Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

No wrap around text or page sizing in forum
10-09-2017, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2017 02:22 PM by Shamu077 Resident.)
No wrap around text or page sizing in forum
This is an annoying bug that has been here a long time.

When someone posts text and a smaller size photo in the forum, my Chrome browser adjusts the page width to the window and text is wrapped, as in most modern HTML based forums.

But when someone posts a photo that is longer than the screen width, wrapping is disabled and one has to horizontally scroll to see a long text sentence or paragraph. And this then applies to all replies in the thread. Type a long paragraph without carriage returns at around 80 columns, and you only see the first line of the sentence or paragraph, eg no wraparound text. (You won't see this with this paragraph unless someone posts a very wide image here.)

You can either type in short sentences and use a carriage return at the end, or force readers to scroll right to see the entire sentence. Other forums don't have this problem.

I find it annoying in this modern age that this can not be fixed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2017, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2017 05:06 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
RE: No wrap around text or page sizing in forum
From the MyBB forums:

Quote:What I'd do is something like this:

PHP Code:
.post_body img {
max-width: 80%;
}

That would make images have a maximum width of 80% of the post container.

Although I'm fairly sure this is CSS code. Perhaps it's added by some PHP? Anyway, the img max-width should do the trick. The issue is finding a reasonable max-width.

https://community.mybb.com/post-852871.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)