Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Genesis Fur Bred With A Genesis Fur Is Not A Good Idea.
08-17-2017, 06:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 06:57 AM by Rheaven Resident.)
Genesis Fur Bred With A Genesis Fur Is Not A Good Idea.
Hi Everyone,

One of my popular chants that I tell my students is this. The only good reason for breeding a special kitty with a special kitty, is so you can get the special kitten. After you have that kitten you should never breed the two together again, also you should not breed a starter with another starter and here is the reason why.

Lord Moko's pedigree -
https://gyazo.com/1fd63cff646fa393ca86329582ec1f41

In the gyazo you will see that Lord Moko is showing a Genesis Mocha fur, that he had gotten from his mother, Jessy. (she is showing Genesis Mocha and could be hiding Chat Cat Grey & White No. 2 or better from her father. Fam (SPosh) is showing Genesis Pearl fur and could be hiding the Toyger Caramel or better from his father Ellis.

The hazards of assuming things: I assumed that Lord Moko would be hiding his father's hidden fur, Toyger Caramel. BIG mistake.

Lord Moko's boxes - https://gyazo.com/dd86c36b530dc7b7c4edf4893645888c

The first box was a Genesis Mocha, so I thought dang it but that's ok, the second box showed a Genesis Pearl fur and that's when the bell rang. Lord Moko's partner was Lady Ivory (showing Toyger Caramel. Her fur is pure Toyger Caramel as it was the most recessive fur at the time of her birth.)

As we all know Toyger Caramel can not hide a Genesis Fur, so, therefore, the Genesis Pearl fur came from Lord Moko. So we had discovered that Lord Moko is showing the Genesis Mocha fur and hiding Genesis Pearl Fur, so much for my assumption that Lord Moko was hiding the Toyger Caramel. Smile

This is a great example of not assuming what your kitties are hiding, who would have guessed the parents' shown Genesis furs would both be in their son.

Just a little by the way here, Fam (S Posh)'s mother, F (Super Posh) is a Genesis Bandit fur and she is obviously hiding Genesis Pearl, as that is the fur Fam (S Posh) is showing. So F (Super Posh) is a Genesis Bandit fur hiding the Genesis Pearl fur. It's not that common a happening but it does show it can happen.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day/night,

Rheaven Tussaud (Resident)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Lane , Aubreygrace Starlight
08-17-2017, 07:28 AM
RE: Genesis Fur Bred With A Genesis Fur Is Not A Good Idea.
It's always a 50/50 shot for kitties to throw their hidden or their shown.
And they are merciless about not caring which trait you want.

Thank you Rheaven for the tale of woe. I hope you get your caramel soon with another pair-up.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
08-17-2017, 08:09 AM
(08-17-2017 07:28 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  It's always a 50/50 shot for kitties to throw their hidden or their shown.
And they are merciless about not caring which trait you want.

Thank you Rheaven for the tale of woe. I hope you get your caramel soon with another pair-up.

Thank you Ivy, Smile
Yeah, I knew about the 50/50 chances but it's that damned Database that is the cause of my woes....lmao...I am after the Super Posh tail so the fur at the moment isn't a worry, the Genesis is easily bred out of the boxes and all those three boxes hide the Toyger Caramel, so it will just be a matter of bringing that out when I am ready too...I will also be breeding the Equines and Swanky Lites into their blood lines so hopefully, in time we should start getting some stunning boxes...If the Database allows it of course...lol
08-17-2017, 09:18 AM
I find it ironic when you are actually trying to sort out the Genesis furs and you WANT the cats to toss their shown Genesis Furs so you can test out the order of them. That is when they will never toss both shown Genesis furs. Smile

~ BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
08-17-2017, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 12:12 PM by Ivy Lane.)
The RNG ( random number generator or Gods as i prefer) are hoarders and can be a lot like the native coyote medicine , just when you thought everything was fine joke's on you Tongue don't take it so seriously , lols

If you want the RNG gods to take favor on you, you must consider sacrifices in their honor, dedicate more prims to the RNG kittycats Gods, consider managerie as a gift to them, i have a lovely burning tree on my land where i place managerie kitties and set them on fire hoping to apease the RNG

[Image: 044161aec12c655e71bc4e6573506022.jpg]

give out free panels at your auctions, try helping out a new breeder, a sacrifice of time might be appreciated by these RNG gods since they are numbers incarnate!

giggle and hugs
your students are lucky to have your instruction!

I think there is also a page of statistics ( dry reading) that speaks about how quickly a gen fur can be purified so that all you get is gen and gen traits but no clue where it is or what it's called, and statistical reading is not for everyone.

[Image: al_114x100t.png]

Buy art @ [ RedBubble ] !
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire
08-17-2017, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 02:51 PM by Aubreygrace Starlight.)
I have actually had genesis furs hidden behind other genesis furs and eyes too. That usually happens to me with a special baby so I don't breed the special babies anymore unless they show a trait now. I have also bought australian mist charcoals that had gen eyes and i found out through extensive breeding and months later, the eye hid was another gen eye because for whatever reason it decided to pass that as a hidden. I think it had to do with the beginning line of them, but i was getting diff gen eyes popping out and couldn't get any eye traits to stick on them, so i went to the charts and yup my poor aus charcoals hid gen on gen eye. So even with genesis traits you cans till have genesis hidden, that is why i try not to breed them now and just go with traits showing.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire
08-17-2017, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 06:35 PM by Rheaven Resident.)
(08-17-2017 09:18 AM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote:  I find it ironic when you are actually trying to sort out the Genesis furs and you WANT the cats to toss their shown Genesis Furs so you can test out the order of them. That is when they will never toss both shown Genesis furs. Smile

lmao...yeah tell me about it...I was able to verify what you had already found out just for back up proof...lol
(08-17-2017 12:10 PM)Ivy Lane Wrote:  The RNG ( random number generator or Gods as i prefer) are hoarders and can be a lot like the native coyote medicine , just when you thought everything was fine joke's on you Tongue don't take it so seriously , lols

If you want the RNG gods to take favor on you, you must consider sacrifices in their honor, dedicate more prims to the RNG kittycats Gods, consider managerie as a gift to them, i have a lovely burning tree on my land where i place managerie kitties and set them on fire hoping to apease the RNG

[Image: 044161aec12c655e71bc4e6573506022.jpg]

give out free panels at your auctions, try helping out a new breeder, a sacrifice of time might be appreciated by these RNG gods since they are numbers incarnate!

giggle and hugs
your students are lucky to have your instruction!

I think there is also a page of statistics ( dry reading) that speaks about how quickly a gen fur can be purified so that all you get is gen and gen traits but no clue where it is or what it's called, and statistical reading is not for everyone.

Lmao...I think Mari and I should hire you to make the sacrifices to the RNG Gods on our behalf.

Thank you for the compliment Ivy, it's very much appreciated Smile

(08-17-2017 02:51 PM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote:  I have actually had genesis furs hidden behind other genesis furs and eyes too. That usually happens to me with a special baby so I don't breed the special babies anymore unless they show a trait now. I have also bought australian mist charcoals that had gen eyes and i found out through extensive breeding and months later, the eye hid was another gen eye because for whatever reason it decided to pass that as a hidden. I think it had to do with the beginning line of them, but i was getting diff gen eyes popping out and couldn't get any eye traits to stick on them, so i went to the charts and yup my poor aus charcoals hid gen on gen eye. So even with genesis traits you cans till have genesis hidden, that is why i try not to breed them now and just go with traits showing.

Yes, it can be very frustrating when they have Genesis traits and hide the Genesis traits, but if you start breeding them with 9T partners you will breed out the Genesis and all those boxes will be 9T capable so that's a win..win situation. Smile
08-18-2017, 02:51 AM
It happens Smile. I bought a Genesis - Ginger II showing Chocolate Tipped Flame, parents were both starters so I knew it was a risk but since we were only then starting work on the Genesis furs I had no idea which of the starters furs was dominant, lol, soon found out when he kindly popped a Pearl II and a dominance proof.
Its also another reason why dominance charts and testing is so important particularly with new Genesis furs, the faster we work it out the faster we can look at kitties from 2 Genesis cats showing a Genesis fur and know if they might hide another one.
Its taken a bit longer but a lovely 9T mate means I'm now breeding his offspring and hopefully not making more double genesis cats, but of course some of them will be, I just need them to pass hidden fur and whisker colour at the same time, twice, in a boy and a girl. Not too much to ask is it? Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , Ivy Norsk

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)