4+4=8, 4+8=12 or 4+9=13.

4+9=13 we can eliminate since it requires KittyCats to have made an error and this entrant should have come in 2nd.

4+8=12 can also be eliminated since it requires KittyCats to have made an error and this entrant should have tied for 2nd.

4+4=8 can also be eliminated since it requires KiityCats to have made an error and this entrant should have tied for 3rd.

Therefore, the entrant scored 4 by the judging scored 1 in the public voting.

We can therefore extend the OP results as follows:

Code:
9+6=15 1st
8+7=15 1st  
7+5=12 2nd  
6+2=8  3rd    
5+3=8  3rd    
4+1=5  4th
Leaving six possible outcomes for the remaining three places.

Code:
3+4=7  4th  3+4=7  4th  3+8=11 4th  3+8=11 4th  3+9=12 4th  3+9=12 4th
2+8=10 4th  2+9=11 4th  2+4=8  5th  2+9=11 4th  2+4=6  5th  2+8=10 5th  
1+9=10 4th  1+8=9  5th  1+9=10 5th  1+4=5  5th  1+8=9  5th  1+4=5  6th

None of these six violate the original assumption of no error by KittyCatS.

To propose any other results from this competition requires starting with the assumption that KittyCats did, in fact, make an error.

Given the length of this conversation, it seems reasonable that KittyCats would have re-validated their results and, since they have not posted any correction nor contacted the entrants about any correction, it is reasonable to assume that their follow-up posts that the results were, in fact, correct.

So the question is simple:

* do you want to insist that KittyCatS made an error, with no evidence they did, or

* are you willing to accept they did not when a complete analysis shows the results stated in the OP can be easily be correct?

You're free to stand by your unfounded insistence that KittyCats made an error.

I'm simply stating that starting with the assumption they are fair and honest and did not make an error is easily shown.
11-04-2017, 12:58 PM
I’m standing by what I stated. I have shown you the evidence. And I was actually supposed to receive follow up and did not. I will continue to wait.

11-04-2017, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 01:20 PM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
I am sorry we have not been able to respond; we're dealing with some more pressing issues at the moment.

I am going to close this thread temporarily as it's devolving into arguments and ugliness that needs to be headed off before it devolves further.

As soon as we're able to, we'll review the thread so that we can give it the consideration and attention it deserves and respond as we're able. If you are waiting for a more personal response, please be patient - we haven't forgotten you and will get in touch with you as soon as we can.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
11-07-2017, 04:36 PM
Hi all. We appreciate all of the feedback on this issue and have read all of the comments, as well as spoken to some of you personally.

Based on the feedback received, we decided to review the panel voting. After review, it is possible for a 3-way tie for 2nd place.

We've updated the original post with this information and contacted the two additional 2nd place winners.

We've learned a lot from this experience and in the future, we will no longer offer a public vote in contests, and all contests will be judged via a panel vote, like the monthly CatShowS.

We want contests to be fun experiences both for the community and for us and truthfully, every time we run a contest where there is a public vote, there are allegations and incidents of cheating, there are people who stack their votes, there's complaints - dealing with all of that isn't fun and takes up time that we could be spending on other things, like creating fun events, or new products, or new cats! So we feel this is a necessary change that will benefit the community going forward. Smile

We appreciate everyone's feedback and understanding. The KittyCatS Community truly is the best community in SL, even when we're not always agreeing with each other, and we love and appreciate all of you.

Thank you Smile

(I'm going to re-open this thread now. Please remember to keep the discussion respectful and civil. Thanks.)

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Eleanor8 Resident , Illuminatra Resident , Lixy Byron , Coverboytoy Resident , MadyHades Resident , 999ShadowCat999 Resident , Maxwell Grantly , Priestess Firanelli , Ryanna Enfield
11-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Thanks Kitten, wow i wasnt expecting this so i was no longer following up this thread. but thanks for reviewing the votes. and thanks alot all Especially to the ppl here who actually understood the situation. Most of the ppl might see us as whiny stubborn losers who dont accept loss. The real issue was not loosing by not being good enough. real issue and insult was to have the highest votes and assumed as a solicitor / cheater. People who know me actually know my creativity and number of friends i have and how social I am. my words could have never made anyone believe that. Thanks alot for understanding.
 Thanks given by: Priestess Firanelli

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)