Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

LE Uber Odyssey Eyes
10-10-2017, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2017 01:00 AM by Shamu077 Resident.)
RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes
Not frustrated Ivy, since I figured the Uber Odyssey eye would remain after it was retired. But this is a breeding question that's been on my mind for months, and wanted other opinions.
If hell freezes over, KC might even tell us what will really happen, but not taking bets on that. Smile

I do have 4 pairs of unrezzed Ubercat packages, so I will be rezzing at least one pair to test after the Fall Collection is out.
If they at least include non eye non LE traits, they will still be useful.
A new fur or ear with an Uber Odyssey eye showing as a bonus would be nice.

Questions -

How do you know a trait is LE in a new Collection, vs just a new trait?
When do LE traits retire?
Are they announced as retired, or just assumed retired?

Why did I breed 18 Summer Collection kitties, smoke out every hidden trait for all of them,
and never found a SINGLE NEW TRAIT!
Summer trait hunting score: KittycatS Owner: 28,400 $L (kibble, milk, and starters),
Me: 0 $L (nothing worth selling)

This is why I haven't gone to auctions this summer. Make breeding a total losing activity and don't expect breeders to buy expensive cats at your auctions.

Does anyone need a several dozen zero and one trait genesis boxes (w/ 9T backgrounds), with such exciting traits showing as Mysterious eyes? Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Ok I can try to answer your questions

LE traits are usually announced in the notecards, and other places, that come with the collections, most commonly they are the costume eye for that collection but we have had others for example Lite Dream whiskers.

They retire when the collection goes off sale usually, I don't recall them being announced as retired therefore its assumed since they are announced as only available in the collection cats, even regular starters rezzed during a collection will not carry the LE traits, only the collections, therefore its safe to assume the trait is retired once the collection goes off sale at the mainstore. Of course there will still be some on the secondary markets that may carry a LE trait for sale.

Why did you breed 16 summer collection cats, lol, only you can answer that, as to why you never found anything new, just really unlucky I guess, I usually buy 4 from collections plus 2 other starters so test 6 cats and have been quite lucky so far. Trait hunting really is just luck I'm afraid.

In addition to trait hunting though I do breed couture cats and make most of my sales from them, even if I find a new trait its rarely an expensive one and I do like to trait up before selling so the price has generally dropped a lot by the time my kitties hit the auctions.

(10-10-2017 02:42 PM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  Questions -

How do you know a trait is LE in a new Collection, vs just a new trait?
When do LE traits retire?
Are they announced as retired, or just assumed retired?

Why did I breed 16 Summer Collection kitties, smoke out every hidden trait for all of them,
and never found a SINGLE NEW TRAIT!
Summer trait hunting score: KittycatS Owner: 28,400 $L (kibble, milk, and starters),
Me: 0 $L (nothing worth selling)

This is why I haven't gone to auctions this summer. Make breeding a total losing activity and don't expect breeders to buy expensive cats at your auctions.

Does anyone need a several dozen zero and one trait genesis boxes (w/ 9T backgrounds), with such exciting traits showing as Mysterious eyes? Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
10-11-2017, 10:58 PM
I can say for sure that the uber cats even if rezed at a later date will still hide whatever limited edition uber eye that came with the collection.
It was stated in the uber cats note card that they all would hide one special new trait which would be the eye that was discovered. (They will carry the genes of one special new trait and all the other normal traits which can only be discovered through breeding. ) I do remember when the eye was found callie saying someone found the special uber eye, instead of one of which does indeed lead me to believe there was only the one, plus the nc does say genes of one special new trait unlike in the past they say they can hide one of x special traits.
So yes, from the info we have been outright given it would appear they all do hide the uber ody eye and we do know that no matter when they are rezed inworld they will always be told by the system they hide that eye. I'd say if there was by chance another possible uber eye it would have been found by now anyways there were alot of them bred and nothing has popped up.
i'd love to see the pedi of the person who says their uber cat hid a different eye, i'd bet it was a mis reading of a pedigree or a case of they were told a cat was pure and it wasn't, that is usually what happens.

Come grab a cat at Kitten Haven!
10-12-2017, 01:26 AM
(10-11-2017 10:58 PM)Arella Ohmai Wrote:  I can say for sure that the uber cats even if rezed at a later date will still hide whatever limited edition uber eye that came with the collection.
It was stated in the uber cats note card that they all would hide one special new trait which would be the eye that was discovered. (They will carry the genes of one special new trait and all the other normal traits which can only be discovered through breeding. ) I do remember when the eye was found callie saying someone found the special uber eye, instead of one of which does indeed lead me to believe there was only the one, plus the nc does say genes of one special new trait unlike in the past they say they can hide one of x special traits.
So yes, from the info we have been outright given it would appear they all do hide the uber ody eye and we do know that no matter when they are rezed inworld they will always be told by the system they hide that eye. I'd say if there was by chance another possible uber eye it would have been found by now anyways there were alot of them bred and nothing has popped up.
i'd love to see the pedi of the person who says their uber cat hid a different eye, i'd bet it was a mis reading of a pedigree or a case of they were told a cat was pure and it wasn't, that is usually what happens.

Thats what I think as well Arella, my guess is it was a hidden of the cat they used to pull traits. I really wish I could remember who said it, I think it was in KittyCats chat when we were discussing the eye but it could just as easily have been at an auction. I know so many people who found it in at least 2 cats, many in multiple pairs but I only ever saw one claim not to hide it. The claim also came before the eye was actually placed so a mis read pedigree is far more likely at that stage. Unfortunately they also never said what eye they "found" instead.

Forum Based Charts

10-13-2017, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2017 12:45 AM by Shamu077 Resident.)
Well, the KC Gods must have heard my complaints!

After breeding out 18 cats, 10 collection cats and 8 ubercats this summer, I have finally found a "new" trait released this June.

I had 3 offspring showing Equine ears after breeding with my Equine ear cats. Since the hidden had to be either Equine or Tufted ear,
I kept on back breeding. Both Summer Collection cats finally proved they only hid Equine ears (and I have a boatload of Equine ear cats already.)

The one holdout was an ubercat. 78 days after birth, backbreeding of offspring finally got me a Tufted ear, from the ubercat.
And with Uber Odyssey eyes and 9T background too!

♂ 5T-m TBM UberOdy FLr TUFTED DP (9T UO?GS Stby CT?Blk)
Fur: Tonkinese - Blue Mink
Eyes: Uber Odyssey (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Flair
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Tufted
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Double Plush)
Size: Normal
Smile Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain
10-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Congrats Shamu, not a bad hid to get and those recessives do always take longer and drive us mad with frustration. Smile

Forum Based Charts

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)