Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

KittCatS! Halloween Custom Collar Contest - results!
10-30-2017, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 04:36 PM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
KittCatS! Halloween Custom Collar Contest - results!
What a fun contest! We loved seeing all of the collars showing off everyone's creativity! Between the panel votes and the public vote, it is always hard voting as each entry is so different.. but, after the scores were tallied (community score and panel score) we had a tie for 1st and 3rd place! Here are your winners!

1st Prize 10,000 K$
TIE
Jhanelle Bonde - Community Vote - 7, Panel Vote - 8. Total = 15
Kathy0831 Resident - Community Vote - 6, Panel Vote - 9. Total = 15

2nd Prize 7,500 K$
TIE
999ShadowCat999 Resident - Community Vote - 5, Panel Vote - 7. Total = 12
Illuminatra Resident - Community Vote - 8, Panel Vote - 4. Total = 12
MadyHades Resident - Community Vote - 9, Panel Vote 3. Total = 12

3rd Prize 5,000 K$
TIE
Trixie Ravinelli - Community Vote - 3, Panel Vote - 5. Total = 8
Lixy Byron - Community Vote - 2, Panel Vote - 6. Total = 8

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Jhanelle Bonde , Arella Ohmai , 999ShadowCat999 Resident , Lixy Byron
10-30-2017, 07:59 PM
RE: KittCatS! Halloween Custom Collar Contest - results!
OMG!
This is such a nice surprise !!
Thank you so much to all who voted for me (╹◡╹)♡
10-30-2017, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2017 08:06 PM by Coverboytoy Resident.)
Oh so the top public votes didn't win? I don't get it. Why have a democracy vote when the ones with the most public votes didn't win? HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

I really feel KittyCatS should at least acknowledge the top 3 public votes.

Anyways, congratz to the winners non the less.

ςoνєгßⓄץ кєレレץ™ (coverboytoy)
Auctioneer Tongue
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137812323@N05/
 Thanks given by: JackHades Resident , Illuminatra Resident , MadyHades Resident
10-30-2017, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2017 08:35 PM by JackHades Resident.)
(10-30-2017 08:02 PM)Coverboytoy Resident Wrote:  Oh so the top public votes didn't win? I don't get it. Why have a democracy vote when the ones with the most public votes didn't win? HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

I really feel KittyCatS should at least acknowledge the top 3 public votes.

Anyways, congratz to the winners non the less.

Im bit confused too. We ended with 5 winers on a 3 winer contest that only judjes selected. The public vote wasnt even counted on the top. Its the democracy of this days i guess.
[/font]
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , MadyHades Resident
10-30-2017, 08:36 PM
(10-30-2017 08:02 PM)Coverboytoy Resident Wrote:  Oh so the top public votes didn't win? I don't get it. Why have a democracy vote when the ones with the most public votes didn't win? HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

From the initial post inviting people to participate:

• Winners will be chosen by a combination of a community vote and a KittyCatS! judging panel.

The public vote and panel vote help to balance each other out so that the winner is not chosen solely by having the highest public votes, nor by being selected to win by a small group of people. Both votes are taken into consideration, and tallied together to determine the winners.

We appreciate everyone who participated, and we congratulate the winners on earning their prizes. Great job everyone! Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Arella Ohmai , Charmayne Brentley
10-30-2017, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2017 08:48 PM by MadyHades Resident.)
Congrats to all winners. I have nothing against them. This was the first and last time i took part in any Kittycats competition. And I put all my effort on this. but I am so shocked and disappointed to see that ~100 votes ( I dont even have that many friends in my list) can make you Not even included in TOP 3 winners. I wish I had gotten 5 votes instead .only then would judges consider me as fair winner? so after checking above counts of votes seems like there is only 20ish ppl in kittycats community?Anyways No Drama from me. Thanks everyone who voted for me Smile and Congrats to all winners. You all deserved it.
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Coverboytoy Resident , JackHades Resident
10-30-2017, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2017 09:19 PM by Coverboytoy Resident.)
(10-30-2017 08:42 PM)MadyHades Resident Wrote:  Congrats to all winners. I have nothing against them. This was the first and last time i took part in any Kittycats competition. And I put all my effort on this. but I am so shocked and disappointed to see that ~100 votes ( I dont even have that many friends in my list) can make you Not even included in TOP 3 winners. I wish I had gotten 5 votes instead .only then would judges consider me as fair winner? so after checking above counts of votes seems like there is only 20ish ppl in kittycats community? I love kittycats but i guess im done with this now that I see Public votes actually don't count .ONLY JUDGES VOTES count! Anyways No Drama from me. Thanks everyone who voted for me Smile and Congrats to all winners. You all deserved it.

The top 2 designs had the highest number of votes, and when it is not accounted for, it just feels unfair. It's best that the next event that implement these so called "panel judges" should not ASK THE PUBLIC TO VOTE, because this will avoid any resentment. It clearly is unfair that you ask the public to vote and when the top votes do not get acknowledge, then this is what you called a rigged election. Countries have revolutions and coups by overthrowing the dictatorship due to the unfairness of democracy. Just saying lol Tongue

I'm with Mady, I'm would be done too if that happened to me.

Auctioneer Tongue
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , MadyHades Resident
10-30-2017, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2017 09:46 PM by Callie Cline.)
hi, the reason we do this is very simple.

a public vote is too hard to monitor and our first contest ppl tp'd in friends to vote. this is not about that, so we quickly adopted this method and have found it very fair.

also, our panel is made up of people who also vote and do NOT see each other's votes at all. they are submitted and treated as two separate number then combined.

we find this very fair as neither the panel OR the community can choose, but a combo of both. it's a way we find to be check and balances for fairness. sadly we often get people who tp friends in to vote, (a no no) and/or spam their friends lists or other communities. that is not ok by the rules. (not saying it happened here but we always get complaints of ppl cheating which is really discouraging to us)

art is very subjective and it's not fair to say the "top" designs had the most community votes. because that is subjective. also, people can vote for more than one. (not the panel, just the community)

hope that makes sense!

so with the community vote considered and the panel, these winners won and i congratulate them, and also everyone who participate. it's SO
hard to vote every time!!

thanks for everyone who took time to participate!
 Thanks given by: Arella Ohmai
10-30-2017, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2017 09:51 PM by Coverboytoy Resident.)
(10-30-2017 09:44 PM)Callie Cline Wrote:  hi, the reason we do this is very simple.

a public vote is too hard to monitor and our first contest ppl tp'd in friends to vote. this is not about that.

also, our panel is made up of people who also vote and do NOT see each other's votes at all. they are submitted and treated as two separate number then combined.

we find this very fair as neither the panel OR the community can choose.

art is very subjective and it's not fair to say the "top" designs had the most community votes. because that is subjective. also, people can vote for more than one. (not the panel, just the community)

hope that makes sense!

so with the community vote considered and the panel, these winners won and i congratulate them, and also everyone who participate. it's SO
hard to vote every time!!

Then why ask the public to vote?

Then it's really just best not to ask the public to vote. As I stated, it will leave a bad taste for those who had the most votes. Having a panel of private judges will be the best action moving forward.

Auctioneer Tongue
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident
10-30-2017, 09:53 PM
well seeing whats been said maybe the numbers to the collars should of been left out for all to see that way then all can see where it adds up to so next time leave the numbers up that way then clears everything up
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Coverboytoy Resident , Priestess Firanelli

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)